ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Citizen would like to mary a NON EU Citizen in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alex30
Newly Registered

EU Citizen would like to mary a NON EU Citizen in Ireland

Post by Alex30 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:00 pm

Hello Folks!

I am Belgian, working and living in Ireland(good salary and good situation) I have been with my girlfriend for 3 years now (she is Moldovan and I speak now Romanian) and, after all this time and these monthly visits, I would like to mary her...three years far from each other have been more than enough...(I love her so much!!! :oops: ).

The only problem is that I am not anymore in Belgium and I an can't abandomn my position here in Ireland. So if somebody knows the best way for us to mary here in Ireland and what the procedure is... I would be more than happy! And if this person lives in Cork, I would be more than happy to offer a (belgian) beer for the advices!

Thanks everybody and thanks to the webmasters!!!

robby1
BANNED

hi alex!

Post by robby1 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:27 pm

There is a simple way you can get married in here and after that all immigration formalities for your wife that take upto 6 moths, you have to send application to dep of justice dublin for that, you can have more help from me , i am living and working in cork....thanks

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:38 pm

This topic is covered pretty thoroughly in other posts. See http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ght=#61874 for example

Alex30
Newly Registered

Post by Alex30 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:37 pm

Thanks Guys!

Thank you Robby, as you told me that you live in Cork , maybe the best way is to meet each other, but I will wait for my girlfriend to be here(she arrives in january with a student visa) and we will organize something.

Thank you Scrudu, but after reading the post that you mentionned, it seems that the fiance is Irish , and I am Belgian , so EU but non national in Ireland, and secondly the guy concerned is American and my girlfriend is Moldovan so that she needs a visa to come here... I think that it is going to be very complicated... Anyway, nothing is too complicated if it is a matter of love!