Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post Reply
pissedoffbyinis
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:07 am
Pakistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by pissedoffbyinis » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:26 am

They are jokers..... not to trust what ever they say... applied in mid 2017; in October 2018 they confirmed on email that they are preparing the application for submission to minister. Now upon talking to them on phone they said that its not submitted to minister and they are still waiting for response from 3rd party.
don't know on which one to believe... its almost 2 years now and no sign of conclusion.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 62054
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:29 am

pissedoffbyinis wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:26 am
They are jokers..... not to trust what ever they say... applied in mid 2017; in October 2018 they confirmed on email that they are preparing the application for submission to minister. Now upon talking to them on phone they said that its not submitted to minister and they are still waiting for response from 3rd party.
don't know on which one to believe... its almost 2 years now and no sign of conclusion.
Kindly post in the 2017 topic and NOT in the 2016 topic!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Taki
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 8:04 am
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Taki » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:26 am

Has anyone received approval recently or any other update for 2016 delayed applicatons.

Captainf
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:57 pm
Afghanistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Captainf » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:23 pm

Taki wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:26 am
Has anyone received approval recently or any other update for 2016 delayed applicatons.
Nope not yet. 2 days remaining in my deadline since I asked for copy of my file under FOI...

rockyguy
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:49 am
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by rockyguy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:41 pm

Captainf wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:23 pm
Taki wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:26 am
Has anyone received approval recently or any other update for 2016 delayed applicatons.
Nope not yet. 2 days remaining in my deadline since I asked for copy of my file under FOI...
Any update guys? I rang them on tuesday and lady said the same story "waiting for some reports" bul**t

Captainf
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:57 pm
Afghanistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Captainf » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:02 pm

Just got copy of my file. Applied on 25th November 2016 by 14th December 2016 I was cleared by Garda and INIS. Apparently straight forward application. Since then my file hasn't been touched until now. Couldn't get hold my solicitor as she is in Court all day. Will talk to her on Monday about Judicial Review.
On the phone the paddies says awaiting external agency check, while they sent a letter in January 2017 saying preparing for Submission. :oops:

Lily3
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:53 pm
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Lily3 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:20 pm

Captainf wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:02 pm
Just got copy of my file. Applied on 25th November 2016 by 14th December 2016 I was cleared by Garda and INIS. Apparently straight forward application. Since then my file hasn't been touched until now. Couldn't get hold my solicitor as she is in Court all day. Will talk to her on Monday about Judicial Review.
On the phone the paddies says awaiting external agency check, while they sent a letter in January 2017 saying preparing for Submission. :oops:
Hi. That’s really sad. Would you please let me know how did you ask for copy of your file through solicitor or on your own by sending them email? And how many days did it take?

Captainf
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:57 pm
Afghanistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Captainf » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:31 pm

Lily3 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:20 pm
Captainf wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:02 pm
Just got copy of my file. Applied on 25th November 2016 by 14th December 2016 I was cleared by Garda and INIS. Apparently straight forward application. Since then my file hasn't been touched until now. Couldn't get hold my solicitor as she is in Court all day. Will talk to her on Monday about Judicial Review.
On the phone the paddies says awaiting external agency check, while they sent a letter in January 2017 saying preparing for Submission. :oops:
Hi. That’s really sad. Would you please let me know how did you ask for copy of your file through solicitor or on your own by sending them email? And how many days did it take?
Hi Lily3... I applied through a solicitor, although you can apply for that yourself and it took them exactly one month to sent the copy of my file.

Captainf
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:57 pm
Afghanistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Captainf » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:33 pm

Captainf wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:31 pm
Lily3 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:20 pm
Captainf wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:02 pm
Just got copy of my file. Applied on 25th November 2016 by 14th December 2016 I was cleared by Garda and INIS. Apparently straight forward application. Since then my file hasn't been touched until now. Couldn't get hold my solicitor as she is in Court all day. Will talk to her on Monday about Judicial Review.
On the phone the paddies says awaiting external agency check, while they sent a letter in January 2017 saying preparing for Submission. :oops:
Hi. That’s really sad. Would you please let me know how did you ask for copy of your file through solicitor or on your own by sending them email? And how many days did it take?
Hi Lily3... I applied through a solicitor, although you can apply for that yourself and it took them exactly one month to sent the copy of my file.
http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/WP15000241

