ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

water_tank1
Ireland

Citizenship application

Post by water_tank1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:48 pm

Hey all,

Could someone please clarify/explain this statement to me, as I am not 100% clear on it's meaning.

"Evidence of residency permission i.e. your passport(s) showing residency permission
stamps for a period of 1 year immediately prior to the application and a further 2 years in
the 4 year period before that, equalling 3 years in total"

I am a Irish citizen and my wife is non Eu. she has been here in Ireland since mid May 2016 on stamp 4 and I am planning on applying for her citizenship once she reaches 3 years residence in May.

Does the above statement mean we have to wait 4 years before we can apply for citizenship?
She has stamp 4 until 2022 so will meet continuous residence for the year prior to application and will have three years residency in May.
I did a mock residency calculator and it shows we meet the requirements for residency minimum of 1096 days.

Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Citizenship application

Post by littlerr » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:15 pm

It means she needs 3 years residence in total in the past 5 years. She doesn’t need to wait for 5 years. If you are married for 3 years and she is in Ireland for 3 years on the basis of marriage, she can apply for citizenship once 3 years have passed.

water_tank1
Ireland

Re: Citizenship application

Post by water_tank1 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:20 am

Thanks for reply.

I hold dual nationality both British and Irish.

Her permission is stamp 4 eufam. I became an Irish citizen through naturalization in 2107.

We meet the 3 years marriage and will meet the 3 years residence in May.