ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Post Reply
SeanDub
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:57 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by SeanDub » Wed May 06, 2020 2:07 pm

Hi Guys, Anyone heard anything back who applied in 2017, applied in September 2017 and still no luck.

Stanina
Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:02 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Stanina » Thu May 07, 2020 6:29 am

SeanDub wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 2:07 pm
Hi Guys, Anyone heard anything back who applied in 2017, applied in September 2017 and still no luck.
Inis is processing applications to some extend remotely but did not approve any new applications since March.

I think it will start when we have new government and prior one month to new ceremony in latest 5th stage of Quarantine.

nad2107
Junior Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by nad2107 » Fri May 08, 2020 12:44 pm

Nope nothing at all. Applied in April 2017. Send so many emails they always say still being processed in Normal way. It’s ridiculous hundreds been approved after us. But I think as from Pakistan they are delaying as they not giving any reason for delay at all. Don’t know what step to take next as everything under lock down. Any advise anyone

SeanDub
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:57 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by SeanDub » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:10 pm

Any update guys?

Nems
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:00 pm
Angola

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Nems » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:19 pm

I sent in my application in November 2017. Received 2 letters for acknowledging application and that was on a secondd satge in May 2018. But since then just generated emails whenever i have enquired. The phones are not even going through. It would be fair if they let us know whatis the problem or give us any decision than having to live in such a limbo. Recent they even replied to me by email that it is imoossible to indicate when a decision will be reached with my application. I have no hope left. 😫😫

SeanDub
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:57 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by SeanDub » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:39 pm

Waiting since September 2017, last week my solicitor sent them a threatening letter that I am initiating the judicial review process if you don't reply with in 28 days, received a letter today that don't go for judicial review we give a definite answer within 10 weeks, so fingers crossed, never wrecking 3 years,

nad2107
Junior Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by nad2107 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:49 pm

Hi

Has anyone from 2017 had any recent update or any contact from INIS at all. We applied in April 2017 and still waiting. So many people who applied after us for it. Received FOI and nothing negative in there. No criminal records. No fines. Nothing. Even wife is of same origin but still waiting. Have now contacted lawyer for judicial review. Hope that pushes them to do something.

SeanDub
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:57 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by SeanDub » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:47 am

@nad2107
Don't go for judicial review, (expensive and frustrating delays) just send them a threatening letter through your solicitor that you are going to initiate judicial review proceedings if you don't give me a definite answer in X amount of time. I am pretty much sure you will receive something positive because they are trying to clear the applications pending for longer times. (since the new government took charge).

wish you very best of luck.

nojoyfrominis
Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by nojoyfrominis » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:47 pm

What does solicitor charge for sending the letter

Waqassadiq82
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:37 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Waqassadiq82 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:44 pm

Hi everyone.
Hope all of you s are fine. A quick question. I have applied for naturalization in Jan 2017.
1st letter I got on March 2017
2nd stage letter in October 2018
Since then a deep silence
Anytime I email the department they say u r well advanced. Any help??

Paddy1996
Junior Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:04 pm
Albania

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Paddy1996 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:38 pm

You should bring the to high court otherwise you will be forgetting forever

nojoyfrominis
Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by nojoyfrominis » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:48 pm

SeanDub wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:47 am
@nad2107
Don't go for judicial review, (expensive and frustrating delays) just send them a threatening letter through your solicitor that you are going to initiate judicial review proceedings if you don't give me a definite answer in X amount of time. I am pretty much sure you will receive something positive because they are trying to clear the applications pending for longer times. (since the new government took charge).

wish you very best of luck.

Did you get any update in the ten weeks

Waqassadiq82
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:37 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Waqassadiq82 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:48 pm

Sure I will. Thank you verymuch

Adeel121
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:26 am
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Adeel121 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:59 pm

Application apply date 25/05/2017
Naturaliazation stamp4 16 years
Every time send an email looking for updates
Your application continues to be processed its been nearly 4 year and still no decision what is the next step should I take please share your experience related to my situation
Thank

irishman003
Junior Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:46 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by irishman003 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:24 pm

Adeel121 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:59 pm
Application apply date 25/05/2017
Naturaliazation stamp4 16 years
Every time send an email looking for updates
Your application continues to be processed its been nearly 4 year and still no decision what is the next step should I take please share your experience related to my situation
Thank
Did you request FOI?

