ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming the year you arrive in Ireland as part of the 5 years for naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chaikhosi
Newly Registered

Claiming the year you arrive in Ireland as part of the 5 years for naturalisation

Post by chaikhosi » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:20 pm

I will be moving to Ireland later this year, and plan on staying. I'm a Brit but quite keen on getting naturalised. I have no Irish ancestors so this would be based on 5 years residence.

The document rules say you need 3 proofs of residence per year, and it shouldn't be too hard to collect those for 2019, but then when would my 5 year qualifying period end? Surely I can't claim for all of 2019 when I wasn't in Ireland for most of it.

Basically is it 5 years exactly from my date of arrival, or 5 full calendar years ignoring the one when I arrived, or will they really credit me for time I didn't spend in the country?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Claiming the year you arrive in Ireland as part of the 5 years for naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:12 pm

5 years from date of arrival.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.