ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application based on marriage to Irish Citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lorenna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Citizenship application based on marriage to Irish Citizen

Post by Lorenna » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:36 pm

I will be trying to prepare my husbands application for Irish Citizenship the end of this year. I'm a little bit confused about documents to use as proof of address/residency though.
We have to supply 3 proof of residency for each year of residency claimed.

2017 - Bank Statement, Credit Union Statement, Letter from Revenue with Tax Credits
2018 - Bank Statement, Credit Union Statement, Letter from Revenue with Tax Credits
2019 - Bank Statement, Credit Union Statement, Letter from Revenue with Tax Credits

Additionally we have to supply "Copies of three different proofs of residence in the island of Ireland for both applicant and spouse/civil partner for 3 months prior to the date of application showing date and name and current address."

I'm a little bit confused about this one. For myself I can supply say my bank account statements, credit union statements and credit card statements.
For my husband, if we apply at the start of 2020, arent these proofs of address for the 3 months prior going to be just the same statements we already provided above? We don't have any bills in his name. So we could provide bank statements, credit union statements and savings account statements for the 3 months prior to application, but I'm already providing these for the year previous above anyway so this makes no sense?

otono
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Citizenship application based on marriage to Irish Citizen

Post by otono » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:38 pm

If you're confused, save time and apply through an experienced solicitor. Taking too many different suggestions is not the best. Also, if you make mistakes or do not submit what you're supposed to, it'll delay your application as they will still ask you to submit them.
They deal with applications turn by turn based on dates submitted, so when it gets to yours and you have everything, they'll move it to second stage, otherwise they'll just ask you to submit more documents and then you're back on the queue.

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:47 pm

Send inis an email with any questions and attach their response to your application.

Lorenna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Lorenna » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:58 am

I sent them an email, but I never thought to attach the reply to the application. Thanks.
Does anyone know do they accept Credit Union Account Statements, Loan Statements, Loan Agreements, Saving Account Statements etc. on top of Current Account Bank Statements? I'm just worried in case our third proof of residency for each year isnt accepted.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:09 am

Anything that can be verified against is acceptable. So yes all of these letters you mentioned are acceptable.

Lorenna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Lorenna » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:26 am

littlerr wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:09 am
Anything that can be verified against is acceptable. So yes all of these letters you mentioned are acceptable.
Thanks. I was kind of worried about using the Credit Union Statement because I found this on the INIS website:
"Documents you cannot use
Documents that do not show your name and address
Bank statements that do not show daily transactions, eg that only show direct debits or online shopping"

I don't see why a Credit Union statement wouldn't be acceptable though as its a credit institution even if there isn't every day transactions.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:33 am

I submitted my credit card statement as one of the proof, because all my daily spendings are from that card. They in turn asked me to submit my current account even though it only has direct debit transactions on it.

If you are not sure whether it is deemed valid, just try to submit more documents for every year. It doesn’t harm if you submit 4 or 5 or 6 different proofs for a certain year.

water_tank1
Ireland

Post by water_tank1 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:54 pm

Hi all,

I have a query regarding the question below -

"Copies of 3 different proofs of residence in the State for both applicant and spouse/civil partner for 3 months prior to the date of application showing date and name and current address."

Does that mean 3 proofs per month prior to application?
Or does it mean 1 x proof per month which totals 3?

Can someone please clarify?

Cheers

South African spouse
South Africa

Post by South African spouse » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:19 am

water_tank1 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:54 pm
Hi all,

"Copies of 3 different proofs of residence in the State for both applicant and spouse/civil partner for 3 months prior to the date of application showing date and name and current address."

Cheers
We are having the same problem and were advised it's just 3 proofs in total.we have sent the 1st lot with our application then were requested to send another 3 and then received a letter for another 3 with the same stipulation!!it's frustrating we got on to a td and sent him the proofs that we have sent previously so he is forwarding them on to them this time and asking them to clarify why the same thing is being asked for

Raja Masood Iqbal
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Raja Masood Iqbal » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:53 pm

Hi,
I applied for my family citizenship based on 3 years residency as me an irish citizen who applied for his spouse and 3 kids. I sent all documents together assuming it as a family application to one address and they received it on the 9/02/2019 as stated an post. Now it has been 16 weeks and no sign of my children's original passports or any update although I only got my wife's original passport 8 weeks ago. I tried ringing 1000 times,wrote emails and letters but still no response now my family is planning to go on holidays but kids need their passports ASAP in order to do so. I would appreciate any advice as I am really stressed following this situation. Now only proof I have for my kids application is the an post tracking number.I think its ridiculous to keep someone's original passports for 16 weeks.

water_tank1
Ireland

Post by water_tank1 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:02 pm

South African spouse wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:19 am
water_tank1 wrote:
Hi all,

Cheers
We are having the same problem and were advised it's just 3 proofs in total.we have sent the 1st lot with our application then were requested to send another 3 and then received a letter for another 3 with the same stipulation!!it's frustrating we got on to a td and sent him the proofs that we have sent previously so he is forwarding them on to them this time and asking them to clarify why the same thing is being asked for
Yea the requirements about the 3 months before proofs isn't completely clear.
I was also hoping given the number of people applying for citizenship on this site would of weighed in as to what they actually sent in. Hopefully someone does.

Regards

South African spouse
South Africa

Post by South African spouse » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:51 pm

water_tank1 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:02 pm
water_tank1 wrote:
Hi all,

Cheers
I was also hoping given the number of people applying for citizenship on this site would of weighed in as to what they actually sent in. Hopefully someone does.

Regards
water_tank1 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:02 pm
water_tank1 wrote:
Hi all,

Cheers

Regards
Just read an email I received from inis when I queried this and it's three in total 1 for each month for 3 months prior

Limerick city
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Limerick city » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:23 am

Hello guys, I applied my citizenship application on 19 Mar 2019. i have not received my passport back, till 10 june 19. It has been more than 12 weeks still counting. I emailed them, Tried ringing but nobody answered, Posted letter last week. Still so far no response. I will need my passport back to renew my visa, do not know now , what should i do? is anybody facing some issue as me. thanks

Limerick city
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Limerick city » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:19 am

I got it back today. :D

Limerick city
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Limerick city » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:41 am

does anyone know what does second stage mean? how many stages do they have before application submit to ministry?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:44 am

Limerick city wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:41 am
does anyone know what does second stage mean? how many stages do they have before application submit to ministry?
ireland/citizenship-application-process ... 73543.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.