ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

do i still need renew my visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jiayfcn
Newly Registered
China

do i still need renew my visa

Post by jiayfcn » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:57 am

Hi guys! i'm very glad to find this forum!
I applied for citizenship in May 2018. I have handed in my GNIB card and pay the money(950euro) according to their request in September 2018(I'm only waiting for the specific date of the naturalization ceremony? I guess...). However, my current visa(stamp 4) expires on 29/03/2019. so there is the question, Do i need to renew my stamp 4 visa before the ceremony ? And.....Can I renew my visa without a GNIB card? I want to know what I should do now please. Thank you guys very much!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: do i still need renew my visa

Post by littlerr » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:10 pm

You are mixing up visa with residence permit/stamp.

You do not need a visa unless you want to travel abroad and come back.

However, you do need a valid residence permit (GNIB or IRP) at all times. If it expires before the next ceremony is scheduled, you will need to renew it. Normally citizenship will remind you to do that, although you can always do it yourself.

If the ceremony is within a few months of your scheduled ceremony, you should be able to get a new stamp without the 300 Euro. If they haven’t told you that you will be on the next ceremony, you will probably have to pay 300 Euro for a new stamp.

If you need to travel abroad, after you get the new stamp on your passport you can apply for a re-entry visa as normal. There’s no need to submit the IRP card - just put a copy of approval letter with your reentry visa application and explain that you don’t have your IRP card any more.

jiayfcn
Newly Registered
China

Re: do i still need renew my visa

Post by jiayfcn » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:05 pm

thanks for reply, the problem is i don't have my gnib card now and the citizenship didn't tell me anything yet, your mean i have to get a new gnib(irp) card? thanks!