ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application passport return query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shehz
Newly Registered
India

Citizenship application passport return query

Post by Shehz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:31 am

Hi guys ! I wanted to get a bit of advice . My wife applied for citizenship on 5 th March . She still has not received her original passport back . It’s around 6 weeks now . We are getting a bit anxious about it . Should it take this long to get passport back ?? We don’t need to travel but just want to know if this is normal . Thanks

phoenix49
Ireland

Re: Citizenship application passport return query

Post by phoenix49 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:43 am

I applied on 6th of March and still waiting for my passport. I assume they are busy with the ceremony which is about to happen in a few weeks. I also tried calling them today with no luck - line is always busy. I'm wondering if more people are affected with the delay and whether anyone could reach them by the phone? I even emailed them - no reply.

markem
Mood:
New Zealand

Re: Citizenship application passport return query

Post by markem » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:01 pm

Shehz wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:31 am
My wife applied for citizenship on 5th March . She still has not received her original passport back . It’s around 6 weeks now.
It's not unheard of for passport return to take this long. The average time over the last year is ~30 days. (based on 64 applications).
phoenix49 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:43 am
I also tried calling them today with no luck - line is always busy.
The phones were closed for last couple of weeks. Even on a good day it's very hard to get through, but at the moment I would guess it is busier than usual (e.g. with ceremony queries).
Timeline threads here:
2020 /
2019 / 2018 / 2017 / 2016