ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

tugii20
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:56 pm
Ireland

EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by tugii20 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:35 pm

Anyone has applied by email recently to eutreatyrights@justice.ie
their remote server is giving a 552 error message?
did anyone experience the same? [[/img]comment below

littlerr
Diamond Member
Posts: 1756
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:14 pm
China

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by littlerr » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:49 pm

You most likely have sent some attachments that were not allowed (malicious content, or file type not allowed, or simply your attachment size is too big).

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:26 pm
Jamaica

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by raja.brit » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:00 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:35 pm
Anyone has applied by email recently to eutreatyrights@justice.ie
their remote server is giving a 552 error message?
did anyone experience the same? [[/img]comment below
Im applying next week via email.

At what point you got this error?

What file formats you attached and what is the size of your attachments?

Please note that don't attach the documents they have not requested for as specified in the guidelines.

tugii20
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:56 pm
Ireland

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by tugii20 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:27 pm

they replied that:
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, our IT system does not allow us to
access cloud-based attachments, please download the documents and attach them to
the email as a PDF.

Due to size restrictions on emails sent to eutreatyrights@justice.ie you
may have to send the PDF attachments across multiple emails and they may
have to be compressed to comply with the restrictions.



I have tried email with attachment in PDF format they requested
I have tried to send all document in one go which was 20-25MB, also I have tried to split documents into multiple emails like 5to10MB attachment in one email
either way did not work
I have tried both yahoo mail and Gmail as well.

Maybe they recipient mail server has exceeded sizes
it gives this message: The response from the remote server was:
552 size limit exceeded

Anyone tried or successfully sent your application them to comment below

littlerr
Diamond Member
Posts: 1756
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:14 pm
China

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by littlerr » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:08 am

That seems to be excessively big for a PDF file. I just had a look at my pdf version of naturalisation application. With the PDF version of application, scan of passport, bank statements, they came together to be just 3MB.

Did you scan everything as an high quality image and then convert them to PDF?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:26 pm
Jamaica

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by raja.brit » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:32 am

tugii20 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:27 pm
they replied that:
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, our IT system does not allow us to
access cloud-based attachments, please download the documents and attach them to
the email as a PDF.

Due to size restrictions on emails sent to eutreatyrights@justice.ie you
may have to send the PDF attachments across multiple emails and they may
have to be compressed to comply with the restrictions.



I have tried email with attachment in PDF format they requested
I have tried to send all document in one go which was 20-25MB, also I have tried to split documents into multiple emails like 5to10MB attachment in one email
either way did not work
I have tried both yahoo mail and Gmail as well.

Maybe they recipient mail server has exceeded sizes
it gives this message: The response from the remote server was:
552 size limit exceeded

Anyone tried or successfully sent your application them to comment below
Scanned PDF in high quality stated by littlerr is a killer. Id say try n rescan in low quality.

Alternatively you can copy and paste the scanned pdf contents to Microsoft Word > File Menu > Reduce Fize Size > Choose minimal PPI > Save as PDF. Made sure the saved PDF content is legible n not smudged or blurred.

Let us know how it goes. I am applying in few days and I will tell you know the outcom.

Thanks for the callout though!

tugii20
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:56 pm
Ireland

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by tugii20 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:12 am

I have figured it out by myself :D
the problem was the size limit on each email sending to eutreatyrights@justice.ie
anyone of you sending mail attachments should not exceed 10MB on each email.
I reckon their mail server has a limit to receive attachments less than 10MB on each mail from recipients.
if you exceed the 10MB limit then that will give you 552 error messages.
obviously, they should have informed about this on their website but they did not, therefore making it more complication
I suggest that whoever applying below application by email
Residence card - Form EUTR1
Permitted family member assessment – Form EUTR1A
Permanent Residence Certificate – Form EUTR2
Permanent Residence Card – Form EU3
Retention of rights – Form EU5
Request for Review – Form EU4

