ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

tugii20
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:56 pm
Ireland

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by tugii20 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:35 pm

no
my visa till august

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:26 pm
Jamaica

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by raja.brit » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:06 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:35 pm
no
my visa till august
Cheers.

The letter you have received mentions something about Regulation 12 of EU Regulation 2020 (Post Brexit), so would you mind sharing the exact wordings of the letter please as Im curious to see what the new process entails?

Thanks

Obie
Moderator
Posts: 14944
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:06 am
Location: UK/Ireland
Ireland

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by Obie » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:50 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:25 am
just received a letter from EU treaty right division,
says:as your application for a permanent residence card was received after the end of the transition period, your application is deemed to be an application for a permanent residence document made under regulation 12 of eu regulation 2020
I never heard of this regulation, I do not know where that came from.

It is probably regulations 12 of EU regulation 2015.
Judge not, and you will not be judged.

AAP1977
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:07 am
Ireland

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by AAP1977 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:35 pm

Hello all,

I got a response by email from the EU Treaty rights division that looks very familiar to Tugii20’s post, please see below.

Therefore, as your application for a permanent residence card was received
before the end of the transition period, your application is now deemed to
be an application for a permanent residence document made under Regulation
12 of the European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) (Citizens' Rights)
Regulations 2020 ("The Regulations"). As such, your application will be
assessed in accordance with the Regulations and the provisions of the
European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2015, where
applicable.

I applied last year for EU3, I asked for an update on my application earlier this year, and received the above extract.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:26 pm
Jamaica

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by raja.brit » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:07 pm

AAP1977 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:35 pm
Hello all,

I got a response by email from the EU Treaty rights division that looks very familiar to Tugii20’s post, please see below.

Therefore, as your application for a permanent residence card was received
before the end of the transition period, your application is now deemed to
be an application for a permanent residence document made under Regulation
12 of the European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) (Citizens' Rights)
Regulations 2020 ("The Regulations"). As such, your application will be
assessed in accordance with the Regulations and the provisions of the
European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2015, where
applicable.

I applied last year for EU3, I asked for an update on my application earlier this year, and received the above extract.
@Obie, hope you are well. Thanks

Brilliant, thank you kindly AAP1977, makes sense. I hope you get your decision soon. I know its been a year now since you applied.

All the best!

Obie
Moderator
Posts: 14944
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:06 am
Location: UK/Ireland
Ireland

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by Obie » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:46 pm

I follow now. The Regulations in question is this one.

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/SI_728_of ... f_2020.pdf
Judge not, and you will not be judged.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:26 pm
Jamaica

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by raja.brit » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:54 am

Obie wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:46 pm
I follow now. The Regulations in question is this one.

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/SI_728_of ... f_2020.pdf
Brilliant, thanks Obie. Following is the section for more visibility:

Issue of permanent residence document to family member who is neither Union citizen nor United Kingdom national

12. (1) Where a person is a family member of a United Kingdom national and the person is neither a Union citizen nor a United Kingdom national,
Regulation 15 of the Regulations of 2015 shall, subject to paragraph (2) and Regulation 22, apply to the person as it applies to a family member to whom that Regulation applies.

(2) For the purposes of this Regulation -

(a) a reference in Regulation 15 of the Regulations of 2015 to a permanent residence card shall be construed as a reference to a permanent residence document,

(b) a reference in Regulation 15(2) of the Regulations of 2015 to Schedule 7 to the Regulations of 2015 shall be construed as a reference to Schedule 9,

(c) a reference in Regulation 15(3) of the Regulations of 2015 to Schedule 8 to the Regulations of 2015 shall be construed as a reference to Schedule 10, and

(d) a reference in Regulation 15(9)(a) of the Regulations of 2015 to a period exceeding 2 consecutive years shall be construed as a reference to a period exceeding 5 consecutive years.

Link for S.I. No.548 of 2015: European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2015:

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2015 ... e/en/print

tugii20
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:56 pm
Ireland

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by tugii20 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:46 am

ANY UPDATES FROM EU3 APPLICATION?

Post Reply
cron