Paddy1996
Junior Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:04 pm
Albania

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Paddy1996 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:48 pm

irishman003 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:24 pm
Adeel121 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:59 pm
Application apply date 25/05/2017
Naturaliazation stamp4 16 years
Every time send an email looking for updates
Your application continues to be processed its been nearly 4 year and still no decision what is the next step should I take please share your experience related to my situation
Thank
Did you request FOI?
FOI it’s nothing important the best way when you wait for over 2 years or more you should ask for JR go to high court to get a quick decision if you know that you might be clear in this country you better open a case through the solicitor

Emu1990
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:30 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Emu1990 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:25 pm

Paddy1996 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:48 pm
irishman003 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:24 pm
Adeel121 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:59 pm
Application apply date 25/05/2017
Naturaliazation stamp4 16 years
Every time send an email looking for updates
Your application continues to be processed its been nearly 4 year and still no decision what is the next step should I take please share your experience related to my situation
Thank
Did you request FOI?
FOI it’s nothing important the best way when you wait for over 2 years or more you should ask for JR go to high court to get a quick decision if you know that you might be clear in this country you better open a case through the solicitor

Have u got ur decision by JR?

Paddy1996
Junior Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:04 pm
Albania

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Paddy1996 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:05 pm

Emu1990 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:25 pm
Paddy1996 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:48 pm
irishman003 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:24 pm
Adeel121 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:59 pm
Application apply date 25/05/2017
Naturaliazation stamp4 16 years
Every time send an email looking for updates
Your application continues to be processed its been nearly 4 year and still no decision what is the next step should I take please share your experience related to my situation
Thank
Did you request FOI?
FOI it’s nothing important the best way when you wait for over 2 years or more you should ask for JR go to high court to get a quick decision if you know that you might be clear in this country you better open a case through the solicitor

Have u got ur decision by JR?
Well JR gave a order to the department to give me a decision in 8 weeks time from 28 of December so I will receive a decision before 22 of February

irishman003
Junior Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:46 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by irishman003 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:29 pm

Paddy1996 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:48 pm
irishman003 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:24 pm
Adeel121 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:59 pm
Application apply date 25/05/2017
Naturaliazation stamp4 16 years
Every time send an email looking for updates
Your application continues to be processed its been nearly 4 year and still no decision what is the next step should I take please share your experience related to my situation
Thank
Did you request FOI?
FOI it’s nothing important the best way when you wait for over 2 years or more you should ask for JR go to high court to get a quick decision if you know that you might be clear in this country you better open a case through the solicitor
Kinda agree, hope your result comes out good!!

irishman003
Junior Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:46 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by irishman003 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:33 pm

Paddy1996 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:05 pm
Emu1990 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:25 pm
Paddy1996 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:48 pm
irishman003 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:24 pm


Did you request FOI?
FOI it’s nothing important the best way when you wait for over 2 years or more you should ask for JR go to high court to get a quick decision if you know that you might be clear in this country you better open a case through the solicitor

Have u got ur decision by JR?
Well JR gave a order to the department to give me a decision in 8 weeks time from 28 of December so I will receive a decision before 22 of February
If more people go for JR like you did, I am sure this will give some pressure to the department. Like you said, if someone has been waiting for like 3 or 4 years really should go down this route.

Paddy1996
Junior Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:04 pm
Albania

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Paddy1996 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:45 pm

irishman003 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:33 pm
Paddy1996 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:05 pm
Emu1990 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:25 pm
Paddy1996 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:48 pm

FOI it’s nothing important the best way when you wait for over 2 years or more you should ask for JR go to high court to get a quick decision if you know that you might be clear in this country you better open a case through the solicitor

