Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post Reply
Mrs P
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:05 pm
India

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Mrs P » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:49 pm

Anira wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:28 am
For the first time the informatiom given on e-mail and phone match..

Your application for naturalisation is being prepared for submission to
the Minister. If further documentation and/or clarification of any matter
related to your application is required from you, we will write to you
requesting it. Otherwise, you will receive a letter in due course
informing you of the Minister’s decision on your application.

Regards,

Citizenship Helpdesk Team 3




Hi , just wondering i am getting that same emails from last year and many times.. I think it is just generated.😳..my application is still in waiting 😔..

Statusquo73
Junior Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:15 pm
Lebanon

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Statusquo73 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:18 pm

Mrs P wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:49 pm
Anira wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:28 am
For the first time the informatiom given on e-mail and phone match..

Your application for naturalisation is being prepared for submission to
the Minister. If further documentation and/or clarification of any matter
related to your application is required from you, we will write to you
requesting it. Otherwise, you will receive a letter in due course
informing you of the Minister’s decision on your application.

Regards,

Citizenship Helpdesk Team 3




Hi , just wondering i am getting that same emails from last year and many times.. I think it is just generated.😳..my application is still in waiting 😔..

I think you should request a copy of your file under FOI.
If they are keep saying you that ur file is submitted to Minister for decision.
If u request a copy of your file you will be able to understand what is going on in your file.

treefriend
Junior Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by treefriend » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:59 am

Hey,
I applied in May 2018 and received my passport back after 4 weeks. Sent them email last week and received following response

Dear XXX,

Your application continues to be processed. While it is not possible to
give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision
has been reached. You can send in the UK police certificate if you wish.

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 4

Should I spend £45 and send them Police cert? Would this speed up the process? Please share if someone has done the same?

Thanks

Statusquo73
Junior Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:15 pm
Lebanon

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Statusquo73 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:44 pm

I wrote to Inis asking for an update. They have replied to me with the following template.
I applied to citizenship for more than 1 year and 6 months ago.


-----
Thank you for your email. It is recognised that all applicants for
citizenship would wish to have a decision on their application without
delay. Your application for naturalisation continues to be processed. If
further documentation and/or clarification of any matter related to your
application is required from you, we will write to you requesting it.

Please Note each application is assessed on an individual basis and the
amount of time gathering all the the necessary information varies from
application to application. While it is not possible to give an exact
timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision has been
reached.
------

Alixlboy
Member
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:12 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Alixlboy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:36 am

Statusquo73 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:44 pm
I wrote to Inis asking for an update. They have replied to me with the following template.
I applied to citizenship for more than 1 year and 6 months ago.


-----
Thank you for your email. It is recognised that all applicants for
citizenship would wish to have a decision on their application without
delay. Your application for naturalisation continues to be processed. If
further documentation and/or clarification of any matter related to your
application is required from you, we will write to you requesting it.

Please Note each application is assessed on an individual basis and the
amount of time gathering all the the necessary information varies from
application to application. While it is not possible to give an exact
timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision has been
reached.
------
This is the same copy and paster reply that we are all getting, regardless of when we applied.

I don't know what is stopping inis from simply approving the applications and clearing the backlog.

I think all that they are waiting is for someone to take them to the court for being so inefficient.

They had a backlog in the past as well, which they cleared when they were taken to the court.

Anira
Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:22 am
Canada

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Anira » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:28 pm

Anyone received any invitation? An user in the ceremony day topic said he was informed by inis that aprils ceremony is fully booked? How can this even be possible?

Missstamper
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:20 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Missstamper » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:49 pm

Anira wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:28 pm
Anyone received any invitation? An user in the ceremony day topic said he was informed by inis that aprils ceremony is fully booked? How can this even be possible?
No approval hence no invitation my side. Applied in October 2017, 2nd stage since early Jan 2019.

There couldn't be a couple of thousand approvals out there since last ceremony that are waiting for ceremony surely..

