ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, Zimba, Administrator

Locked
faraan2
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:21 am

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by faraan2 » Sat May 05, 2018 3:10 am

nad2107 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:01 am
You are lucky you even got a reply. We have sent numerous emails and solicitor written two letters and no reply at all.

I am so frustrated have no idea what to do. Its heartbreaking to see that people who applied in January this year have already had approval and yet again people like us have been waiting since april last year.

I feel they are more reluctant to issue naturalisation to people of certain countries, it really is frustrating.

Have no idea what else we can do to speed up process. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to let us know.

Thanks
When did you apply for Citizenship?
I applied in Nov 2016 on behalf of Eu Stamp 4.

Taki
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 8:04 am
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Taki » Sat May 05, 2018 8:29 am

I applied in Dec.16 based on 5 yrs residency through a solicitor, but no progress yet, few weeks ago i approched INIS through TD they replied "your application have been prepared to submit to the Minister and will be sumitted to the Minister in coming weeks, any idea what it means, can i expect approvel before next cermony any time at the end of this year or no hope?

faraan2
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:21 am

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by faraan2 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:12 am

Taki wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 8:29 am
I applied in Dec.16 based on 5 yrs residency through a solicitor, but no progress yet, few weeks ago i approched INIS through TD they replied "your application have been prepared to submit to the Minister and will be sumitted to the Minister in coming weeks, any idea what it means, can i expect approvel before next cermony any time at the end of this year or no hope?
I wish you good luck and let's hope for the best.

jollymolly1
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:18 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by jollymolly1 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:29 am

Hi all i applied in May 2016 on the base of been married to Irish national since June 2011. recently i received a letter from Team 4 stating that if i can submit Police Criminal Refrence Check from PSNI so they can submit my file to minister. But i had already given them that when i applied in 2016. Shall i send another one or dont.

Syjem
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Syjem » Tue May 08, 2018 9:31 am

Hi Folks,
Just rang them now and I have been told that it is final stage and should here from them maximum end of this month. I told them that I have been told the same 6 weeks ago, the lady assured me that the application is at final stage I should hear from them very shortly and if not to call them again.
Don't know what to say, based on their promise 8 weeks I have cancelled my trip to another country hoping that I will get my decision and if approved I will attend the ceremony this month.
I have emailed them a week ago and no response to date.

Rosay36
Junior Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:04 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Rosay36 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:57 am

jollymolly1 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:29 am
Hi all i applied in May 2016 on the base of been married to Irish national since June 2011. recently i received a letter from Team 4 stating that if i can submit Police Criminal Refrence Check from PSNI so they can submit my file to minister. But i had already given them that when i applied in 2016. Shall i send another one or dont.
If that is what’s holding your decision, you shouldn’t hesitate in sending one off to them so they can submit your file to the minister.

Rosay36
Junior Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:04 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Rosay36 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:58 am

Syjem wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:31 am
Hi Folks,
Just rang them now and I have been told that it is final stage and should here from them maximum end of this month. I told them that I have been told the same 6 weeks ago, the lady assured me that the application is at final stage I should hear from them very shortly and if not to call them again.
Don't know what to say, based on their promise 8 weeks I have cancelled my trip to another country hoping that I will get my decision and if approved I will attend the ceremony this month.
I have emailed them a week ago and no response to date.
I was told the same mid April, just last week I received my approval. I reckon your decision is on its way.

Syjem
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Syjem » Tue May 08, 2018 8:13 pm

Rosay36 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:58 am
Syjem wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:31 am
Hi Folks,
Just rang them now and I have been told that it is final stage and should here from them maximum end of this month. I told them that I have been told the same 6 weeks ago, the lady assured me that the application is at final stage I should hear from them very shortly and if not to call them again.
Don't know what to say, based on their promise 8 weeks I have cancelled my trip to another country hoping that I will get my decision and if approved I will attend the ceremony this month.
I have emailed them a week ago and no response to date.
I was told the same mid April, just last week I received my approval. I reckon your decision is on its way.
Congrats on your approval.
I don't really believe what they say because they have said the same thing to me many times in the last three months but till now no decision received.

