ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change Civil status with Revenue

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jk-mu
Newly Registered
India

Change Civil status with Revenue

Post by Jk-mu » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:33 pm

Hello Members,

Hope all of members are doing fine.

I need you guys help regarding change my civil status to separate with revenue.

I came in Ireland 2003 on work permit. I got my Irish citizen on that basis in 2010.In 2012 got married with an European person. But last 2 year we are not living together for some reason and we are fully decided not to continue. But we are not officially divorce or separated and my spouse not living in Ireland now. We have no contact over one year. Thing is when I got married in 2012 changed my civil status to married with revenue. Now I want to make separate with revenue.

Could anyone please guide me to do that with revenue from my side without my spouse.

Thanks in advance.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Re: Change Civil status with Revenue

Post by raja.brit » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:46 pm

Jk-mu wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:33 pm
Hello Members,

Hope all of members are doing fine.

I need you guys help regarding change my civil status to separate with revenue.

I came in Ireland 2003 on work permit. I got my Irish citizen on that basis in 2010.In 2012 got married with an European person. But last 2 year we are not living together for some reason and we are fully decided not to continue. But we are not officially divorce or separated and my spouse not living in Ireland now. We have no contact over one year. Thing is when I got married in 2012 changed my civil status to married with revenue. Now I want to make separate with revenue.

Could anyone please guide me to do that with revenue from my side without my spouse.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Bear in mind this is an immigration forum n your question seems to be geared towards tax matter.

I would refer you to the following revenue website:

https://www.revenue.ie/en/life-events-a ... index.aspx

Hope it helps. Good luck!

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:32 pm

It is fairly simple to update revenue. You can do it on ros requesting balancing statement. But you will have tax liability for the years you have been separated as €3300 married tax credit won’t apply to you. So you will have a decent tax bill coming to you

Jk-mu
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jk-mu » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:10 am

nojoyfrominis wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:32 pm
It is fairly simple to update revenue. You can do it on ros requesting balancing statement. But you will have tax liability for the years you have been separated as €3300 married tax credit won’t apply to you. So you will have a decent tax bill coming to you
Can i do it over phone? could even do that from my side without my spouse declaration?
Can you please provide me clear guideline.

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:52 am

U can just call them, provide them ur pps number and tell them u r separated. They will ask u ur separatation date and update their system.
If u have an online account u r even able to do it online, by going into ur details and updatw civil status it will ask u the same questions: date of separation.

In terms of credits, it depends if ur wife was previsously working or not, and were you both taxed joint/single that is per family on choice different. Married credits are €1650 there is a chance of loosing them if u ever got them, some people even dont have them because they are being taxed single despite being married.

Jk-mu
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jk-mu » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:51 am

Thanks guys for your help.