ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dublin IRP renewal, Error made in the form

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

EvS
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Dublin IRP renewal, Error made in the form

Post by EvS » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:16 pm

-Starting a Fresh post.

Hello,

Hope you all are well, I am a bit stressed about the renewal application I made online on the 30th of Sep. I chose an incorrect option while submitting the form for my stamp 4 renewal and I never got any payment link. I got the acknowledgement email from IRP for renewal price it says 'fee waived' that's when I realized I made mistake in the form. I have been trying to reach the immigration over email and haven't got any response so far. I applied almost a month ago and my employers have started to follow up on it too.

Would it be wise to redo my application again at this point? or any of you have any other thoughts?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Dublin IRP renewal, Error made in the form

Post by meself2 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:18 pm

What were you supposed to apply as?

Emails take ages for them to respond, so there's not much hope. If I were you, I'd apply for the proper renewal straight away as your application might just hang in there for a month or two; you didn't even pay the fee, so nothing to lose. Attach a cover letter explaining this to be safe.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

EvS
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by EvS » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:23 pm

I was renewing my stamp 4 (2nd time). I made error under Applicant Details tab > Immigration Permissions I happen to select the wrong option for '19 Do any of these sub-categories apply to you? '. This is why I never got a payment link.

I can see my form in 'submitted' section but I just can't edit it.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:24 pm

Yeah, apply again with proper documentation; they'll most likely just deny you after a month of waiting. Add a cover letter and, if you want to be safe, throw emails that you sent them in the same file as well, showing you tried to rectify it.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

EvS
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by EvS » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:44 pm

Okay, thank you for your response. I also will have to travel next month so thinking to book a flight ticket and then just visit the office, show them my flights and address my issues/process the visa.

EvS
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by EvS » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:53 pm

Hello,

They emailed me stating they refused my online application and have asked me to resubmit my application with the correct option (I have done this already), but my IRP expires in less than 3 weeks from now. Is this going to be a problem?

Per their note in the email - " You may re-apply for a renewal of your permission if you satisfy the requirements.
Please remember you are legally required to register your up-to-date permission to remain in the State, otherwise you will be committing an offence. "

So do I just keep waiting even after my IRP's expiry date? Any advise will be helpful?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:57 pm

EvS wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:53 pm
So do I just keep waiting even after my IRP's expiry date? Any advise will be helpful?
At this stage, yes. What more can you do?
I've heard that unless you leave the country, you're fine as is, but that's just my speculations and there's no legal/ISD document I can refer you to, except this on FAQ page:
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/registe ... istration/
16. How can I prove that I am in permission while I am awaiting delivery of my IRP card?
When you apply for online renewal, you will receive an acknowledgement email with your Registration Office (OREG) application number. This can be used as proof of having submitted a request for renewal of your immigration permission to ISD. You should also be in possession of your previous IRP card. This confirms your immigration stamp permission and the validity date of same. If your card has expired, your acknowledgement email will serve as evidence that a renewal application has been made.
But I'm sure youre not the only one who has this happen to. You applied for renewal and that shows you intend to stay here legally.

EvS
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by EvS » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:02 pm

thank you very much :) , it's turning to a nightmare at this point.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:10 pm

EvS wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:02 pm
thank you very much :) , it's turning to a nightmare at this point.
It's okay, you not need to worry! Things happen, but you've fixed your error and all you need is wait.
If you're under employment, show them your OREG email with application number and explain the situation; show them the documents, explain your situation still applies, etc.

EvS
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by EvS » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:40 pm

Thanks again! Yes, I will make a note of this, they probably will ask for an update soon.