ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefit and Irish Citizenship Application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

spring_boot
Newly Registered
Mood:
Korea South

Child Benefit and Irish Citizenship Application

Post by spring_boot » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:40 am

Hi Folks,

My wife (Non-EU, 6 years residence based on Stamp 3 + Stamp 1G) is going to apply for Irish Citizenship by next month, and that we are preparing the Irish Citizenship application for her. She is receiving Child Benefit since she came here in June/2015 because the government did not allow me to receive it. Only the mother of a child can receive the Child's Benefit.

I have a couple of questions that I could not find anywhere with a proper answer in terms of Child benefit. So I hope you can help me to clarify, please.

a) In Question 9.5 of the current form: "Have you received a Social Assistance payment of the State support...", should she answer Yes or No? I am unsure if Child Benefit would be considered as a kind of Social Assistance Payment?

b) Would you think Child Benefit might have a negative impact on her application? I would think that it should not have a negative impact because every child in Ireland would benefit from this support by the government if their parents satisfy certain conditions, e.g. working in Ireland and paying tax, PRSI, etc.

Many thanks,
Kyungho

youngmoon
Ireland

Re: Child Benefit and Irish Citizenship Application

Post by youngmoon » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:32 pm

1.No, that is applicable to only PUP, HAP, etc.
2. No.

spring_boot
Newly Registered
Mood:
Korea South

Re: Child Benefit and Irish Citizenship Application

Post by spring_boot » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:47 pm

youngmoon wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:32 pm
1.No, that is applicable to only PUP, HAP, etc.
2. No.
Thank you.

KH