Cz2015
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:20 pm
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Cz2015 » Wed May 09, 2018 7:09 am

Syjem wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:31 am
Hi Folks,
Just rang them now and I have been told that it is final stage and should here from them maximum end of this month. I told them that I have been told the same 6 weeks ago, the lady assured me that the application is at final stage I should hear from them very shortly and if not to call them again.
Don't know what to say, based on their promise 8 weeks I have cancelled my trip to another country hoping that I will get my decision and if approved I will attend the ceremony this month.
I have emailed them a week ago and no response to date.
I got the same response from them when I called yesterday hopefully good news is on it’s way
The lady on The phone said to me thy have a date for the next ceremony so once this ceremony passs they’ll start rolling out approval again.

Syjem
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Syjem » Wed May 09, 2018 7:59 am

Cz2015 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:09 am
I got the same response from them when I called yesterday hopefully good news is on it’s way
The lady on The phone said to me thy have a date for the next ceremony so once this ceremony passs they’ll start rolling out approval again.
They have already rolled some approvals last week which I think for the next ceremony. Will see how it goes for us. did she tell you about the date for the next ceremony?

Taki
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 8:04 am
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Taki » Wed May 09, 2018 12:14 pm

INIS told me your application have been prepared for submission to Minister.
Can anybody have any idea, how long they will take to finalize my application from this stage.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:44 am
Mood:
India

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Mal111 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:44 pm

Code: Select all

INIS told me your application have been prepared for submission to Minister.
 Can anybody have any idea, how long they will take to finalize my application from this stage.
I can give you a perfect answer to that note below for emphasis I have underline it too!

from 1 day that's is you might get your approval tomorrow to 15 months

Taki
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 8:04 am
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Taki » Wed May 09, 2018 3:29 pm

Thank u for reply Mal111, u mean they may can take more 15 months to get approvel from the Minister. Although they have already taken 15 months to reach this stage. What i can do to short this period.

Syjem
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Syjem » Wed May 09, 2018 3:39 pm

Taki wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 3:29 pm
Thank u for reply Mal111, u mean they may can take more 15 months to get approvel from the Minister. Although they have already taken 15 months to reach this stage. What i can do to short this period.
No one can predict how long it might take, it is completely strange system. Since last Feb I have been told that the application is in final stage but till now I didn't receive anything from them. I have been told many times via the phone that I will hear from them in few weeks and I am still waiting. So in summary they can hold on your application even if they have received all the reports and you application is prepared to be submitted to the minister.

Syjem
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Syjem » Tue May 15, 2018 9:21 am

Hi,
Any new updates from the delayed applicants?
The last updated I got that the application has been prepared for minster but still not submitted to him. I have been told that they will send something to me this month but I don't really trust what they say cuz I have been told same before but didn't get anything.
Would you mind to share with us the latest thing you got from them.

Many thanks

rockyguy
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:49 am
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by rockyguy » Wed May 16, 2018 12:36 pm

Hi Guys,

I contacted them too many times and everytime they say different things so don't believe on them. I have a suggestion to all of you guys who applied in 2016 we should take some legal action all together to push department for a decision. Like this god knows how long more we have to wait. According to current climate they don't want to approve EUFAM applicants easily and they are delaying for no reason. We also don't know when is the next ceremony and what's the guarantee to be approved in next one. So please guys that's the time to contact to some well known barrister to handle our cases.

Thanks

Mal111
Member of Standing
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:44 am
Mood:
India

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Mal111 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:58 pm

i have just created a pol to test this theory so guys please participate
thanks

rockyguy
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:49 am
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by rockyguy » Thu May 17, 2018 12:16 am

Its a good idea to see how many of us are EUFAM and from India/Pak region. But only this won't resolve our issues. We should all together lodge some complaint against INIS to higher authorities. Why they can't give us some time frame or why other applications are processed quickly? And what are the straight forward applications? Anyway we will have to hope for next ceremony now if we all are lucky enough.

iceice304
Junior Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 8:19 am
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by iceice304 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:09 am

Any idea about the next ceremony?
I applied in November 16, 1st letter after couple of weeks and 2nd letter in July 17. Since then nothing. A recent email reply from INIS...
“Your application is currently being processed and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible. While it is not possible to give an exact timeframe, this office will be in
touch as soon as a decision has been reached.”

rockyguy
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:49 am
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by rockyguy » Fri May 18, 2018 1:05 am

We all getting kinda like same replies and its all worthless. Iceice i applied since june 2016 so you can imagine my level of frustration.I am waiting til june after that i am contacting some well known barrister for sure.

Locked
cron