Have u got ur decision by JR?
Well JR gave a order to the department to give me a decision in 8 weeks time from 28 of December so I will receive a decision before 22 of February
If more people go for JR like you did, I am sure this will give some pressure to the department. Like you said, if someone has been waiting for like 3 or 4 years really should go down this route.
You will get decision in time if you go to JR and also you have more chance to get a positive decision through the JR then if you do it alone , they won’t care too much but if you push them they can’t give you a negative decision, becouse they should have a strong reason if they give you a negative decision otherwise you can also sent them to court to get your right decision even if you get a negative decision from them it’s the court who will be looking agein your case and see what decision you deserve, so in most of this cases who’s been waiting over 2 years the best chance it’s go to high court and ask for your rights 🤞

Stanina
Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:02 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Stanina » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:50 pm

Paddy1996 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:48 pm
FOI it’s nothing important the best way when you wait for over 2 years or more you should ask for JR go to high court to get a quick decision if you know that you might be clear in this country you better open a case through the solicitor
Paddy1996 is JR preacher on the forum :)

I partially agree, that it can be an option after you waiting for 2.5 years or more. I would still start with FOI to see what application holds for you and I guess you can use results in court as well.

irishman003
Junior Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:46 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by irishman003 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:24 am

Stanina wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:50 pm
Paddy1996 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:48 pm
FOI it’s nothing important the best way when you wait for over 2 years or more you should ask for JR go to high court to get a quick decision if you know that you might be clear in this country you better open a case through the solicitor
Paddy1996 is JR preacher on the forum :)

I partially agree, that it can be an option after you waiting for 2.5 years or more. I would still start with FOI to see what application holds for you and I guess you can use results in court as well.
Totally agree, I will do FOI like at around 1.5 years, then wait up to 2 years, go JR.

polarcub
Junior Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:20 am
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by polarcub » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:30 am

I'm with Paddy on the court process. I wish I knew about it before - the process leading up to taking it to court takes time (get an FOI, Find a lawyer, lawyer sends threatening letters to INIS, Set court date, wait for a decision etc).

Why do you advise people to go via JR after waiting for 2+ years? why minimum 2 and not sooner (say 1 year or 1.5 year)


Paddy1996 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:45 pm
irishman003 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:33 pm
Paddy1996 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:05 pm
Emu1990 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:25 pm



Have u got ur decision by JR?
Well JR gave a order to the department to give me a decision in 8 weeks time from 28 of December so I will receive a decision before 22 of February
If more people go for JR like you did, I am sure this will give some pressure to the department. Like you said, if someone has been waiting for like 3 or 4 years really should go down this route.
You will get decision in time if you go to JR and also you have more chance to get a positive decision through the JR then if you do it alone , they won’t care too much but if you push them they can’t give you a negative decision, becouse they should have a strong reason if they give you a negative decision otherwise you can also sent them to court to get your right decision even if you get a negative decision from them it’s the court who will be looking agein your case and see what decision you deserve, so in most of this cases who’s been waiting over 2 years the best chance it’s go to high court and ask for your rights 🤞

Paddy1996
Junior Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:04 pm
Albania

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Paddy1996 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:43 am

polarcub wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:30 am
I'm with Paddy on the court process. I wish I knew about it before - the process leading up to taking it to court takes time (get an FOI, Find a lawyer, lawyer sends threatening letters to INIS, Set court date, wait for a decision etc).

Why do you advise people to go via JR after waiting for 2+ years? why minimum 2 and not sooner (say 1 year or 1.5 year)


Paddy1996 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:45 pm
irishman003 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:33 pm
Paddy1996 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:05 pm

Well JR gave a order to the department to give me a decision in 8 weeks time from 28 of December so I will receive a decision before 22 of February
If more people go for JR like you did, I am sure this will give some pressure to the department. Like you said, if someone has been waiting for like 3 or 4 years really should go down this route.
You will get decision in time if you go to JR and also you have more chance to get a positive decision through the JR then if you do it alone , they won’t care too much but if you push them they can’t give you a negative decision, becouse they should have a strong reason if they give you a negative decision otherwise you can also sent them to court to get your right decision even if you get a negative decision from them it’s the court who will be looking agein your case and see what decision you deserve, so in most of this cases who’s been waiting over 2 years the best chance it’s go to high court and ask for your rights 🤞
Becouse the solicitor won’t go to high court unless 2 years have been passed already, 1 years and 6 months it’s nothing too wait for the decision

Post Reply
cron