ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

De Facto Relationships with Irish Resident

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sg2032
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

De Facto Relationships with Irish Resident

Post by sg2032 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:11 am

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for this forum.. Can someone please help.

My Fiance' is currently holding PR status in Dublin and expecting to get her Citizenship by First quarter of 2020. Right now we are in long distance relationship for almost a year but we already plan to get married by April 1 as we expecting our baby by end of Aug, Yes she is pregnant at the moment for 2 months. Currently I am working in Singapore for almost 4years. We know each other since 2012 and we become partner only last year.

which visa you can recommend to us.
Joint spouse Visa (Joint Family Visa ) or Joint Partner visa (De Facto Relationships )
Joint Partner visa (De Facto Relationships ) - Requires 2yrs with Cohabiting but we are only 1 year meaning we are not eligible.

for Joint spouse Visa we can only apply on April 2 after the ROM ceremony here in Singapore and as statement via website, it takes 6 mo to 1yr to process the visa. meaning I'm not in Ireland when she give birth to our baby.

We only want is to be in Ireland before she deliver the baby so I can take care of my wife and baby.

Can anyone help me on this case?

Thank you.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: De Facto Relationships with Irish Resident

Post by max307 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:48 pm

sg2032 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:11 am
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for this forum.. Can someone please help.

My Fiance' is currently holding PR status in Dublin and expecting to get her Citizenship by First quarter of 2020. Right now we are in long distance relationship for almost a year but we already plan to get married by April 1 as we expecting our baby by end of Aug, Yes she is pregnant at the moment for 2 months. Currently I am working in Singapore for almost 4years. We know each other since 2012 and we become partner only last year.

which visa you can recommend to us.
Joint spouse Visa (Joint Family Visa ) or Joint Partner visa (De Facto Relationships )
Joint Partner visa (De Facto Relationships ) - Requires 2yrs with Cohabiting but we are only 1 year meaning we are not eligible.

for Joint spouse Visa we can only apply on April 2 after the ROM ceremony here in Singapore and as statement via website, it takes 6 mo to 1yr to process the visa. meaning I'm not in Ireland when she give birth to our baby.

We only want is to be in Ireland before she deliver the baby so I can take care of my wife and baby.

Can anyone help me on this case?

Thank you.
I would recommend to wait until you are legally married and then apply, it will be a stronger application if you are married.

Since your fiancée isn't an Irish citizen the application will take minimum 1 year after the submission date.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Jordans
Ireland

Post by Jordans » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:26 am

If I were in your position I would start looking for a job asap! If you are eligible for a critical skills work permit it takes care of two things: coming to Ireland and supporting your family.

sg2032
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Post by sg2032 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:35 pm

I’m working as IT Desktop / Helpdesk support here in Singapore. I’m trying to find job in Ireland but some agency or employer but they preferred physically there. Thanks for the help.

Jordans
Ireland

Post by Jordans » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:16 pm

sg2032 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:35 pm
I’m working as IT Desktop / Helpdesk support here in Singapore. I’m trying to find job in Ireland but some agency or employer but they preferred physically there. Thanks for the help.
I would apply for jobs directly if I were you. There are many IT companies in Ireland constantly looking for support roles -- all positions are freely advertised on their websites. It does take time (in my case - almost 3 months of sending resumes and rewriting cover letters) but it was well worth it.