ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU TREATY RIGHTS - ADULT DEPENDENT QUESTION

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

stormcrow
Newly Registered
Ireland

EU TREATY RIGHTS - ADULT DEPENDENT QUESTION

Post by stormcrow » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:08 pm

Hi Everyone

I currently have a stamp 4 Article 50 TEU (replaced the EUFAM after Brexit) that allows me to work/study/reside in Ireland. I am here as a financial adult dependent (over 23 years old) that's dependent on my father (British Citizen). My permission ends in 2026. The plan is to apply for permanent residency 6 months before my permission expires and to eventually nationalize and become a citizen. I am not eligible for a British passport.

I am currently studying and my plan is to start working once I finish. What happens to my permission once I start working? I plan on living with my father for at least another 2 years whilst I save up, but I will probably be earning €25k- €35k a year. From my understanding, my right to reside in Ireland is tied to me being dependent on my father, would I lose my right to residency and get deported if I start working? I can't handle the idea of being a burden on my father until I'm almost 30 but on the same hand I can't risk going back to my home country.

Any advice?

Obie
Ireland

Re: EU TREATY RIGHTS - ADULT DEPENDENT QUESTION

Post by Obie » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:21 pm

Under the withdrawal agreement, your right will not be affected if you cease from being a dependent.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors