ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Employment Irish citizenship application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rod_alm
Newly Registered
Brazil

Change of Employment Irish citizenship application

Post by Rod_alm » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:22 pm

I have applied for Irish naturalization on November 2019 on basis of 5 years residency with Stamp 4...I got a letter saying that my application have moved to the 2nd Stage on 01 of March 2020. I was an employee in a factory when I sent my application but in February 2020 I lost the job. Now mid March I did open a Limited company... then as a director of this company I will be a employee of my own company.

My question is.....
1- Should I notify the Department of Justice of this transition on my employment?
2- Will this affect my application as it have moved to the 2nd Stage?

Thanks

Odoba
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Change of Employment Irish citizenship application

Post by Odoba » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:59 am

You do not have to do anything, unless they write to ask of something about your employment then you can furnish them with evidence of your new venture.

At stage 2, they're going to check your background with garda database and other agencies to ensure you are a person of good character. Just chill and you will be sorted soon

Rod_alm
Newly Registered
Brazil

Re: Change of Employment Irish citizenship application

Post by Rod_alm » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:31 am

Thanks for your reply. I will wait until they ask for further information.

Fingers crossed for the 3rd July ceremony still happens...