ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Criminal record of family member and naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

madakaczka
Newly Registered
Poland

Criminal record of family member and naturalisation

Post by madakaczka » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:32 pm

Hello all,

Long story short we are all EU citizens living here since 2006. My dad has been arrested two years ago and had to pay €700 compensation to a guard he apparently injured (please don't ask what happened I wasn't there). There is now criminal record on his file.

On the other hand there is me. I was living here since I was 11, have gone through primary and secondary schools with junior and leaving certificates, have third level diploma in engineering from an Irish university and no criminal record.

I know there's no straight answer to this but how likely is my dad's actions and criminal record likely to affect my citizenship application? Has anyone ever been in the same situation?

Many thanks for your responses :)

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Criminal record of family member and naturalisation

Post by littlerr » Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:02 pm

Your father’s action has zero bearing on you. You are not required to disclose anyone else’s action or history in your application.

madakaczka
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Criminal record of family member and naturalisation

Post by madakaczka » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:27 am

Ok thank you that's good to know :D