Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Anira
Canada

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Anira » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:16 am

I was able to get through today and this time the lady on the phone said that everything looks fine and I should get a letter informing of next steps in february. She did mention I dont need to send any more documentation so I guess the next step is the final answer. I asked if she could tell me if the minister has made a decision and she said she is not able to confirm and all letters would be sent out by February. If this is true? I dont know but I guess I will stop ringing them until Feb 😂

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:31 pm

Timing-wise that sounds about right considering there's always a ceremony in April/May.

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:30 pm

Anira wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:16 am
I was able to get through today and this time the lady on the phone said that everything looks fine and I should get a letter informing of next steps in february. She did mention I dont need to send any more documentation so I guess the next step is the final answer. I asked if she could tell me if the minister has made a decision and she said she is not able to confirm and all letters would be sent out by February. If this is true? I dont know but I guess I will stop ringing them until Feb 😂
Hi Anira, on what date did you submit your application?

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:41 pm

October 2017

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:48 pm

we've been waiting since July 2017 :roll:

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:11 pm

Me and my husband applied in feb 2017 still waiting 😞

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:57 am

We had a response from a TD who contacted INIS on our behalf, they said in their reply it is not uncommon for applications to take 2 years or more.. ridiculous.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:08 pm

mufc69 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:57 am
We had a response from a TD who contacted INIS on our behalf, they said in their reply it is not uncommon for applications to take 2 years or more.. ridiculous.
Do you have a response from the department in writing? If so it can be easily used as a proof for judicial review against the department that why the department is reverting from the changes brought during Minister Shatter time (http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/inis/pages/pr11000033)
or at least this response must be shared with more TD's to ask a parliamentary question that when the UK can process naturalisation applications in 6-8 weeks, and Germany can process Einbürgerungsurkunde (German Naturalisation Certificate) in 4-6 weeks (a quick google search results show these time periods), then why it is taking years for Ireland?

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:33 pm

The response we had was via email. We are not banking on a result happening anytime soon, probably a result of some sort within this year, the whole process is a joke..

DRH
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by DRH » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:37 pm

Is there no detailed list anywhere of the exact checks done?

GNIB, Revenue, Foreign Embassy in Ireland or Home Office in the foreign country, translation proofreading, European travel or visa history databases, referee contact etc. etc.

I mean there should be some sort of transparency around this. A timeline for each check then a total projected timeframe etc..

Then at least people would have some bloody idea... :?

michealinis
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by michealinis » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:34 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've been stalking these threads for some time but seems we all have similar stories here:

EU 5 year residency applicant

Applied in mid October 2017
Received Acknowledgment of application Oct 2017
Sent off passport and fee received letter back with receipt.
Have had a couple of letters. April 2018 similar to here not stating the stage, at the time I thought this was second stage. Whenever I have emailed. I just get the generic response we are all familiar with.
In October 2018 I received the 'real' second stage letter.
Hoping that I will be told the outcome soon and can go to the next ceremony in April/May time!

Good luck to everyone waiting and fingers crossed for us all.

Nokiabox
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Nokiabox » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:12 am

Have been waiting for almost 2 years
Applied in March 2017

No letters received to ask for any documents or additional information.

Simply very time I ring no news
They sent my second stage letter in September,
Not sure if I should even try to understand the process, but it’s about time that someone will take them to court and get this system improved in a way or another .

The surprising fact is that no one on this forum have suggested a solution that proved to work .

Good luck for all of us.

Alixlboy
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:08 am

mufc69 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:33 pm
The response we had was via email. We are not banking on a result happening anytime soon, probably a result of some sort within this year, the whole process is a joke..
An email can be used as a proof in the court.. Just an FYI.

Alixlboy
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:16 am

Nokiabox wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:12 am
Have been waiting for almost 2 years
Applied in March 2017

No letters received to ask for any documents or additional information.

Simply very time I ring no news
They sent my second stage letter in September,
Not sure if I should even try to understand the process, but it’s about time that someone will take them to court and get this system improved in a way or another .

The surprising fact is that no one on this forum have suggested a solution that proved to work .

Good luck for all of us.
Agreed.. Only problems, but no solutions..

The rule is, if you don't speak, you don't get.
We are all spectators and nobody is trying to find a solution to this annoying problem.

Applications are taking ridiculous amounts of time, and nobody seems to care.
Even if citizenship is not your right, but a privilege, it s unfair to keep you deprived of this privilege for no reason and no fault of your own.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:14 am

Did anybody try to call citizenship phone line recently? I wonder what are the rumors/news regarding the next ceremony or has anybody got any status update where he/she move from one stage to the other? Knowing the historical patterns, not expecting from the department to start sending approvals before mid/late February but maybe by now, they have started to prepare/submit applications to the Minister...
I will try my luck tomorrow by calling INIS tomorrow.

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:28 am

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:14 am
Did anybody try to call citizenship phone line recently? I wonder what are the rumors/news regarding the next ceremony or has anybody got any status update where he/she move from one stage to the other? Knowing the historical patterns, not expecting from the department to start sending approvals before mid/late February but maybe by now, they have started to prepare/submit applications to the Minister...
I will try my luck tomorrow by calling INIS tomorrow.
Was able to get through now and lady on the phone just said that my application is being prepared to be sent to the minister and as soon as a decision is reached, they will inform me. Guess I just have to wait until February now. I’d speculate that the fourth quarter of 2017 applications are being sent to the minister now for decisions according to that link someone posted in another topic showing they still have over 2.000 aplications from 2017.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:47 am

The same story for me as well, being prepared for submission and will be sent to Minister soon. I guess that big pile of files is still lying somewhere and not catching anybody's attention yet. I assume, in a month time or so they might spend a few hours or a day work to send the selected files to Minister. Till now they are still recovering from lengthy Christmas and new year break...

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:32 pm

I rang them today as well. First time lady on the phone told me different thing. She told me my application has crossed second stage and it is on final stage but still didn’t send to minister but in next batch my application will be send to minister. I asked that I didn’t get any second stage letter i got first stage letter in march 2018
Then she told your application has crossed second stage and is on final stage. I asked about the ceremony but she said she has no clue about next ceremony.. just hope after wait for 2 years will get approval this year soon🤞🏻

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:58 pm

I have another question if anyone can give me answer that what second stage letter says actually i got letter in jan 2018 said my application has passed initial stage and processed to second stage. Is this the second stage letter? Since that letter i did not get any letter just rang today and they told me my application has passed second stage. I am just wondering if i passed the second stage i did not get any letter as I mentioned above if the letter which i got in jan 2018 that is second stage letter or what. My head 🤯

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:02 pm

Mrs P wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:58 pm
I have another question if anyone can give me answer that what second stage letter says actually i got letter in jan 2018 said my application has passed initial stage and processed to second stage. Is this the second stage letter? Since that letter i did not get any letter just rang today and they told me my application has passed second stage. I am just wondering if i passed the second stage i did not get any letter as I mentioned above if the letter which i got in jan 2018 that is second stage letter or what. My head 🤯
By the look of things you should receive your second stage letter soon.