Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post Reply
Spire01
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:06 am
Mood:
India

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Spire01 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:16 pm

Larysa wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:14 pm
on INIS website

Next ceremony
The next day of citizenship ceremonies will take place on Monday 29th April 2019 at the Killarney Convention Centre, Killarney, Co. Kerry.

A further two ceremony dates are also confirmed to take place at the Killarney Convention Centre on the 30th of September and the 9th of December 2019. Invitations will issue in due course. Please do not contact us in this regard as we are not in a position to confirm invitation at this stage.

3 ceremony days!!!!WOW!!!!
Three big ceremonies I guess, Great!! :)

Anira
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:22 am
Canada

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Anira » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:26 pm

I got in touch with my local TD for an update and their reply was that I should hear from them shortly with a decision.

This application has entered the final stage of processing and the applicant will be informed of my decision shortly.

Missstamper
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:20 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Missstamper » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:25 pm

I’m still waiting also anira -
Anira wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:26 pm
I got in touch with my local TD for an update and their reply was that I should hear from them shortly with a decision.

This application has entered the final stage of processing and the applicant will be informed of my decision shortly.
I’m still waiting anira - applied Oct 17 - getting tight now with the ceremony in April - surely something next week if we are getting approval...

Lily3
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:53 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Lily3 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:02 pm

Missstamper wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:25 pm
I’m still waiting also anira -
Anira wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:26 pm
I got in touch with my local TD for an update and their reply was that I should hear from them shortly with a decision.

This application has entered the final stage of processing and the applicant will be informed of my decision shortly.
I’m still waiting anira - applied Oct 17 - getting tight now with the ceremony in April - surely something next week if we are getting approval...
I had applied in april 2017 and still waiting. Hoping to get in the upcoming ceremony. As it’s getting frustrating now.

Missstamper
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:20 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Missstamper » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:08 pm

Lily3 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:02 pm
Missstamper wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:25 pm
I’m still waiting also anira -
Anira wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:26 pm
I got in touch with my local TD for an update and their reply was that I should hear from them shortly with a decision.

This application has entered the final stage of processing and the applicant will be informed of my decision shortly.
I’m still waiting anira - applied Oct 17 - getting tight now with the ceremony in April - surely something next week if we are getting approval...
I had applied in april 2017 and still waiting. Hoping to get in the upcoming ceremony. As it’s getting frustrating now.
And in a parliamentary question from 28th feb the minister still claims average time is 6 months.


In general, it takes 6 months for a fully completed standard application to be processed from the date it is received to the date a decision is made. The nature of the naturalisation process is such that, for a broad range of reasons, some cases can take longer than others to process.

My application couldn’t have been any more standard if I tried!! I’ve lived here nearly 30 years not even a parking fine!!

Lily3
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:53 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Lily3 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:40 pm

Missstamper wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:08 pm
Lily3 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:02 pm
Missstamper wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:25 pm
I’m still waiting also anira -
Anira wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:26 pm
I got in touch with my local TD for an update and their reply was that I should hear from them shortly with a decision.

This application has entered the final stage of processing and the applicant will be informed of my decision shortly.
I’m still waiting anira - applied Oct 17 - getting tight now with the ceremony in April - surely something next week if we are getting approval...
I had applied in april 2017 and still waiting. Hoping to get in the upcoming ceremony. As it’s getting frustrating now.
And in a parliamentary question from 28th feb the minister still claims average time is 6 months.


In general, it takes 6 months for a fully completed standard application to be processed from the date it is received to the date a decision is made. The nature of the naturalisation process is such that, for a broad range of reasons, some cases can take longer than others to process.

My application couldn’t have been any more standard if I tried!! I’ve lived here nearly 30 years not even a parking fine!!
My case is also staright forward no fine and nothing wrong. Can’t understand why my application is taking too long.

Mrs P
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:05 pm
India

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Mrs P » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:42 pm

Same here. Just waiting and waiting.. applied in feb 2017.. just 🤞🏻😞.. but in my case don’t know if i ll get approval because my application based on Irish Association. . They are saying it is on final stage just waiting to send to minister...

Mrs P
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:05 pm
India

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Mrs P » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:47 pm

I requested an update on my application by an email. They replied —

Dear ______
It is recognised that all applicants for citizenship would wish to have a
decision on their application without delay. The nature of the
naturalisation process is such that, for a broad range of reasons, some
cases take longer than others to process. In some instances, completing
the necessary checks can take a considerable period of time. It is not
possible therefore, to provide you with a more definite answer.

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 7

First time ever this email i got from team 7.. hope so they are doing something..

