ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-Vetting invitation and Police clearance certificate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

professor_007
India

E-Vetting invitation and Police clearance certificate

Post by professor_007 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:35 pm

Hey everyone,

Since I could not get relevant info regarding the e-vetting and police clearance certificate I thought of asking it here separately.

I just received an invitation for e-vetting from ISD. I have been also asked to provide a police clearance cert as well. I'm an Indian national and the Indian embassy website says it can take up to 30 days to get the cert. But the E-Vetting invitation letter says I need to submit the docs within 28 days otherwise the application is considered abandoned.

I was wondering if I can send the completed E-Vetting form first and send the police clearance cert later once I receive it?

Would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks!

meself2
Ireland

Re: E-Vetting invitation and Police clearance certificate

Post by meself2 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:08 pm

They may, but they might be quicker. Are there specification about days, if they're working or not? Also, were you given any special instructions about posting PCC, like do you need to post it to the same address?
I'm not an immigration adviser (as most of us on this forum), but what you could do is:
- send an email to citizenship team (citizenshipinfo@justice.ie) quoting your citizenship number in the subject and explaining the situation;
- apply for PCC and hope it arrives quick enough; explain the situation to them as well maybe? maybe they'll speed up the processing.
- wait until 20 or so days (to be safe), if no PCC - send an eVetting form with a covering letter, if you got PCC - dispatch them together.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

professor_007
India

Post by professor_007 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:41 pm

It's not clear from the letter whether they are expecting both eVetting form and the PCC together.
There is no specifics about the dates from the Embassy, it seems like they have changed the process recently so they have to get the clearance from India which may take time.

- Yes I have written to the ISD asking for clarification, hope someone would come back with an answer no just an auto-response.
- I've applied for PCC and hope it arrives soon.

urtheman
Newly Registered
India

Post by urtheman » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:57 am

Hello,

I am on the same boat as well now and received the e-vetting letter yesterday with the PCC requirement mentioned. Since you have already send emails to the team, I was wondering if you have got any response or guidance? Thanks in advance.

4dacraic
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by 4dacraic » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:30 pm

Hello all,

I was wondering if there is anything further to this matter of Police Clearance Certificate? I am anxiously awaiting the eVetting letter (registered post?). While doing so i wondered if i could/should be proactive and seek the Police Clearance Certificate from my country of origin (USA) in readiness as it will be requested by ISD? Go raibh míle maith agaibh :!:

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:49 pm

4dacraic wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:30 pm
Hello all,

I was wondering if there is anything further to this matter of Police Clearance Certificate? I am anxiously awaiting the eVetting letter (registered post?). While doing so i wondered if i could/should be proactive and seek the Police Clearance Certificate from my country of origin (USA) in readiness as it will be requested by ISD? Go raibh míle maith agaibh :!:
It's being asked from selected number of people; most folks don't get this requirement. as far as I've seen. If you wish, you can get clearance from FBI, but doubt that'll be necessary. I'd sleep on it until you get eVetting request (which will probably take a few months to arrive, so clearance may even expire by then).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

4dacraic
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by 4dacraic » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:16 am

Thank you for your time and effort in replying! Very helpful.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:33 pm

Hi,

Could I ask something re this topic please if anyone knows etc.

Does the Department send the E-vetting request after the statutory requirements for residency have been okayed?

:)

Palantir
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Palantir » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 pm

Well if it is, it looks like 2023 applications are being processed at lightning speed!! Compare the 2021, 2022 and 2023 timelines!

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:09 pm

Nala2021 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:33 pm
Hi,

Does the Department send the E-vetting request after the statutory requirements for residency have been okayed?

On some occasions they request for more documents at the same time they send eVetting form with post.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:07 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:09 pm
Nala2021 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:33 pm
Hi,

On some occasions they request for more documents at the same time they send eVetting form with post.
They can also ask for more clarification after eVetting - see post2105086.html#p2105086 or post2105910.html#p2105910

4dacraic
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by 4dacraic » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:49 am

Hello,

I received the e-vetting letter and email. In the online form my address has a typo, one letter is wrong. Do you think i could proceed with the online form? Or wait for their response to my email asking for guidance? Also, within the area discussing 'convictions' this would include all traffic tickets/violations? I am having trouble remembering the specific dates of the speeding tickets i have had through the years. Best i could remember i explained these in my letter accompanying my initial letter with citizenship application in January 2022. Any help or input on this matter is greatly appreciated, thank you.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:58 am

4dacraic wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:49 am
Hello,

I received the e-vetting letter and email. In the online form my address has a typo, one letter is wrong. Do you think i could proceed with the online form? Or wait for their response to my email asking for guidance? Also, within the area discussing 'convictions' this would include all traffic tickets/violations? I am having trouble remembering the specific dates of the speeding tickets i have had through the years. Best i could remember i explained these in my letter accompanying my initial letter with citizenship application in January 2022. Any help or input on this matter is greatly appreciated, thank you.
So did they send the email to right address, but email on form itself is wrong, or?

You can liaise with citizenshipvetting@justice.ie team.

4dacraic
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by 4dacraic » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:50 am

meself2 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:58 am
4dacraic wrote:
Hello,

So did they send the email to right address, but email on form itself is wrong, or?

Thank you for your response. Apologies for not explaining it clearly. On the online form they sent me, within the area that asks for addresses since birth, it shows my current address in Ireland which I'm unable to edit/correct. I wrote my address correctly on the e-vetting form. It appears they've made a mistake while inputting my address. I emailed them yesterday. While I'm eager to submit in hopes of moving things along to potentially receive invitation to June ceremony, seems prudent to wait for citizenshipvetting@justice.ie team, even though waiting can be a challenge, but we're all used to it in this process....

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:57 am

4dacraic wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:50 am
meself2 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:58 am
4dacraic wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your response. Apologies for not explaining it clearly. On the online form they sent me, within the area that asks for addresses since birth, it shows my current address in Ireland which I'm unable to edit/correct. I wrote my address correctly on the e-vetting form. It appears they've made a mistake while inputting my address. I emailed them yesterday. While I'm eager to submit in hopes of moving things along to potentially receive invitation to June ceremony, seems prudent to wait for citizenshipvetting@justice.ie team, even though waiting can be a challenge, but we're all used to it in this process....
Judging by the response speed on post2110302.html#p2110302 , they might not take too long to come back to you, hopefully.