ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, Administrator

Post Reply
luxurylemon
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:47 am
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by luxurylemon » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:30 pm

Is anyone else who applied in Sept/Oct 2021 still waiting to even receive evetting?
We applied on the 26th of September 2021 and so far have only received an acknowledgement letter in May 2022, nothing else since then.

jesonnn
Junior Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:02 am
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by jesonnn » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:15 pm

luxurylemon wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:30 pm
Is anyone else who applied in Sept/Oct 2021 still waiting to even receive evetting?
We applied on the 26th of September 2021 and so far have only received an acknowledgement letter in May 2022, nothing else since then.
Yes, i know a couple of persons applied same months Sep-Nov who even have not received eVetting yet

nzrmd
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:54 am
Turkey

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by nzrmd » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:52 pm

jesonnn wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:15 pm
luxurylemon wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:30 pm
Is anyone else who applied in Sept/Oct 2021 still waiting to even receive evetting?
We applied on the 26th of September 2021 and so far have only received an acknowledgement letter in May 2022, nothing else since then.
Yes, i know a couple of persons applied same months Sep-Nov who even have not received eVetting yet
I also applied in July 2021 and still no evetting, personally know another person with the same situation as well

iainke2
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:22 am
United States of America

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by iainke2 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:42 am

luxurylemon wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:30 pm
Is anyone else who applied in Sept/Oct 2021 still waiting to even receive evetting?
We applied on the 26th of September 2021 and so far have only received an acknowledgement letter in May 2022, nothing else since then.
I applied 20 October 2021, and I’ve only heard (multiple time) “we are determining your eligibility, and will put forward your application to the minister in due course.” :roll: :roll:

Prayer007
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:43 pm
India

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by Prayer007 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:51 pm

jesonnn wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:03 pm
Prayer007 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:36 pm
I paid the fee 2 Jan 2023. Applied in Aug 2021.

I don't have the approval yet, even though they asked me to pay the fee. No intel about "fees processed" either.
Try to check the link
https://inisonline.jahs.ie
Also it is normal, takes 2-4 weeks to have it accepted
I received an automated response about the fee being submitted like a receipt but no formal response which people receive. Wrote to info@citizenship and they just stated random stuff like department is trying to prioritise application stuck since long. Well, long is right since I applied Aug 2021

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Posts: 327
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:19 pm
Algeria

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by mentalmind » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:56 pm

For me I applied in November 2021 got eVetting request in October 2022 and got approval on December 2022. Paid €950 fee on 24th of December and got processed (2nd email) on 6th of January 2023. Since then I am just waiting for ceremony date.

Prayer007
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:43 pm
India

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by Prayer007 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:26 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:56 pm
For me I applied in November 2021 got eVetting request in October 2022 and got approval on December 2022. Paid €950 fee on 24th of December and got processed (2nd email) on 6th of January 2023. Since then I am just waiting for ceremony date.
Wow. That's great.

I never got the 2nd email. Just the 1st automated one. And even when they asked me to pay the fee it didn't say I'm approved. Just that they needed the fee to process the application.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Posts: 327
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:19 pm
Algeria

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by mentalmind » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:15 pm

Prayer007 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:26 pm
mentalmind wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:56 pm
For me I applied in November 2021 got eVetting request in October 2022 and got approval on December 2022. Paid €950 fee on 24th of December and got processed (2nd email) on 6th of January 2023. Since then I am just waiting for ceremony date.
Wow. That's great.

I never got the 2nd email. Just the 1st automated one. And even when they asked me to pay the fee it didn't say I'm approved. Just that they needed the fee to process the application.
The mail that is asking you to pay 950 mentions that minister is willing to grant your citizenship if you complete the process.

The process is paying 950 and going to ceremony. Paying 950 means your application is approved. But be aware, you are not naturalized till you attend to ceremony and take oath towards nation.

Palantir
Newly Registered
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:01 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by Palantir » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:24 pm

Congrarts mate! If you don't mind me asking, was it EU or non-EU? Stamps? Thanks!
alan1973 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:20 pm
update:
documents sent on 11/21
e-vetting received two months ago
approval letter received today 19/12/2022.

alan1973
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:10 am
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by alan1973 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:46 pm

Palantir wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:24 pm
Congrarts mate! If you don't mind me asking, was it EU or non-EU? Stamps? Thanks!
alan1973 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:20 pm
update:
documents sent on 11/21
e-vetting received two months ago
approval letter received today 19/12/2022.
sorry for delay to answer, it's non-EU.

Palantir
Newly Registered
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:01 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by Palantir » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:12 pm

Thanks mate! Seems like things progress pretty quickly post e-vetting! 🙏
alan1973 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:46 pm
Palantir wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:24 pm
Congrarts mate! If you don't mind me asking, was it EU or non-EU? Stamps? Thanks!
alan1973 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:20 pm
update:
documents sent on 11/21
e-vetting received two months ago
approval letter received today 19/12/2022.
sorry for delay to answer, it's non-EU.

ep00
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun May 22, 2022 10:06 am
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by ep00 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:06 pm

Non-eu Wife applied Nov 2021 via marriage/spouse route even though she also had the 5 years working, feels like a mistake looking at the timeline. ..still awaiting e-vetting.

