ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by broli » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:36 pm

I got my approval back in february with no ceremony date (only 3 of us updated the forum 1 january 2 february if i recall totally). The truth is few applicant are in the forum and no one really knows. We feel that more approval are sent out when a ceremony is upcoming.

Nobody really knows whats going on with that office . Its best not to make too much speculation around it

Good luck

Cz2015
Ireland

Post by Cz2015 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:06 am

Just after getting off the phone from Citiz was told that I should hear from them in a week to 10 days and was also told that there is going to be a small ceremony in September and than another in December.
Good luck to everyone I’d say since thy have the dates Approval will start rolling.
Any one else contact them and get a positive reply?

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:38 am

Cz2015 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:06 am
Just after getting off the phone from Citiz was told that I should hear from them in a week to 10 days and was also told that there is going to be a small ceremony in September and than another in December.
Good luck to everyone I’d say since thy have the dates Approval will start rolling.
I have contacted them on Tuesday and I have been told that the next ceremony will be in November and I should hear from them before the next ceremony. I don't trust whatever they are saying as they used to tell people very confusing things.

tempacc
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by tempacc » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:36 pm

Syjem wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:38 am
Cz2015 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:06 am
I have contacted them on Tuesday and I have been told that the next ceremony will be in November and I should hear from them before the next ceremony. I don't trust whatever they are saying as they used to tell people very confusing things.

I have also heard that the next ceremony is in November

hassaanhaque
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hassaanhaque » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:11 am

Just spoke to the helpline. They said that my application is being prepared for submission to the Minister. In all previous correspondence I was told that application is in process.

I contacted by local TD and he has queried it twice with the department. I think that had made a difference.

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:11 pm

Called office today and was told that they are awaiting information from external agency...same response for the last 5-6 months...any idea about this issue???

amwaraich

Post by amwaraich » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:03 pm

Ok guys. My wife also applied after 3 years residency based on Irish Associations last week. She got the acknowledgement letter this week and guess what. She got acknowledgement along with confirmation that her application has moved to 2nd stage after initial assessment. I got to 2nd stage after one year in August 2017, application submitted to minister in Dec 2017 and still waiting for minister's decision.

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:24 pm

The same was for my wife. She applied last year on July 12 and got second stage letter in a week’s time. Nothing has happened since then.
For Irish associations, if you have submitted all the documents, it’s straight to 2 nd letter as the application does not meet residency requirement. It is on ministers discretion. But generally I have seen Irish associations take the longest.
My wife’s update this week was that it is being prepared for submission to the minister while last month they said it was at advanced stage of processing and will hear soon.
I don’t think 2 nd stage letter or their response means anything.
Hopefully I am wrong and Gud luck for your wife’s app anyways

Krishan29
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Krishan29 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:53 am

Hi all. I got letter in 1st May 2018 for fee and picture but no invitation for 21 May. Is anyone in same stage . I applied on spouse of Irish National in 2016.
Thanks

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:44 pm

Hi guys,

Any response from department who applied in 2016? Don't know what is going on? Does anybody know what they actually do in 2nd stage and how does it takes normally? Coz my app is moved to 2nd stage only last feburary. No news about 2nd ceremony either. Any comments would be appreciated.

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:02 am

No news here. I applied in Nov 16 and got 2nd stage letter in July 17. Since then same email replies. On the phone the response is that they are awaiting information from external agency. Not sure which information they are seeking and how long will it take to complete the whole process.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:49 am

applied Aug. 2016
14 years in Ireland
never touch public fund
don't have any criminal record not even a traffic offense
full time employed taxable on higher band

yet still waiting

Stress
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Stress » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:21 pm

Hi i am waiting for decision since 2 years. few days ago they ask for my original passport kept for 2 weeks and send me back . i am so worried didn't tell anything please help me

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:26 pm

there is no answer that will satisfied your anxiety but I can tell you this they don't need your passport to delay or refuse your application so asking for your passport has a very unlikely a negative impact on your application in fact they might start working on your application further so it can be a good thing

Stress
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Stress » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:10 pm

hi thanks for reply can you tell me please i had submitted application 2 years ago but had an accident this year in January and got 2 penalties point. can they effect on my application. do i need to tell citizenship office. i got fine and points only there is no court involved

Stress
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Stress » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:23 pm

Mal111 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:26 pm
there is no answer that will satisfied your anxiety but I can tell you this they don't need your passport to delay or refuse your application so asking for your passport has a very unlikely a negative impact on your application in fact they might start working on your application further so it can be a good thing
hi thanks for reply can you tell me please i had submitted application 2 years ago but had an accident this year in January and got 2 penalties point. can they effect on my application. do i need to tell citizenship office. i got fine and points only there is no court involved

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:54 pm

if i were you i would send them a letter and tell them but its your choice there is no right course of action maybe its not a good idea and maybe it is a good idea but i also tend to be more transparent no matter what the result may be.

hassaanhaque
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hassaanhaque » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:15 am

I also received three penalty points for speeding post my application. I checked with 3 different solicitors and all of themadvised that it would not have an impact on the application. I think it is always better to notify.

I have also been waiting for the decision since September 2016 and recently was told that my application is being submitted to the minister. I sought assistance from my Local TD and I believe that has helped.

My application is based on EU-Stamp 4 (5 years of residence). Not taken any public funds ever.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:36 am

hassaanhaque

can you tell me what way you get the td to write to them
I thinking of emailing my local td and request them to help me but I don't know what to write ?? or which way is best to approach the td can you please briefly explain
also when exactly they told you that your application is submitted?
thanks

hassaanhaque
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hassaanhaque » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:42 pm

I just explained the TD my situation. The TD wrote to the department through an email enquiry (I believe that is for the TDs only). I do not exactly know what the TD wrote to the department. The TD I have been speaking to has been very good and he is extremely helpful. He is from Dublin- West.

Re application for submission to the minister, I called the helpline and was told on the phone and then I also wrote to them and got a response stating that it is being submitted to the Minister.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:52 pm

I meant what date they tell you ur application is submitted?
also did you went to meet the TD or did you email him/her

tempacc
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by tempacc » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:10 pm

hassaanhaque wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:42 pm
I just explained the TD my situation. The TD wrote to the department through an email enquiry (I believe that is for the TDs only). I do not exactly know what the TD wrote to the department. The TD I have been speaking to has been very good and he is extremely helpful. He is from Dublin- West.

Re application for submission to the minister, I called the helpline and was told on the phone and then I also wrote to them and got a response stating that it is being submitted to the Minister.

Could you please tell me, how did you find the TD and how did you contact TD? Is TD something same like a solicitor and lawyer? how do they work? can anyone make an appointment with TD and speak to them?
Thanks

hassaanhaque
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hassaanhaque » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:11 pm

They did not give me a date for the submission.

I contacted the TD via email initially and then a person from his office called me to get more detail.

TD is a member of Dáil Éireann (member of parliament). You can find the TDs of your constituency at https://www.whoismytd.com

kseni
Russia

Post by kseni » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:22 pm

my TD made an inquiry for me last Friday with response today, same wording, nothing new - we need to check that she's a good person, these checks take time, etc. sigh

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:06 am

Hello guys,

I have been contacted to my local TD last year and he contacted the department and got the same reply. I don't think it gives any push to your file. All we can do just wait . Does anybody knows when is the next ceremony going to be?? is there any 2nd ceremony in September or only last one will be end of this year?
Thanks