ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dec 2022 ceremony to and from

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

EmyC
Newly Registered
Italy

Dec 2022 ceremony to and from

Post by EmyC » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:09 am

Hi,
Sorry if there already is a simar topic.
I have paid the fee and am now awaiting the invitation for December ceremony.
Does anyone know what time it usually starts? I don't have a car and will have to plan how to get there, very stressed I could be late. 🥺🥺
Thanks

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Re: Dec 2022 ceremony to and from

Post by mentalmind » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:21 am

I have read that they send out invitations 15-30 days before the ceremony date.

EmyC
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by EmyC » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:33 am

Not exactly a lot of time to ask for a day out of work of it's 2 weeks notice....

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:39 pm

Each ceremony takes around 2-3 hours, and there will be 2-3 ceremonies on the same day, so you don’t get to know which one you will be attending until a few weeks before the ceremony.

If you don’t have a car, consider arriving one day in advance. It takes 4 hours to drive from Dublin to Kerry so it’s never safe enough to arrive on the same day in case anything happens.

EmyC
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by EmyC » Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:50 pm

Thank you.
I'll see what the invitation says. Killarney is beautiful but this is a nightmare for 1 day journey.
And with fee out of pocket i dont have money for hotel. 🤷🏻‍♀️

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:19 pm

The last twist of the knife from Immigration. You can't bring children either so it's inconvenient for parents. And all for a pointless ceremony that does nothing but boost hotel prices in Killarney.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:45 pm

fuzzbizz wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:19 pm
The last twist of the knife from Immigration. You can't bring children either so it's inconvenient for parents. And all for a pointless ceremony that does nothing but boost hotel prices in Killarney.
How do you know that one cannot bring children (as guest/s) in the ceremony?

EmyC
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by EmyC » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:57 pm

fuzzbizz wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:19 pm
I just checked hotel prices, I'll risk travelling on that day.
No children??! Even older ones?

youngmoon
Ireland

Post by youngmoon » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:51 pm

You can bring a guest with you to the ceremony. No kids but elder ones are allowed.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:01 pm

littlerr wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:39 pm
Each ceremony takes around 2-3 hours, and there will be 2-3 ceremonies on the same day, so you don’t get to know which one you will be attending until a few weeks before the ceremony.

If you don’t have a car, consider arriving one day in advance. It takes 4 hours to drive from Dublin to Kerry so it’s never safe enough to arrive on the same day in case anything happens.
on top of that, you won't be the only one going to the ceremony, so traffic will be even worse on the day
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:19 pm

youngmoon wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:51 pm
You can bring a guest with you to the ceremony. No kids but elder ones are allowed.
Is this written in their invitation to the ceremony?

youngmoon
Ireland

Post by youngmoon » Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:09 pm

Yes.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:33 pm

No person under 18 will be expected, although they don’t really check ID’s for guests, so teenagers are usually fine.

Every applicant can bring only 1 guest, and applicants and guests sit in two areas, so there won’t be any seats available for kids as they cannot be separated from their parents.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:13 pm

littlerr wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:33 pm
No person under 18 will be expected, although they don’t really check ID’s for guests, so teenagers are usually fine.

Every applicant can bring only 1 guest, and applicants and guests sit in two areas, so there won’t be any seats available for kids as they cannot be separated from their parents.
Maybe things changed lately? The video below is from the latest ceremony in June 2022, and there are children present in the ceremony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXRoP9FNJDI

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:02 am

Nala2021 wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:13 pm
littlerr wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:33 pm

Maybe things changed lately? The video below is from the latest ceremony in June 2022, and there are children present in the ceremony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXRoP9FNJDI
No. It has not changed.

With them having up to 2000 approved citizens and 2000 guests in the venue, it’s virtually impossible to guarantee that there were always going to be a few people that bring kids.

As I said, teenagers are fine - they can look after themselves and they usually know how to behave. It’s more of those smaller kids that would cause disturbance and because of the limitation of guests you can’t get anyone to look after them.

I remember for my ceremony there was one infant that was constantly screaming and two or three other kids that were chatting throughout the ceremony. INIS didn’t turn them away but I’m sure nobody really enjoyed their company.

