ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contact INIS for questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bombom70
Newly Registered

Contact INIS for questions

Post by Bombom70 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:53 am

Hello,

I am English and looking into the possibility of moving to Ireland to work and hopefully my girlfriend will come with me and also be able to live and work there.

Is it generally ok to contact INIS via email to ask questions about getting a non EU girlfriend into Ireland?

Thanks

ryuzaki

Re: Contact INIS for questions

Post by ryuzaki » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:33 am

INIS are swamped at the moment and you won't get far by email. Weeks or months to reply, if they even bother since you don't have an application with them.

What do you need to ask them?

Basically you need to move over there, for work or if you have sufficient savings and other income to be self sufficient. You can apply for a visitor visa for your GF before you go, as long as you have documentation showing you will exercise treaty rights (e.g. employment letter with start date etc.)

Once you are there and they issue her visa she can come and join you, and then you immediately apply with the EU1 form for a residency card. She can stay while they decide, which can take up to six months or even longer if there are additional questions or issues.

One thing I would say as someone who has done it, make sure you check prices in the area you want to move to. In much of Ireland rent is extremely high, like €1500/month for a small 2 bed apartment. Make sure your job pays enough, and don't be afraid to ask for a lot more money than you would get in the UK if the local rents are high. €75k is pretty mediocre anywhere near Dublin!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Contact INIS for questions

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:39 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.