ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comin to ireland with Irish spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sydney_hawk
Newly Registered

Comin to ireland with Irish spouse

Post by sydney_hawk » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:15 pm

Hi me and my wife are planning to move to ireland from australia i am from non eu nation and she is irish citizen we got marriend two yrs ago in sydney

I have been issued the d spouse visa which i got in 3 weeks now what i have to do next when i arrive in dublin.
thx

pigeon308win
Newly Registered

Post by pigeon308win » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:37 pm

G'day Hawk,

I'm in the same situation and had a few posts on the issue a while back. Have a look and get back to me if you have any more questions.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... f391cb5449

Cheers,

Pigeon

sydney_hawk
Newly Registered

Post by sydney_hawk » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:34 pm

pigeon308win wrote:G'day Hawk,

I'm in the same situation and had a few posts on the issue a while back. Have a look and get back to me if you have any more questions.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... f391cb5449

Cheers,

Pigeon
First of all many thanks for the reply.
so that means that we have to apply eu 1 form and wait for 6 months for the green card or we just get it straight away .

Platinum

Post by Platinum » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:01 pm

You shouldn't have to apply through an EU1 form- that's for spouses of non-Irish EU citizens. Your spouse is Irish, so she won't be exercising her EU treaty rights. She's just returning to her country of citizenship.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:05 pm

You can read up more information on this in other posts, but basically do the following:
1. go to GNIB with your irish spouse with your passport and marriage certficate
-- they should stamp your passport with a Stamp 4 residence permit (FREE)
-- they should issue you with a GNIB card which shows your Stamp 4 residency status (FREE)

2. apply at the GNIB for a Multiple-Entry Re-entry visa (FREE)

That's all that is required from you. You are then entitled to work and reside for up to 5 years. After that you can go back to the GNIB for a further stamp in 5 years time.

pigeon308win
Newly Registered

Post by pigeon308win » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:51 pm

Scrudu is correct. What he/she's outlined above is exactly the information I have received from several sources. Simply turn up at the airport and go to GNIB within 3 months or so after arrival and get your stamps.

The multiple entry re-entry was new to me so thanks for that Scrudu.

Also, just in case you have any thoughts in that direction: You would be exempt from having to obtain permission to start a business because your spouse is an Irish citizen.

sydney_hawk
Newly Registered

Post by sydney_hawk » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:21 pm

Thanks every one for you time and advise.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:10 pm

No problem. Just be advised of the long queues at the GNIB, so be sure to get there early to pick up a number.

Minor correction to last post. It is actually INIS (Irish Nationality & Immigration Service) who you apply to for the Re-entry visa. They have a few counters on the same floor as the GNIB on Burgh Quay (different ticketing system). Re-entry Visa application form: http://www.justice.ie/80256E01003A21A5/ ... lJan07.pdf