Anyway, if you decide to take a child there, it’s highly unlikely that INIS would turn you away, but they probably won’t be welcomed by other people.

Moh25ah
Ireland

Post by Moh25ah » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:07 am

To organise time off work and set up travel or hotel booking, people definitely need more than 2 -3 Weeks.

Killarney is not a short journey for most and it is December so Stormy windy and rainy weather and No one wants to miss that ceremony.

I think you can email INIS and ask them about the invite and what time is yours because you need to arrange all the above.

or someone else had another idea to solve your problem

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:00 am

So they make a rule but only the chumps who care about rules get stuck dealing with finding childcare because rules don't matter. How Irish of them.

EmyC
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by EmyC » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:49 pm

Moh25ah wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:07 am
To organise time off work and set up travel or hotel booking, people definitely need more than 2 -3 Weeks.

Killarney is not a short journey for most and it is December so Stormy windy and rainy weather and No one wants to miss that ceremony.

I think you can email INIS and ask them about the invite and what time is yours because you need to arrange all the above.

Hi,
Yes. It will be very hard to get to Killarney on those dates. I am afraid if I send email to ask, they could do somrthing with my invitatio .
I send emails before and they never apply in almost 2 years, why would they start now.

I do not understand why hvaing ceremony in Dublin would not be better, at least all buses and trains and motorways go there ..

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:06 pm

EmyC wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:49 pm
Moh25ah wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:07 am

Hi,
Yes. It will be very hard to get to Killarney on those dates. I am afraid if I send email to ask, they could do somrthing with my invitatio .
I send emails before and they never apply in almost 2 years, why would they start now.

I do not understand why hvaing ceremony in Dublin would not be better, at least all buses and trains and motorways go there ..
I don't want to be that person but what do you expect us to do with this situation? If you can't attend to ceremony, then you won't get your citizenship. Complaining on some unofficial message board won't change your attendance requirement either. And they won't change ceremony location bcs attendance to Kilkenny is problematic.

Only thing you can do is send them an email, either they response or not, it's up to them. In the end, either you attend to ceremony and get your citizenship or you don't attend and it will be postponed.

Just send them an email, cross your fingers and try to get more info about your ceremony date and time. This part is just my 2 cents, I think at this point it's too early to be known which date/time you will attend to the ceremony.

EmyC
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by EmyC » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:24 pm

I did not ask you to do anything. But if someone went already they know what it is like on those dates. Is it busy, best way to get there, how long ceremony is.

If I have to take two days off work, my manager will not be happy, it makes mess for the team schedule. I have a child in school and am single mother.

So no I am not complaining. I am planning. Waiting two years to be late for ceremony I cant afford.

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:04 pm

EmyC wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:24 pm
I did not ask you to do anything. But if someone went already they know what it is like on those dates. Is it busy, best way to get there, how long ceremony is.

If I have to take two days off work, my manager will not be happy, it makes mess for the team schedule. I have a child in school and am single mother.

So no I am not complaining. I am planning. Waiting two years to be late for ceremony I cant afford.
Maybe a long shot but perhaps you could carpool with someone else going there? Are you in Dublin? Maybe someone else getting naturalised that day lives near you. Or ask on reddit.com/r/ireland or similar

tommacg
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by tommacg » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:25 am

EmyC wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:50 pm
Thank you.
I'll see what the invitation says. Killarney is beautiful but this is a nightmare for 1 day journey.
The train from Dublin to Killarney actually seems pretty good, so that's an option that doesn't need much planning in advance.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:05 am

tommacg wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:25 am
EmyC wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:50 pm
Thank you.
The train from Dublin to Killarney actually seems pretty good, so that's an option that doesn't need much planning in advance.
But it would be jam-packed in the next few days I suppose
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Aman700
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aman700 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:30 pm

Have you guys received invitation letter? When was it received, just checking as I havent received it yet.

vzlanfrog
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by vzlanfrog » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:37 pm

On the facebook groups, someone asked when they will sending the invitation letters. They stated they would start sending them next week, so I guess you will have yours in the next 10 days or so. It's very late to be invited to a ceremony and plan time off and childcare, but that's the way it is... Soon enough you will be a citizen and you can complain to your TD about it!