ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Defacto application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alyssiaivelja
Newly Registered
Australia

Defacto application

Post by Alyssiaivelja » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:41 pm

Hi guys,

Happy holidays and new year. I am about to send off my application for defacto to my Irish partner. I will require temporary permission to remain in the state while it is being processed. Does anyone know how long it takes for this permission to be granted? And am I covered while this permission is pending?

Thanks
Alyssa

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Defacto application

Post by littlerr » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:53 pm

It is said to take 6-12 months. In my case, it took just a bit less than 12 months.
Applicants must have valid permissions at all times. INIS will not give applicants any temporary permission during this period.

annh
Newly Registered

Post by annh » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:08 pm

Alyssiaivelja wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:41 pm
Hi guys,

Happy holidays and new year. I am about to send off my application for defacto to my Irish partner. I will require temporary permission to remain in the state while it is being processed. Does anyone know how long it takes for this permission to be granted? And am I covered while this permission is pending?

Thanks
Alyssa
Hi Alyssa

Do you currently have permission to reside here/valid visa? As they won’t provide this if you are not legitimately residing in the country. They won’t accept the application.

However, if you are living here with a valid visa then they will send a letter to you to acknowledge the application and if approved for consideration they will provide a date you can expect a decision by. They will provide temporarily permission for 6 months if necessary while your application is being processed.

Hope this helps

Ann

Alyssiaivelja
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Alyssiaivelja » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:58 pm

Hi Ann
Thanks for your reply. I am currently residing in the state on a working visa which which expires at the end of the month. So my visa is valid at the time of submission. Thingers crossed. Happy new year

Alyssiaivelja
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Alyssiaivelja » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:09 pm

I sent the application in the other day. And received an email stating that normal functions resume on the 6th.

Regards
Alyssia

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:10 pm

Unless the application process has changed within last year (when my fiancée was approved for her de-facto application), the applicant will NOT receive any permission during the application process.

annh
Newly Registered

Post by annh » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:56 pm

Hi

Happy New Year! Obviously each individual case is considered on its own merit so it’s hard to provide a blanket answer.

We are in the same position as yourselves as my partner’s was due to expire at the end of December. We received a letter less than a week after we applied to say that the application was being considered and that we needed to make an appointment at Burgh Quay to obtain a temporary stamp 4 (6 months) while the application was being processed.

If you are living in the state you absolutely have to be living here legally at the time of the application but it is standard to receive an extension to cover the process I am told and also from our experience. The student and tourist visas are only for 8 and 6 months to begin with.

It is very likely you will be living here for a couple of months with only the letter of permission as it can take at least a month for an appointment to get the temporary stamp. But this is completely fine as long as you keep the letter to hand.

Hope this helps

Ann