ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of address during application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gsvzla
inactive
Venezuela

Change of address during application

Post by gsvzla » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:32 am

Hi there,

I'm in the middle of my citizenship application. I got my passport back and was asked for further documentation, this was 3 months ago. I haven't heard back from them and I will be moving to a new address in a few days.

I've already contacted the Burgh Quay Registration Office on burghquayregoffice@justice.ie following the below documentation to update my address.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/re ... te-details

However I'm not quite sure if I also have to contact the citizenship department on citizenshipinfo@justice.ie or if I have to provide proofs of address for the new address.

Has anyone else been in the same situation?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Change of address during application

Post by littlerr » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:19 am

I changed my address right after I submitted the application. I attached a new bank statement for the new address.

dicarobernal
Newly Registered
Columbia

Post by dicarobernal » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:30 am

littlerr wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:19 am
I changed my address right after I submitted the application. I attached a new bank statement for the new address.
Hi littlerr, just a quick question regarding this address change.
My husband and I just bought a property outside Dublin and we moved there this weekend, I have sent an email in advance around 2 weeks ago to: citizenshipinfo@justice.ie letting them now of the new address and in case they are requesting any kind of proof so I can provide them, but so far they haven't acknowledged the receipt of my email (which is strange as when I emailed them asking when I will receive my passport back "as it was nearly 6 weeks since I applied at that time" they answered within one day..)

When you applied for your Citizenship and changed your address you wrote to this email address citizenshipinfo@justice.ie ? or you just sent them the bank statement with the new address to the Citizenship address application in Tipperary?

Thank you in advance,
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Regards, Diana

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:30 pm

dicarobernal wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:30 am

Hi littlerr, just a quick question regarding this address change.
My husband and I just bought a property outside Dublin and we moved there this weekend, I have sent an email in advance around 2 weeks ago to: citizenshipinfo@justice.ie letting them now of the new address and in case they are requesting any kind of proof so I can provide them, but so far they haven't acknowledged the receipt of my email (which is strange as when I emailed them asking when I will receive my passport back "as it was nearly 6 weeks since I applied at that time" they answered within one day..)

When you applied for your Citizenship and changed your address you wrote to this email address citizenshipinfo@justice.ie ? or you just sent them the bank statement with the new address to the Citizenship address application in Tipperary?

Thank you in advance,
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Regards, Diana
Hi Diana, I first wrote a letter to them with a bank statement for the new address. A few days letter I sent an email asking them whether they have received my correspondence.
They sent back a letter a few days (or weeks - can't remember) later acknowledging the change of address.
I did not receive any correspondence by email.

I would suggest that you send them a letter with proof of new address like the bank statement. The reason is that they need to scan everything into the system - including the change of address request and the new bank statement.
If you send them an email, I don't know if it will go through the same scanning process. There might be one in place, but I don't know about that, and I won't take any risk.
The email address is correct btw.