Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pissedoffbyinis
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by pissedoffbyinis » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:59 am

My wife is waiting at the last stage since February 2018.
Applied in April 2017 and in February 2018 we were told via email that your application is being prepared for submission to Minister... since that day Minister seems sleeping or his approval pen is broken.

We are getting the same generic response since last 18 months and frustration level is at its peak.

Sazhar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sazhar » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:56 pm

Same here with me. Applied in January 2017, was told that my application is being prepared to be submitted to the Minister in late 2018; but nothing happened since then. I emailed them again a couple of weeks ago, but no reply yet.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:14 pm

Applications for Pakistani applicants seem to be getting particularly delayed, and for no reason.
This is discrimination - I have a good few Pakistani friends who are in the same situation. INIS are constantly lying that the applications are being prepared for submission to the Minister. This is extremely unprofessional and unfair. I think all Pakistanis must raise voice against this unfair treatment.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:20 pm

or at least raise this issue with the TD's in their areas.

Fountainhill
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Fountainhill » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:32 pm

Hi ....Not just Pakistan ....Im South African and Im still waiting since 2017 . I was asked for proof of adress in April and in July .

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:27 pm

Hi Guys, In my personal opinion if we are not getting approval because DOJ think that our marriages or situations are fraud.
Contacting TDs, Sending email to Department or calling them is not helping at all
Looks like we have to wait

Nokiabox
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Nokiabox » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:11 pm

Statusquo73 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:27 pm
Hi Guys, In my personal opinion if we are not getting approval because DOJ think that our marriages or situations are fraud.
Contacting TDs, Sending email to Department or calling them is not helping at all
Looks like we have to wait
I applied in Mar 2017
5 years work permit
Not married to iresh and not from Pakistan
Haven’t even got to advanced stage or “your file is with the minister”
Total crazy system

Sazhar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sazhar » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:06 pm

I know at least 4 more Pakistanis who are waiting for more than two years & are not on this forum; while i have just entered into my nineth year of Irish residency :(

markem
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by markem » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:27 pm

My interpretation of these terms:
"at an advanced stage of processing" - means anything after the second stage letter has been sent
"being prepared for submission to the Minister" - means anything after the application has been acknowledged

littlerr
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:49 pm

markem wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:27 pm
"at an advanced stage of processing" - means anything after the second stage letter has been sent
"being prepared for submission to the Minister" - means anything after the application has been acknowledged
After second stage checks, there is a final checklist that a supervisor needs to sign off. The advanced stage refers to this process.
Once the application is signed off, they get sent to the minister for final decision. The minister only signs off applications one to two months before the ceremony.

M7edShin
Mood:
Egypt

Post by M7edShin » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:18 am

littlerr wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:49 pm
markem wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:27 pm
After second stage checks, there is a final checklist that a supervisor needs to sign off. The advanced stage refers to this process.
Once the application is signed off, they get sent to the minister for final decision. The minister only signs off applications one to two months before the ceremony.
Good point thank you guys, now as I been moved to second stage just in June 2019 means I gotta wait another year for a letter to be on advanced stage then another year for approval :D GOD DAMN IT :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I will be on 2022 ceremonies 8)

danielmensah
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by danielmensah » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:43 pm

Has anyone got approval letter for Sept. 30th ceremony?
Just curious if the Sept. ceremony is still gonna hold.
This is getting really frustrating. :cry: :cry:

danielmensah
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by danielmensah » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:03 pm

Hi guys,
I called them this morning for an update on my case after over an hour have been trying to get to them over the phone. I was told that my application is in progress but has not gone to the Minister yet for final approval.
I also asked is it possible for me to be part of this Sept. 30th ceremony? she said wasn't sure about that. Also said, I have to be patient, that at the moment, they dont need anything from me. But if they do I will be contacted.
I made her understand that have applied since Dec. 2017 and still pending for final approval?
She told me that was all she could divulge to me concerning my application, that I have to be patient.
She went further to say, they have lots of people waiting that are even more than 2 years.
This is very very frustrating. :cry: :cry:
Anyone with similar experience?

Omad24
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Omad24 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:01 pm

I got my approval in the end of June. Literally 3 years on the dot. Haven’t received invitations yet

There’s people from 2015 and 2016 that are still waiting. There are people who sent their original passports out and were told to submit their passports and how they were never “received”. Their are people who’s facing Jon removal and social welfare have been stopped because they submitted all their ids

I personally know someone who has applied in 20-5 and has not received one damn thing

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:21 pm

The new minister seems to be a super lazy person. I remember how they were issuing approvals exactly after 6 months not long ago, but now they dont seem to care. Someone really needs to drag them to high court again.

Omad24
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Omad24 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:00 pm

Omad24 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:01 pm
I got my approval in the end of June. Literally 2 years on the dot. Haven’t received invitations yet

There’s people from 2015 and 2016 that are still waiting. There are people who sent their original passports out and were told to submit their passports and how they were never “received”. Their are people who’s facing Jon removal and social welfare have been stopped because they submitted all their ids

I personally know someone who has applied in 20-5 and has not received one damn thing

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:11 pm

Omad24 wrote:
I got my approval in the end of June. Literally 3 years on the dot. Haven’t received invitations yet

Do you think your nationality has anything to do with it? Ie are you from Afghanistan as your flag indicates? Is this someone you know also from Afghanistan?

Omad24
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Omad24 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:54 pm

Bealtaine wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:11 pm
Omad24 wrote:

Do you think your nationality has anything to do with it? Ie are you from Afghanistan as your flag indicates? Is this someone you know also from Afghanistan?
I personally don’t think it has anything to do with nationality. I think it’s pure luck and whether or not you file is on the top or bottom pile

This department is extremely unorganized and are mostly overwhelmed.

danielmensah
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by danielmensah » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:44 pm

No Sept. 30th ceremony this time.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/citizenship

What a BIG SHAME. :( :(