ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Applications submitted recently (help!)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Flor_mz

EU Applications submitted recently (help!)

Post by Flor_mz » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:58 am

The DoJ received my application on May, 11th. Last week (last week of May), I sent them various e-mails requesting my documents back, and I got a response from them acknowledging receipt of my e-mail.

Today (June, 5th) I received my documents back, together with:

1)Acknowledgement slip, that lists the documents I submitted, shows a reference number and is dated May 14th.

2)"Further domumentation required" letter, stating I must submit Evidence of Employment of EU citizen (which I can produce) and Evidence of legal residence in another Member State (which I don't have). Also dated May 14th.

It says it should be sent within 10 days of the date of the letter. Of course, I received it via registered post way past that deadline.

What is your advice on my case? I think I'll be sending:

1) Original letter from my husband's employers + photocopy of payslips.

2) Letter from me explaining the difference between the date on the letter and the date their letter was actually posted. Maybe I can also attach a photocopy of the envelope.

3) Letter from me explaining that the prior residence in another Member State was never presented as a requirement before. I can accompany this with copies of the e-mails that were sent back and forward with the Embassy of Ireland in Buenos Aires, where they clearly say: "these documents are the ONLY ones you'll need".

Any thoughts or ideas???

Thanks,
Florencia

Static

Post by Static » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:23 am

I think that is a very logical way of doing it. Even if things change on Friday you'll still have everything in. They never even asked us for proof of residence in another EU state... At least they are communicating more now. :)

Flor_mz

Post by Flor_mz » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:27 am

Thanks, Static!

The thing is that they still fail to ask for that requirement before you come here... :wink:

May be in three years time, they'll add that to form and they'll inform their embassies!
Florencia

Static

Post by Static » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:29 am

I know. It is absolute madness. :(

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:49 pm

Wait a second!!! When I submitted my form, all I received was the slip of paper where I had written my address on the original form. It was stamped by the DOJ the day it was received and it came in the regular post. I didn't get any additional information, such as a list of documents I submitted or my reference number. I had to call several times before I even got my reference number!!! Was I supposed to have something more? Is there supposed to be another document saying my application has been submitted and is currently pending?
Dutch husband, American wife, applied for a residence card, after 7 months got a Stamp 4 visa for two years. :)

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:52 pm

It seems to depend on a case by case basis.

We hadn't received ANYTHING (not even a confirmation) for 9 months, until we then got the refusal letter.

The new procedure might have been implemented due to the amount of complaints and phone calls they got. But who knows...
Last edited by dsab85 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Static

Post by Static » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:53 pm

BigAppleWoodenShoe wrote:Wait a second!!! When I submitted my form, all I received was the slip of paper where I had written my address on the original form. It was stamped by the DOJ the day it was received and it came in the regular post. I didn't get any additional information, such as a list of documents I submitted or my reference number. I had to call several times before I even got my reference number!!! Was I supposed to have something more? Is there supposed to be another document saying my application has been submitted and is currently pending?
BigAppleWoodenShoe... we didnt' even get any of that. We applied in September last year, only got our passports returned about a month ago and the rest of it about 2 weeks ago along with the letter of rejection. We still don't have a reference number and didn't get asked at all for any further information.

cowper
Newly Registered

Post by cowper » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:05 pm

In our personnal case we received by registered post 3 weeks after the application all the documents we have submitted and 2 letters (with the name, country and reference number, dated and signed on each): One acknowledging the document and one requesting further documentation. Application submitted in May.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:10 pm

cowper wrote:In our personnal case we received by registered post 3 weeks after the application all the documents we have submitted and 2 letters (with the name, country and reference number, dated and signed on each): One acknowledging the document and one requesting further documentation. Application submitted in May.

By further documentation you mean "proof of residence in another EU country"

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:46 pm

we didnt receive any acknowledgement, but received our passports back after 6months when we faxed the DOJ.We got the refusal letter and the photos ,but we were missing some documents we submitted for the proof of relationship (boarding passes for 10 trips we made to visit each other)