ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing role on Critical skills permit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GTO
Newly Registered
Ireland

Changing role on Critical skills permit

Post by GTO » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:17 pm

Hi,

I am currently holding critical skills work permit for parent company and have requested for support letter upon completion of 21 months.
Parent company provides IT services to 2 subsidiary companies. Now subsidiary company has a new role beginning next month and I would appreciate if some one can advise if I can apply for that role without changing work permit.

Also can I visit GNIB for Stamp 4 as soon as I receive support letter or should I be waiting to complete 24 months since work permit was issued?

Many thanks.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Changing role on Critical skills permit

Post by littlerr » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:50 pm

You need to check whether your role in the corresponding CSEP category has changed.

https://enterprise.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do ... ions-List/

For example, if your role has changed from ‘software developer’ to ‘senior developer’, your CSEP category would remain unchanged as 2136, therefore you won’t need to inform DBEI.

If your role has changed from a GP (2211) to be a pharmacist (2213), then you have to inform DBEI and they will advise you whether you need to apply for a new permit.

GTO
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by GTO » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:23 am

Thank you very much littlerr for quick help. It looks like my role is changing from 2135 to 2139, so I am good from this pov but I was told if I take up the role then new payslip will have subsidiary name printed on payslips instead of parent company. Would this be ok?

Also could you please clarify if I can apply for Stamp 4 as soon as I get support letter or should I be wait to complete 24 months. I did search on this portal about this but could not find an answer. Thanks.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:44 pm

Payslips are internal matters for your company. They are not a concern for DBEI or INIS.
When you apply for your Stamp 4 support letter, just ask your company to issue a letter which clarifies that the company name in your payslip is a subsidiary.

And yes you can apply for your Stamp 4 as soon as you get your support letter. Strictly speaking, you should try to apply for your Stamp 4 early enough so that you can get the stamp before your current Stamp 1 expires. Although small gaps won't be an issue, it might come back to bite you when you apply for citizenship.

GTO
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by GTO » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:23 pm

Thanks littlerr for your help. I forwarded this information to my company HR but they are looking for some sort of confirmation over an email for their records (like from DBEI/INIS) saying that I am good to take up role.

Couple of weeks ago I had emailed my query to employment permit team, and it appears they did not understood it fully and advised me to submit 'transfer of undertaking' which is not applicable as parent/subsidiary company still exist. I replied to them giving more details but they have not come back since over a week now :( .

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:20 pm

That should have been an HR task! They are paid to do their job properly.

Just keep emailing DBEI on the same email thread every week or so if they aren't responding.

GTO
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by GTO » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:46 pm

Thanks for your response littlerr. Employment permits team came back yesterday saying I would have to apply for a new work permit since they would treat subsidiary as a different employer :roll:

They in fact said any change to employer/role/location requires a new permit.

Alternately I might have to wait for support letter (which seems to be very slow) before being able to take up that role. Seems tough times ahead and dbei rules are not encouraging.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:22 pm

GTO wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:46 pm
Thanks for your response littlerr. Employment permits team came back yesterday saying I would have to apply for a new work permit since they would treat subsidiary as a different employer :roll:

They in fact said any change to employer/role/location requires a new permit.

Alternately I might have to wait for support letter (which seems to be very slow) before being able to take up that role. Seems tough times ahead and dbei rules are not encouraging.
Argh that sucks. How long will you need to wait until you have 21 months? Applying for a new permit means that you need to wait for a new 21 months which isn't good. If you have just a few months before you can apply for Stamp 4 support letter, I would probably wait till the letter is in hand.

GTO
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by GTO » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:30 pm

I have completed 21 months and have raised a request for support letter last week. So my only hope is that DBEI will process support letter in the next few days/weeks and I can get Stamp4. Else I will be stuck in this wp cycle :lol: .

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:43 pm

According to https://enterprise.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do ... ing-Dates/

They are processing support letters received on 2 March, which is 5 weeks ago. That should give you some estimates on when you can expect to receive yours. I hope you will receive your letter soon.