ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship fee and Irish Permit asked to be submitted when I am travelling

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

romtag
Newly Registered
Ireland

Citizenship fee and Irish Permit asked to be submitted when I am travelling

Post by romtag » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:13 pm

Hi all.
I am in a bit of a pickle here. I got the second letter from the office in Killkenny to submit the Fees, Photos and the Original IRP (or GNIB as it was called) to them within 10 days from today to be considered in the next ceremony which is in April 26 (i think). Unfortunately, I am on business related travel starting ion 2nd April 2019 and wont be back for another 10 days. This means I cannot submit by IRP cause then I wont be let back into Dublin at the airport or even at the connecting flights (where they sometimes ask for the Irish permit within Europe). Please advise if anyone has faced this before and if there is a way to still travel on the 2nd April with my card and then submit my fees after I am back in about 18 days from now. Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Citizenship fee and Irish Permit asked to be submitted when I am travelling

Post by littlerr » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:01 pm

If you do a search here you will see tons of posts.

As long as you have your re-entry visa and the approval letter with you, you won’t have any issue.

romtag
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by romtag » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:34 pm

Thanks a lot for replying. So that means I can travel (even if my IRP is with the Citizenship guys) to and from Ireland with a valid re-entry visa. Thats all ? I am trying to search for such posts here but it will helpful if you are aware of any already and link me to them. Thanks a lot !! you are a life saver. !!!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:29 pm

You also need to bring your approval letter when you travel.

There are a lot of similar questions in the past and many people here have travelled themselves.

I’m actually going abroad for a few days in April as well and I’m not worried.

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:42 am

I'm also travelling end of April, but outside the eu so hoepfully I'll be okay too. I have the stamp on my passport so should be okay and copy of my gnib Incase they want to see proof

romtag
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by romtag » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:43 pm

Thanks for all the replies. I did travel and there was no hassle as I showed them the letter !!!

kseni
Russia

Post by kseni » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:57 pm

Have you travelled with re-entry visa or not?
Visa+stamp in passport or letter from INIS+Gnib copy+passport?

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:33 am

I was on stamp 4eufam gnib so won't have a RE entry visa, and by the time I come back to Ireland, RE entry visa won't be in use anymore so won't be valid.

I will travel with my non eu passport, approval letter and my naturalisation certificate because u get that on the day itself. Ive a stamp on my passport from my previous gnib that I'm allowed to remain in Ireland until 2021. Only bit I'm worried is at Dubai airport they check before you board the airline and mightn't understand so might be a struggle there

Again I went to Burg quay already and they said don't apply for RE entry visa when you don't need to.
And she said to me herself travel your certificate of naturalisation. Hope this helps

Nishasn
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Nishasn » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:47 pm

Hi ash_g, Thanks for the response. Have you faced any issue for not having irp card in Dubai? Please clarify as I will be travelling via Dubai in couple of weeks after submitting my irp. Many thanks