Don't scan your document in very high quality that will take a big MB.
Good luck all

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:26 pm
Jamaica

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by raja.brit » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:13 am

tugii20 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:12 am
I have figured it out by myself :D
the problem was the size limit on each email sending to eutreatyrights@justice.ie
anyone of you sending mail attachments should not exceed 10MB on each email.
I reckon their mail server has a limit to receive attachments less than 10MB on each mail from recipients.
if you exceed the 10MB limit then that will give you 552 error messages.
obviously, they should have informed about this on their website but they did not, therefore making it more complication
I suggest that whoever applying below application by email
Residence card - Form EUTR1
Permitted family member assessment – Form EUTR1A
Permanent Residence Certificate – Form EUTR2
Permanent Residence Card – Form EU3
Retention of rights – Form EU5
Request for Review – Form EU4

Don't scan your document in very high quality that will take a big MB.
Good luck all
Great info. Appreciate that.

What version did you attach for your photo?

tugii20
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:56 pm
Ireland

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by tugii20 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:45 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:13 am
tugii20 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:12 am
I have figured it out by myself :D
the problem was the size limit on each email sending to eutreatyrights@justice.ie
anyone of you sending mail attachments should not exceed 10MB on each email.
I reckon their mail server has a limit to receive attachments less than 10MB on each mail from recipients.
if you exceed the 10MB limit then that will give you 552 error messages.
obviously, they should have informed about this on their website but they did not, therefore making it more complication
I suggest that whoever applying below application by email
Residence card - Form EUTR1
Permitted family member assessment – Form EUTR1A
Permanent Residence Certificate – Form EUTR2
Permanent Residence Card – Form EU3
Retention of rights – Form EU5
Request for Review – Form EU4

Don't scan your document in very high quality that will take a big MB.
Good luck all
Great info. Appreciate that.

What version did you attach for your photo?
JPG is fine for photo

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:26 pm
Jamaica

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by raja.brit » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:29 am

tugii20 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:45 pm
raja.brit wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:13 am
tugii20 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:12 am
I have figured it out by myself :D
the problem was the size limit on each email sending to eutreatyrights@justice.ie
anyone of you sending mail attachments should not exceed 10MB on each email.
I reckon their mail server has a limit to receive attachments less than 10MB on each mail from recipients.
if you exceed the 10MB limit then that will give you 552 error messages.
obviously, they should have informed about this on their website but they did not, therefore making it more complication
I suggest that whoever applying below application by email
Residence card - Form EUTR1
Permitted family member assessment – Form EUTR1A
Permanent Residence Certificate – Form EUTR2
Permanent Residence Card – Form EU3
Retention of rights – Form EU5
Request for Review – Form EU4

Don't scan your document in very high quality that will take a big MB.
Good luck all
Great info. Appreciate that.

What version did you attach for your photo?
JPG is fine for photo
Thanks I will be applying in few days.

I heard some people who applied last year via email got a letter for Stamp 4 extension within a week.

Please let us know if you hear anything back. I will keep you posted too.

Good luck!

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:26 pm
Jamaica

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by raja.brit » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:40 am

tugii20 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:12 am
I have figured it out by myself :D
the problem was the size limit on each email sending to eutreatyrights@justice.ie
Hi Tugii20,

Have you received any acknowledgement email or an auto response email?

I applied of 1st Feb and no response yet.

Thanks.

tugii20
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:56 pm
Ireland

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by tugii20 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:06 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:40 am
tugii20 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:12 am
I have figured it out by myself :D
the problem was the size limit on each email sending to eutreatyrights@justice.ie
Hi Tugii20,

Have you received any acknowledgement email or an auto response email?

I applied of 1st Feb and no response yet.

Thanks.
yes i have received acknowledgment

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:26 pm
Jamaica

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by raja.brit » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:38 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:06 pm
raja.brit wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:40 am
tugii20 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:12 am
I have figured it out by myself :D
the problem was the size limit on each email sending to eutreatyrights@justice.ie
Hi Tugii20,

Have you received any acknowledgement email or an auto response email?

