ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
Mal111
Member of Standing
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:44 am
Mood:
India

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Mal111 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:12 am

I contacted them on Tuesday was told application is in second stage they are waiting for reports
I applied in aug 2016 got second stage letter in feb 2017 so my application is in second stage for about 18 months

I also contacted the td they made an enquiry on my behalf and they send them the same answer application is still in processed same standard copy past reply.

Stress
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Stress » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:26 pm

Mal111 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:12 am
I contacted them on Tuesday was told application is in second stage they are waiting for reports
I applied in aug 2016 got second stage letter in feb 2017 so my application is in second stage for about 18 months

I also contacted the td they made an enquiry on my behalf and they send them the same answer application is still in processed same standard copy past reply.
Hi I am on same boat as you are. they told same thing to me.

Stress
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Stress » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:27 pm

hassaanhaque wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:11 pm
They did not give me a date for the submission.

I contacted the TD via email initially and then a person from his office called me to get more detail.

TD is a member of Dáil Éireann (member of parliament). You can find the TDs of your constituency at https://www.whoismytd.com
Have you got approval letter?

Stress
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Stress » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:05 pm

Hi please advised me about 6 weeks rule. i am bit confuse about it. i never been outside ireland for 6 years until 2018. i have submitted my application on august 2016 still awaiting for approval. now this year i need to go to my home country for some personal reason for atleast 3 months does 6 weeks rule will apply on my case???

Mal111
Member of Standing
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:44 am
Mood:
India

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Mal111 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:19 pm

well technically it shouldn't because this period is not from the years you are claiming your 5 years including one years continues residency from.
but! as things are these days they can use any excuse to delay or refused citizenship so I think best course of action is you send them an email and ask hypothetically something like following


hi I would like to know IF I travel for more then 6 weeks in 2018 would it effect my naturalisation application.

and wait for their reply first make sure you don't call send email so you will have a reply in writing from them

Syjem
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Syjem » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:58 am

Folks,
I have just talked to the citizenship office and I have been told that my application is at advanced stage of processing and it has been prepared to be submitted for the minister. The lady on the phone mentioned that I should hear from them shortly about the decision. BTW, I am getting same response since Feb this year.

nojoyfrominis
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by nojoyfrominis » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:35 am

I also have been getting the same response since feb/mar this year that it is in advanced stage of processing and ready to be submitted. I really doubt it means anything.

Stress
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Stress » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:54 am

anybody received approval letter here? any news for ceremony?

Syjem
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Syjem » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:38 am

Stress wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:54 am
anybody received approval letter here? any news for ceremony?
I have asked them on the phone yesterday and they said that there will be another ceremony before the end of this year so I think it might be November and they could start rolling some approvals next month.

Syjem
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Syjem » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:44 am

nojoyfrominis wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:35 am
I also have been getting the same response since feb/mar this year that it is in advanced stage of processing and ready to be submitted. I really doubt it means anything.
Do you know what is the meaning of advanced stage?
I think it means that the applications has been compiled and it is now decision-pending status which means either has been submitted to the minster or queued to be submitted. I am hoping that my application will reach a conclusion soon and be considered for the next ceremony.

Stress
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Stress » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:08 pm

Syjem wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:44 am
nojoyfrominis wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:35 am
I also have been getting the same response since feb/mar this year that it is in advanced stage of processing and ready to be submitted. I really doubt it means anything.
Do you know what is the meaning of advanced stage?
I think it means that the applications has been compiled and it is now decision-pending status which means either has been submitted to the minster or queued to be submitted. I am hoping that my application will reach a conclusion soon and be considered for the next ceremony.
they told me my application is nearing ending stage and i got this letter from processing team 2. do you know what does mean.

Syjem
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Syjem » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:36 pm

Stress wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:08 pm
they told me my application is nearing ending stage and i got this letter from processing team 2. do you know what does mean.
I think it means that the application is advanced stage and you should hear from them in the near future. How did you know about the stage of your application? did you receive any email or letter from them?

Stress
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Stress » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:53 pm

Syjem wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:36 pm
Stress wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:08 pm
they told me my application is nearing ending stage and i got this letter from processing team 2. do you know what does mean.
I think it means that the application is advanced stage and you should hear from them in the near future. How did you know about the stage of your application? did you receive any email or letter from them?
Hi i received letter from them. i spoke them on phone last week the lady told me its with processing team 2 and they are confirming through external agencies they cannot give anymore update then i received letter its now nearing end stage and i will hear shortly about it. i dont know why they are taking so much time application is straight forward reckoanble time is ok no delay during stamps. never been convicted . they say they take only 6 months for decision i am waiting since 2016.

Syjem
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Syjem » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:57 pm

Stress wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:53 pm
Syjem wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:36 pm
Stress wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:08 pm
they told me my application is nearing ending stage and i got this letter from processing team 2. do you know what does mean.
I think it means that the application is advanced stage and you should hear from them in the near future. How did you know about the stage of your application? did you receive any email or letter from them?
Hi i received letter from them. i spoke them on phone last week the lady told me its with processing team 2 and they are confirming through external agencies they cannot give anymore update then i received letter its now nearing end stage and i will hear shortly about it. i dont know why they are taking so much time application is straight forward reckoanble time is ok no delay during stamps. never been convicted . they say they take only 6 months for decision i am waiting since 2016.
Same happen to me as well, I have talked to them on phone yesterday and I received a letter from them today telling that my application is at an advanced stage and they will contact me in due course. I also applied in August 2016.

mufc69
Member
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by mufc69 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:57 pm

Syjem wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:38 am
Stress wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:54 am
anybody received approval letter here? any news for ceremony?
I have asked them on the phone yesterday and they said that there will be another ceremony before the end of this year so I think it might be November and they could start rolling some approvals next month.

Could you provide a telephone number for them, as when i call the number provided on the letter i can't get through to anyone!

Syjem
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Syjem » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:21 am

mufc69 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:57 pm
Syjem wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:38 am
Stress wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:54 am
anybody received approval letter here? any news for ceremony?
I have asked them on the phone yesterday and they said that there will be another ceremony before the end of this year so I think it might be November and they could start rolling some approvals next month.

Could you provide a telephone number for them, as when i call the number provided on the letter i can't get through to anyone!
I am ringing the phone number provided in this link, you will not be able to get through from the first attempt but you should keep trying and you will talk to them eventually.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/co ... itizenship

kseni
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 10:40 am
Russia

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by kseni » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:34 am

had a quick call with them just now - I almost laughed: "you will hear from us in the future" - "how far future?" I've asked :)
Anyway, he said they have a HUGE backlog.
Continuing to chill as no other option really.

Stress
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Stress » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:48 pm

hi guys

is judicial review a good idea??

Stress
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Stress » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:28 pm

hi guys received email today from Citizenship office . i am confused . please explain me if you know what does it mean.

Your application is currently being prepared for submission to the Minister
and you will be informed of the Ministers decision as expeditiously as
possible.

Team 4

kseni
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 10:40 am
Russia

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by kseni » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:26 pm

doesn't mean much tbh: "you're on the right track, all is fine, a huge queue of applicants before you, so relax and wait".
Stress wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:28 pm
hi guys received email today from Citizenship office . i am confused . please explain me if you know what does it mean.

Your application is currently being prepared for submission to the Minister
and you will be informed of the Ministers decision as expeditiously as
possible.

Team 4

Locked
cron