ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit UK !!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sahil

EEA Family Permit UK !!

Post by Sahil » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:33 am

could someone please tell me the requirement to get EEA Family Permit for UK. i know one should be legal for apply this other than his/her home country. What i want to know is:

1. Is there any requirement that EU citizen should settled in Uk before applying this?
2. OR should EU citizen has to has the job offer for UK in order for Non-EU spouse to apply EEA family Permit?

i am legally here in Ireland till 04 July and day before yesterday i applied for EEA Family permit and i was told by a lady from embassy that either you EU spouse should already settled in UK or S/he should have job offer from UK in order for me to apply EEA Family Permit.

could some one please clarify this????

your help would be much appriciated.

Sahil

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:48 am

I believe the Info is slightly incorrect. You can even apply for a EEA family permit if your wife intends to look for a job in the UK. But I think you need to show some kind of prove that she has applied for jobs or where she will work.

But you will get a much better answer in the UK forum, I believe...

Docterror

Post by Docterror » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:09 am

i am legally here in Ireland till 04 July and day before yesterday i applied for EEA Family permit and i was told by a lady from embassy that either you EU spouse should already settled in UK or S/he should have job offer from UK in order for me to apply EEA Family Permit
The information given is not entirely true as family members of EEA nationals are also given EEA family permit even if they were applying to come to the UK for a holiday extending a couple of days!
Jabi

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:13 am

I don't think that's quite the case. As far as I know, you can travel to the UK together, the EU spouse does not have to be settled prior to the application. Likewise, I also don't think a job offer needs to be made beforehand. Jobseeking counts under the "exercising treaty rights" umbrella. I *think* you need to show proof of accommodation (hotel booking, rental agreement, letter from friends/family that you are staying with etc), and sufficient funds to support yourselves until you find employment.

stmani

Post by stmani » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:14 pm

you have to fill out a form online and send your printed application to the embassy of uk in dublin with the required documents....thats it!!