I applied of 1st Feb and no response yet.

Thanks.
yes i have received acknowledgment
Great. They never received my email application, so I have posted them. I have just request for an acknowledgement.

Let us know if you get any news. I have heard the EU3 application volumes are not high and they should be able to decide our applications within 6months for straightforward applications.

Fingers crossed!!

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:26 pm
Jamaica

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by raja.brit » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:01 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:06 pm
raja.brit wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:40 am
tugii20 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:12 am
I have figured it out by myself :D
the problem was the size limit on each email sending to eutreatyrights@justice.ie
Hi Tugii20,

Have you received any acknowledgement email or an auto response email?

I applied of 1st Feb and no response yet.

Thanks.
yes i have received acknowledgment
Sorry meant to ask. Did you get a temporary Stamp 4 extension in the acknowledgement?

water_tank1
Junior Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:54 am
Ireland

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by water_tank1 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:26 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:38 pm
tugii20 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:06 pm
raja.brit wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:40 am
tugii20 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:12 am
I have figured it out by myself :D
the problem was the size limit on each email sending to eutreatyrights@justice.ie
Hi Tugii20,

Have you received any acknowledgement email or an auto response email?

I applied of 1st Feb and no response yet.

Thanks.
yes i have received acknowledgment
Great. They never received my email application, so I have posted them. I have just request for an acknowledgement.

Let us know if you get any news. I have heard the EU3 application volumes are not high and they should be able to decide our applications within 6months for straightforward applications.

Fingers crossed!!
Hi Raja,

Do you have a source regarding EU3 application volumes are not high? I'm thinking to apply myself a year early as my stamp expires next year and also anticipating a lengthy delay in processing due to Covid.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:26 pm
Jamaica

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by raja.brit » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:52 pm

water_tank1 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:26 pm
raja.brit wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:38 pm
tugii20 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:06 pm
raja.brit wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:40 am


Hi Tugii20,

Have you received any acknowledgement email or an auto response email?

I applied of 1st Feb and no response yet.

Thanks.
yes i have received acknowledgment
Great. They never received my email application, so I have posted them. I have just request for an acknowledgement.

Let us know if you get any news. I have heard the EU3 application volumes are not high and they should be able to decide our applications within 6months for straightforward applications.

Fingers crossed!!
Hi Raja,

Do you have a source regarding EU3 application volumes are not high? I'm thinking to apply myself a year early as my stamp expires next year and also anticipating a lengthy delay in processing due to Covid.
Not officially but through word of mouth. I wouldn't apply a year early unless you have been here 5years since the 1st Stamp 4 letter was issued. Guidelines does state one can apply based on 5years continues residence. I applied close to 7 months for my dependent as 1st Stamp 4 letter was issued mid Feb 2016.

A friend of mine got PR in 3 months last year during Covid.

I will keep you posted when i hear anything on the application.

tugii20
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:56 pm
Ireland

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by tugii20 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:17 pm

I have received an email an update on my EU3 application,
it says they confirm that they have received an application dated 18/2/21

in addition, please also submit your EU3 application form with supporting documents to the EU treaty right division Dublin
I can confirm when we receive these documents will be marked as the date received via email.

why are they doing this?
what is the point of email submission first hand and now they asking to submit by post? :roll:
if you have received the same reply or it is only me?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:26 pm
Jamaica

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by raja.brit » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:19 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:17 pm
I have received an email an update on my EU3 application,
it says they confirm that they have received an application dated 18/2/21

in addition, please also submit your EU3 application form with supporting documents to the EU treaty right division Dublin
I can confirm when we receive these documents will be marked as the date received via email.

why are they doing this?
what is the point of email submission first hand and now they asking to submit by post? :roll:
if you have received the same reply or it is only me?
I thought you sent you email application last month?

