ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

De facto visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

monkey1212
Newly Registered
Ireland

De facto visa

Post by monkey1212 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:29 am

Hi guys had a look for topics on this but couldn't find anything

Me and girlfriend from taiwan live in NZ at the moment but are planning on moving home was hoping to get her a de facto visa any help on these issues would be much apprcieated
can we apply before we leave NZ so she can try and get work staright away?
Also we are together just over two years but have been only living around 1 and half would this be enough and what type of info do they need to prove it as our names arent on the lease in the house
Any info from someone in similar situation would be great
thanks

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Re: De facto visa

Post by PasadenaTom » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:24 am

Read "Policy Document on Non-EEA Family Reunification"

"De facto Partnerships (whether heterosexual or same sex) must have existed in a relationship akin to marriage including cohabitation for 2 years prior to application for family reunification."

Also this De Facto Relationships with an Irish National or Irish Resident, which states:

"it will be necessary for the couple to provide dated documentary evidence of cohabitation for at least two years. i.e. the couple must be able to show that they have been living together for at least two years immediately prior to the date of application"

So as far as I can tell, you need to live together for about an additional six months. That assumes that you have documentary evidence for the time you have already lived together.