ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizen Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Citizen Questions

Post by finalversion_2k » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:51 am

Hi All,

I have below few questions regarding citizen application. will really appreciate your reply.

1. When we are applying for citizen application do we need to send old/expire passports as well with application.. like in my case My stamp4EUFAM was on my expired passport and now I have new passport.

2. when I came to Ireland I used to live on temp address for 2 to 3 weeks and then move to another address where I stayed for 4 years.. Now do I need to write that temp address as well. And if I do will they ask me proofs on that temp address

3. what is the average time to receive passport back??

4. what are the stages and time required each stage??

5. My retention application is in process for more then an year and I'm still waiting for the response. I sent an email to citizen application department and tell them the situation and they reply "if you have required reckonable resident it is open to you to apply for citizenship through naturalization. Please note that onus is on the applicant to keep his permission to remain up to date at all the time during the processing of the application" wondering will this be good idea to apply for citizen application OR NOT??

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Citizen Questions

Post by littlerr » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:01 am

1. Yes
2. Yes (if the temp address is within the last five years and you used this address for GNIB registration);
3. Max 3 weeks as of now
4. Nobody knows but on average 6-9 months for a straightforward application
5. As long as you have got 5 years based on stamp 1, 3, 4, you can apply.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:10 am

thanks @littlerr really appreciate to the point answers..

2. Just to make sure I understand correctly 'do you mean we just need to give last 5 years addresses?? '
3. would you please explain how many stages are ther and what each stage is??

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:51 am

finalversion_2k wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:10 am
thanks @littlerr really appreciate to the point answers..

2. Just to make sure I understand correctly 'do you mean we just need to give last 5 years addresses?? '
3. would you please explain how many stages are ther and what each stage is??
You need to give proof (bank statements, utility bills etc) for the years that you are claiming to have reckonable residences - so normally just the last 5 years. You will also need to list all addresses for the last 8 years, regardless of whether you lived in Ireland or abroad, in the application form, if I remember correctly. You do not need to provide proof for these addresses.
There's an initial stage where they quickly check whether you meet the 5 years requirement, made the payment, attached all documents required, along with some other identity checks etc.
Then you are moved on to the second stage where they do more checks with different departments to confirm that you are eligible.
Then there's an advanced stage where they prepare your file for submission. They will suggest to the minister whether it should be approved or rejected, or whether the minister should use his discretion. We used to receive a letter for this stage, but I don't think most people received it for this upcoming ceremony.
Finally it's getting submitted and you get either an approval or rejection letter.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:00 pm

Thanks @littlerr that was really helpful.