Well, I submitted the email application beginning of February and they never received it. I posted my application few days later n after chasing them, I finally received email acknowledgement with reference number. No postal acknowledgement yet.

I suggest you post your application asap. The website does mention that applicants have to mail the application by post. I know the INIS website doesn't stipulate when but they have been accepting postal application all along.

I hope it helps.

qaz12315
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu May 21, 2020 6:28 pm
India

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by qaz12315 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:57 am

Hello tugii20,
How long did it take for them to send email of acknowledgement for email application?
I applied Sunday evening(21st Feb), but I didn't receive anything.

Do you suggest that I wait or send a follow up email soon?

Thanks

qaz12315
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu May 21, 2020 6:28 pm
India

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by qaz12315 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:37 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:17 pm
I have received an email an update on my EU3 application,
it says they confirm that they have received an application dated 18/2/21

in addition, please also submit your EU3 application form with supporting documents to the EU treaty right division Dublin
I can confirm when we receive these documents will be marked as the date received via email.

why are they doing this?
what is the point of email submission first hand and now they asking to submit by post? :roll:
if you have received the same reply or it is only me?
Hello tugii20,
How long did it take for them to send email of acknowledgement for email application?
I applied Sunday evening(21st Feb), but I didn't receive anything.

Do you suggest that I wait or send a follow up email soon?

Thanks

tugii20
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:56 pm
Ireland

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by tugii20 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:44 pm

qaz12315 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:37 pm
tugii20 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:17 pm
I have received an email an update on my EU3 application,
it says they confirm that they have received an application dated 18/2/21

in addition, please also submit your EU3 application form with supporting documents to the EU treaty right division Dublin
I can confirm when we receive these documents will be marked as the date received via email.

why are they doing this?
what is the point of email submission first hand and now they asking to submit by post? :roll:
if you have received the same reply or it is only me?
Hello tugii20,
How long did it take for them to send email of acknowledgement for email application?
I applied Sunday evening(21st Feb), but I didn't receive anything.

Do you suggest that I wait or send a follow up email soon?

Thanks
I got an acknowledgment email after 4 days
I suggest you send follow up email

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:26 pm
Jamaica

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by raja.brit » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:37 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:44 pm
qaz12315 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:37 pm
tugii20 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:17 pm
I have received an email an update on my EU3 application,
it says they confirm that they have received an application dated 18/2/21

in addition, please also submit your EU3 application form with supporting documents to the EU treaty right division Dublin
I can confirm when we receive these documents will be marked as the date received via email.

why are they doing this?
what is the point of email submission first hand and now they asking to submit by post? :roll:
if you have received the same reply or it is only me?
Hello tugii20,
How long did it take for them to send email of acknowledgement for email application?
I applied Sunday evening(21st Feb), but I didn't receive anything.

Do you suggest that I wait or send a follow up email soon?

Thanks
I got an acknowledgment email after 4 days
I suggest you send follow up email
Tugii, did you send in your postal application and got any acknowledgement?

tugii20
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:56 pm
Ireland

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by tugii20 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:00 pm

I have not sent it yet by post, waiting for a further update from email

tugii20
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:56 pm
Ireland

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by tugii20 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:25 am

just received a letter from EU treaty right division,
says:as your application for a permanent residence card was received after the end of the transition period, your application is deemed to be an application for a permanent residence document made under regulation 12 of eu regulation 2020

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:26 pm
Jamaica

Re: EU Treaty Rights application submission -552 error message COVID-19 Update

Post by raja.brit » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:18 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:25 am
just received a letter from EU treaty right division,
says:as your application for a permanent residence card was received after the end of the transition period, your application is deemed to be an application for a permanent residence document made under regulation 12 of eu regulation 2020
Thanks for the update. Did they grant you temporary Stamp 4 extension and also specified the decision date?

Post Reply
cron