ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Passport Renewal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nlassai
Newly Registered

Child Passport Renewal

Post by nlassai » Tue May 21, 2019 3:00 pm

My daughter( 2.5 years) who is Irish National is currently in Non-EU country with grand parents. Her Irish passport will expire in next few months. How can we renew the passport from non-EU country? Can you provide me the details on this.

I was told that at-least one parent should be there to fill the consent form.

I have few below questions.
1. Can we do a online application while we (parents) visit non-EU country and get the consent signed from local authorities? Or Do we need to do a paper application?
2. If we need to do a paper application, where can I download it or get it from.

Thanks in advance.

NOTE: Please re-direct me to correct forum if this is not the one. thanks.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Child Passport Renewal

Post by littlerr » Tue May 21, 2019 5:08 pm

Use online renewal. It's much quicker and easier and it's also cheaper.

Guardians will need to send in a witnessed version of consent form as part of the application.

https://www.dfa.ie/passportonline/whocanapply/
Child renewal applications (under 18) require the verification of identity and the consent of all guardians before a passport can issue. A signed and witnessed Child Passport Identity and Consent Form must be sent to the Passport Service for all child applications. This form will be made available at the end of the online process. Some categories of application may require additional supporting documents to be sent to the Passport Service. If your child’s passport book has more than 6 months validity remaining at the time of application, you will need to return it to the Passport Service for cancellation.