Omolola
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:36 am

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Omolola » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:51 am

Those it say on everyone's approval letter to send 950euro and GNIB within 10 if they want to be considered in the next ceremony? I'm just thinking if this is their general template or to those they really want to attend next ceremony.

Anira
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:22 am
Canada

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Anira » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:55 am

Omolola wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:51 am
Those it say on everyone's approval letter to send 950euro and GNIB within 10 if they want to be considered in the next ceremony? I'm just thinking if this is their general template or to those they really want to attend next ceremony.
The latter, if you want to attend the upcoming ceremony you need to send all the required along with fee within the next 10 days. Can I ask when did you apply and when the lettee was posted to you? Congrats by the way!

Omolola
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:36 am

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Omolola » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:09 am

I applied May 2018. Approval letter dated 15 of Feb 2019 received 20/02/19, everything was sent back to them on Fri 22/02 and was signed for by INIS on Mon 25/02. I'm just thinking if that's the normal letter they sent to everyone or just people they want to really attend the next ceremony?Thanks

Anira
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:22 am
Canada

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Anira » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:15 am

Omolola wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:09 am
I applied May 2018. Approval letter dated 15 of Feb 2019 received 20/02/19, everything was sent back to them on Fri 22/02 and was signed for by INIS on Mon 25/02. I'm just thinking if that's the normal letter they sent to everyone or just people they want to really attend the next ceremony?Thanks
People they want to attend the ceremony... you should be getting your invitation soon. However, there are cases where people got their approval letter and disnt receive an invite fo the ceremony. Some people here got their approval letter in August last year but werent invited to the November ceremony.

Omolola
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:36 am

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Omolola » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:26 am

Thanks for ur reply. That's why I'm asking if they can actually use that phrase "to be considered for next ceremony".

Anira
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:22 am
Canada

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Anira » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:32 am

Omolola wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:26 am
Thanks for ur reply. That's why I'm asking if they can actually use that phrase "to be considered for next ceremony".
Sometimes they can prioritize people who applied earlier but got a delayed approval. A friend of mine applied in May ‘17 and got her approval in late Oct ‘18 and was invited to Novembers ceremony while people who applied in ‘18 and got approval quickly weren’t invited.

Omolola
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:36 am

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Omolola » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:40 am

Yes I know that's why I'm asking if they includes that phrase for everyone in their approval letter

ygy225
inactive
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:19 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by ygy225 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:35 pm

Congrats on your approval,omolola .
Seems like you waited approx 9 months for the approval.
will they continue to send approval letters out in month of April ? as the ceremony is on 29th April.

Anira
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:22 am
Canada

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Anira » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:43 pm

ygy225 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:35 pm
Congrats on your approval,omolola .
Seems like you waited approx 9 months for the approval.
will they continue to send approval letters out in month of April ? as the ceremony is on 29th April.
I think and hope so. I’d say next batch of approval will be from the 7th of March onwards (posted date - 10 days after 2nd batch of approval (25th of Feb) to fill up any remaining spaces for Aprils ceremony).

Tokky12
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:44 am
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Tokky12 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:08 pm

Thank God i find this page 😀been looking for an active page like this,,2018 timeline page is so quiet🙄..i prayed we all got approval soon
My timeline
Application=4th April 2018
Initial &2nd stage letter=13th April 2018
Since then no further correspondence
Have ranged so many time and emailed them..i was getting different response,from been continue to process to about to be submitted to minister and back to process etc so annoying.
Fingers crossed for us..xx

Ash_g
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:17 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Ash_g » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:05 pm

Hey guys just to update you all

I applied October 2017, today letter dated 28th February says I'm now on second stage of processing

I guess it's good news but not the news we've been waiting for.

What does second stage actually means though?

Hope everyone waiting for approval gets theirs soon

I wonder if I'll get mine this April ceremony or so I have to wait until the September one

Spire01
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:06 am
Mood:
India

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Spire01 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:14 pm

Ash_g wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:05 pm
Hey guys just to update you all

I applied October 2017, today letter dated 28th February says I'm now on second stage of processing

I guess it's good news but not the news we've been waiting for.

What does second stage actually means though?

Hope everyone waiting for approval gets theirs soon

I wonder if I'll get mine this April ceremony or so I have to wait until the September one
Hi Ash_g,

It means your application has passed first stage and moved on to the second stage where they verify your records with Garda, immigration history, background checks, etc. but this is too long to receive the second stage letter though...:(....btw did they ask you to submit more documents, etc., between your first acknowledgement letter and the 2nd stage letter? or did you just received the 2nd letter...

Thanks and Regards.

Post Reply
cron