Statusquo73
Junior Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:15 pm
Lebanon

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Statusquo73 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:56 pm

I agree with Missstamper.
It could be that there are thousand of approvals from last round.

We 'may' get approvals but ceremony could be difficult.

Missstamper
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:20 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Missstamper » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:01 pm

Year of Application 2014 and earlier 2015 2016 2017 2018 to date Total
Applications currently on hand 368 201 761 2,773 8,705 12,808

This is from 19th Dec.

So i guess there could be a couple of thousand who have been approved but not invited to a ceremony...

I'm one of the 2773 from 2017! :D :D

Lily3
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:53 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Lily3 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:11 pm

I applied in April 2017 and got second stage letter in Nov 2017 then in advance stage since oct 2018 and was told on phone last week that my file is with Minister and will hear from them very shortly but didn’t get any approval yet. How is it possible that ceremony is fully booked as date of ceremony is not decided yet?

Anira
Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:22 am
Canada

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Anira » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:13 pm

If this is the case, it will be 2 years since my application was submitted until I can attend a ceremony. When we think we are getting close...

Anira
Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:22 am
Canada

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Anira » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:17 pm

Just spoke to a friend who had hers approved in August 2018 (but wasnt invited to Novembers ceremony) and she said she hasn’t received any invitations yet...

Missstamper
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:20 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Missstamper » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:28 pm

basically what INIS are potentially saying is there are 3000 people already lined up for the ceremony in april, and those 3000 all have already received approval....

so those who havent received approval - i.e us, may have to wait until a ceremony in late summer?

Anira
Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:22 am
Canada

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Anira » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:39 pm

Missstamper wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:28 pm
basically what INIS are potentially saying is there are 3000 people already lined up for the ceremony in april, and those 3000 all have already received approval....

so those who havent received approval - i.e us, may have to wait until a ceremony in late summer?
God knows... your man on the topic said “end of 2019”. Usually the 2nd ceremony is smaller for less than 800 people. Last one was in Dublin and wasnt even advertised on the INIS website

Missstamper
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:20 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Missstamper » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:48 pm

infuriating as usual :D

Anira
Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:22 am
Canada

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Anira » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:23 pm

Posting for a friend who isnt here. She applied in November 2017 and never got her 2nd stage letter. Yesterday she got a letter from INIS requesting PSC card and why her signature does not match, so 15 months for them to get back and request something so simple...

Lily3
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:53 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Lily3 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:47 pm

Someone updated a while ago that he got approval letter today. I can’t find that post. Is there anyone else who got approval letter today?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 58199
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:58 pm

Lily3 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:47 pm
Someone updated a while ago that he got approval letter today. I can’t find that post. Is there anyone else who got approval letter today?
The post you saw was from a year ago that you then tagged onto today congratulating the person.
Lily3 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:24 pm
billybob19700 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:20 pm
I have received a letter from INIS today stating, is this approval letter?
I refer to your application for a certificate of naturilsation. The minister proposes to grant your application, subject to the successful completion of the application process.

The following should now be forwarded to processing team 3:

1- 950 EUROS
2- 2 Color photos
3- Gnib


Confusion here
if your application for a certificate of naturalisation is to be granted the next correspondence you will be receive from this office will be to inform that you will required to attend a citenzship ceremony on a specific date.

But this states that i can forward the requested docs.
If you wish to be considered for inclusion in the next citizenship ceremony it is essential that you submit 950 EUROS naturalisation fees and docuement above 2 - 4 within 10 days from the date of this letter.

Many thanks
Congratulations for the approval letter. Would you mind if I ask you what’s the date on the letter when it has been issued to you. Thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Statusquo73
Junior Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:15 pm
Lebanon

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Statusquo73 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:59 pm

As no ceremony date is published I don't think that people will get approvals now.

Lily3
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:53 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Lily3 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:04 pm

Thanks for reply

Post Reply
cron