Palantir
Newly Registered
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:01 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by Palantir » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:34 pm

So random how they do it! Non-EU people from March and April 2022 getting citizenship ceremonies in December 2022 and people like your wife still awaiting e-vetting. FOI might be worth a try?
ep00 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:06 pm
Non-eu Wife applied Nov 2021 via marriage/spouse route even though she also had the 5 years working, feels like a mistake looking at the timeline. ..still awaiting e-vetting.

ep00
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun May 22, 2022 10:06 am
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by ep00 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:02 pm

Yea going to have to put one in this week I think

In case it helps someone reading this, I've read elsewhere that applications via marriage need both peoples permission to release the data in foi. (or both parents if for kids)

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Posts: 327
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:19 pm
Algeria

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by mentalmind » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:11 pm

As the letter states 23 months of average timeline, there is not much you can do before November 2023. FOI might bring some results for sure but it's too early to threaten with JR way. Even if there is nothing done with your case (I don't think that's the case thou) there isn't much you can say.

eVetting is the last stage of the applications, which means all checks are done etc. etc. So for your case it means it's still under process.

Edit: Just saw someone applied in May 2021 and still didn't get eVetting. So in that case your situation is not so bad.

Palantir
Newly Registered
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:01 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by Palantir » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:29 pm

My acknowledgment letter from Jan 2023 states 19 months.
mentalmind wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:11 pm
As the letter states 23 months of average timeline, there is not much you can do before November 2023. FOI might bring some results for sure but it's too early to threaten with JR way. Even if there is nothing done with your case (I don't think that's the case thou) there isn't much you can say.

eVetting is the last stage of the applications, which means all checks are done etc. etc. So for your case it means it's still under process.

Edit: Just saw someone applied in May 2021 and still didn't get eVetting. So in that case your situation is not so bad.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Posts: 327
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:19 pm
Algeria

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by mentalmind » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:33 pm

Palantir wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:29 pm
My acknowledgment letter from Jan 2023 states 19 months.
mentalmind wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:11 pm
As the letter states 23 months of average timeline, there is not much you can do before November 2023. FOI might bring some results for sure but it's too early to threaten with JR way. Even if there is nothing done with your case (I don't think that's the case thou) there isn't much you can say.

eVetting is the last stage of the applications, which means all checks are done etc. etc. So for your case it means it's still under process.

Edit: Just saw someone applied in May 2021 and still didn't get eVetting. So in that case your situation is not so bad.
Yeah the acknowledgement letter I have in 2021 states 23 months.

Palantir
Newly Registered
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:01 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by Palantir » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:19 pm

Sorry, my letter from July 2022 said 19 months. Not January.
mentalmind wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:33 pm
Palantir wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:29 pm
My acknowledgment letter from Jan 2023 states 19 months.
mentalmind wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:11 pm
As the letter states 23 months of average timeline, there is not much you can do before November 2023. FOI might bring some results for sure but it's too early to threaten with JR way. Even if there is nothing done with your case (I don't think that's the case thou) there isn't much you can say.

eVetting is the last stage of the applications, which means all checks are done etc. etc. So for your case it means it's still under process.

Edit: Just saw someone applied in May 2021 and still didn't get eVetting. So in that case your situation is not so bad.
Yeah the acknowledgement letter I have in 2021 states 23 months.

griffith2
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu May 05, 2022 11:36 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by griffith2 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:21 pm

I am not sure if the timeline given by the department are actually followed.

My vetting invitation states that the file will be submitted to the minister in the next 12 weeks after doing background checks.

Not sure if this is a generic letter that's given to everyone else or just mine.

Palantir
Newly Registered
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:01 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by Palantir » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:23 pm

Did they do so within 12 weeks?
griffith2 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:21 pm
I am not sure if the timeline given by the department are actually followed.

My vetting invitation states that the file will be submitted to the minister in the next 12 weeks after doing background checks.

Not sure if this is a generic letter that's given to everyone else or just mine.

User avatar
Nala2021
Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:34 pm
Greece

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by Nala2021 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:45 pm

griffith2 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:21 pm
I am not sure if the timeline given by the department are actually followed.

My vetting invitation states that the file will be submitted to the minister in the next 12 weeks after doing background checks.

Not sure if this is a generic letter that's given to everyone else or just mine.
I think that their response can be typical for applicants who can go for a judicial review just because of the time that passed since they submitted their application. So in your case (I think you applied on April 2021?) you could go for a judicial review in March 2023 (that is 23 months since the application was submitted).

Post Reply
cron