ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship: Aditional documents, what to do if you don't have household bills for one of the years claimed?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gsvzla
inactive
Venezuela

Citizenship: After 4 months I haven't received acknowledgement letter - What do do?

Post by gsvzla » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:01 am

Hi everyone.

I submitted my application on Set 11 2018, based on a civil partnership to an Irish citizen.

I saw the time line topic here and noticed most people receive an acknowledgement letter and their passport back in around a month, it's been almost 4 months and I'm still waiting.

I reached out to citizenshipinfo@justice.ie in November and they replied on Nov 23th saying I should be receiving my "acknowledgement letter including your passport over
the coming week"

I know maybe because of the holidays this might have been delayed, but I'm slightly worried it has taken so long. I tripled checked my application to make sure everything was perfect before submitting.

Anyone else has been in the same position?

Should I reach back to them via email after the 4th month mark on Jan 11th?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

mufc69

Re: Citizenship: After 4 months I haven't received acknowledgement letter - What do do?

Post by mufc69 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:43 am

Good luck waiting on anything from them , my wife applied as the spouse of an Irish citizen living in Northern Ireland, been waiting 1 year and 6 months, no result. Don’t go by other people’s timelines as it means nothing, all you can do is wait basically.

Anira
Canada

Re: Citizenship: After 4 months I haven't received acknowledgement letter - What do do?

Post by Anira » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:50 am

gsvzla wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:01 am
Hi everyone.

I submitted my application on Set 11 2018, based on a civil partnership to an Irish citizen.

I saw the time line topic here and noticed most people receive an acknowledgement letter and their passport back in around a month, it's been almost 4 months and I'm still waiting.

I reached out to citizenshipinfo@justice.ie in November and they replied on Nov 23th saying I should be receiving my "acknowledgement letter including your passport over
the coming week"

I know maybe because of the holidays this might have been delayed, but I'm slightly worried it has taken so long. I tripled checked my application to make sure everything was perfect before submitting.

Anyone else has been in the same position?

Should I reach back to them via email after the 4th month mark on Jan 11th?

Thanks in advance for any insight.
I would definitely follow up with them asap rather than wait until the 11th of January. You could also try and give them a ring.

gsvzla
inactive
Venezuela

Post by gsvzla » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:45 pm

Thank you all for replying. I finally got my letter today. After almost 5 months.

Now they are asking for further documents.

gsvzla
inactive
Venezuela

Citizenship: Aditional documents, what to do if you don't have household bills for one of the years claimed?

Post by gsvzla » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:28 am

Hi guys,

I've finally received my acknowledgement letter.

I'm being asked to submit household bills for the years claimed, however, I don't have any bills to my name for one of those years, anyone else has been in this situation before?

Is there any substitute the DJE accepts in place of a household bill/insurance letter?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Citizenship: Aditional documents, what to do if you don't have household bills for one of the years claimed?

Post by littlerr » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:50 pm

If you don't have it, you don't have it. Just explain nicely why you don't have it. Maybe your partner or roommate or landlord was taking all the utilities?

You must have alternatives though. Letter from landlord, GP correspondence, bank statement, credit card statement, employment letter, correspondence from INIS etc.

altalb
Albania

Re: Citizenship: Aditional documents, what to do if you don't have household bills for one of the years claimed?

Post by altalb » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:29 pm

I have applied for citizenship based on 5 years residency and I had the exact same issue.

1: it took almost 12 weeks to get my passport back
2: asked for 6 months utility bills for each year claimed residency, also 6 months bank statement etc

I moved in Ireland in 2013 mid April as join spouse of green card holder and didn't start working until November 2013 so didn't have any utility bills in my name until 2014 when we moved house. Same with bank statement, I opened the account in late October 2013 (before starting work)

What I did was this:
1-Submitted a cover letter explaining the situation for year 2013 with as much details as possible.
2-Submitted a financial support letter from my husband stating he took care of the bills in 2013 and everything was in his name at the old address we had also he supported me financially until i started working in Nov 2013.
3- rest of the bills/utilities in my name for all remaining years
4- all my bank statements from October 2013 to date (2018)
Submitted then all supporting documents then like RTBs for the 2 addresses we had from me and spouse, bank statements from my husband for that year, his utility bills for that year also other bills he paid for 2014 until 2018 just in case and a bunch of other documents like P60 for my husband for 2013/2014

This is what I was suggested when I called the helpline before submitting the documents and I think if you are not able to provide bills/ bank statements for yourself then you can try this way. Calling the helpline or even writing an official email explaining your situation will be also good to get guideline on how to proceed.

All the best of luck .. to both of us