Lily3
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:53 pm
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Lily3 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:00 pm

Captainf wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:33 pm
Captainf wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:31 pm
Lily3 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:20 pm
Captainf wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:02 pm
Just got copy of my file. Applied on 25th November 2016 by 14th December 2016 I was cleared by Garda and INIS. Apparently straight forward application. Since then my file hasn't been touched until now. Couldn't get hold my solicitor as she is in Court all day. Will talk to her on Monday about Judicial Review.
On the phone the paddies says awaiting external agency check, while they sent a letter in January 2017 saying preparing for Submission. :oops:
Hi. That’s really sad. Would you please let me know how did you ask for copy of your file through solicitor or on your own by sending them email? And how many days did it take?
Hi Lily3... I applied through a solicitor, although you can apply for that yourself and it took them exactly one month to sent the copy of my file.
http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/WP15000241
Thank you very much for the info

rockyguy
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:49 am
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by rockyguy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:43 am

Lily3 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:00 pm
Captainf wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:33 pm
Captainf wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:31 pm
Lily3 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:20 pm


Hi. That’s really sad. Would you please let me know how did you ask for copy of your file through solicitor or on your own by sending them email? And how many days did it take?
Hi Lily3... I applied through a solicitor, although you can apply for that yourself and it took them exactly one month to sent the copy of my file.
http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/WP15000241
Thank you very much for the info
Hello guys..

Any update from department on 2016 applicants. I have no update neither i am expecting anything from them. My solicitor and barrister working together soon they ll update me from their work. Without legal action dont expect any approval and thats the harsh reality.

iceice304
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 8:19 am
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by iceice304 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:04 am

No update, seems like they are not doing anything in this ceremony for 2016 applications

jollymolly1
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:18 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by jollymolly1 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:22 pm

iceice304 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:04 am
No update, seems like they are not doing anything in this ceremony for 2016 applications
Hi there I applied in May 2016 on base of being married to iriah national my application was approved in 2018 November and I paid my fees in November too. Got invitation to ceremony for 29th April 2019. They r processing applications very slowly

rockyguy
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:49 am
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by rockyguy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:20 pm

You are lucky atleast you approved. I am waiting for 3 years and delay is killing me. Don't know how long this going to be. I have never got any objection from department neither they asked me any documents.

jollymolly1
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:18 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by jollymolly1 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:57 pm

rockyguy wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:20 pm
You are lucky atleast you approved. I am waiting for 3 years and delay is killing me. Don't know how long this going to be. I have never got any objection from department neither they asked me any documents.
Just keep at them write them email 3 4 times a week on top of that ring then every week Tuesday and thursday that's what I did. Think they got fed up by replying to my emails and calls and issued me one lol

iceice304
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 8:19 am
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by iceice304 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:21 pm

Received letter today (dated 12/4/19). Sent bank draft 950 and 2 photographs. Is it very late for this ceremony? Fingers crossed.
Hopefully all of 2016 batch will get it soon.

markem
Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:15 pm
Mood:
New Zealand

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by markem » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:41 pm

iceice304 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:05 pm
Applied in November ‘16. Advanced stage since October 2018, No update except copy paste email that it continues to be processed.
Need guidance re:FOI request. Do I need to send letter to them or an email will be enough. Generally what information do they give? If they only give generic information then I doubt it provides any benefit.
iceice304 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:21 pm
Received letter today (dated 12/4/19).
Great that you got approved. Any idea why it took so long? Did you end up sending the FOI request?

iceice304
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 8:19 am
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by iceice304 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:46 pm

No I didn’t send anything or any FOI, they even didn’t ask for any docs. TBH I don’t know or think of any reason why it took so long.

rockyguy
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:49 am
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by rockyguy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:59 am

iceice304 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:46 pm
No I didn’t send anything or any FOI, they even didn’t ask for any docs. TBH I don’t know or think of any reason why it took so long.
Congrats upon on your approval. You are lucky that finally your wait is over. I am still waiting for almost 3 years. Rang them yesterday and the same story waiting for garda reports. On advanced stage since October last year. This office is completely usless and bunch of idiots working in there.

iceice304
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 8:19 am
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by iceice304 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:31 am

Finally got the brown envelope with invitation to attend ceremony.
I hope the 2016 Batch will get approvals very soon. Best of luck to all

Post Reply
cron