ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 applicant refused EEA family permit by UK embassy?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

EU1 applicant refused EEA family permit by UK embassy?

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:48 am

Are you an EU1 applicant and have you also applied for an EEA family permit from the UK embassy?

(1) What is the EU citizen's nationality?
(2) When did you apply for EU1 and what the status at the time you applied for EEA family permit?
(3) How did you position your EEA family permit application (i.e. visit for a weekend or moving to the UK to live or something else)

Did you get the EEA family permit?
If you were turned down, I would be curious to know:
(4) What, as exactly as possible, did the UK embassy say? Did they write you a letter or tell you verbally? Did they inform you of your appeal options?
Last edited by Directive/2004/38/EC on Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

groebben123
Newly Registered

Post by groebben123 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:42 pm

(1) What is the EU citizen's nationality? Belgian
(2) When did you apply for EU1 and what is the status? Still pending - we appied in May 2007
(3) How did you position your EEA family permit application (i.e. visit for a weekend or moving to the UK to live or something else) We want to move to NI to live there because we are sick of the waiting time and the way we get treated here in ROI. I will hold my work here in Dublin and my wife will look for something in NI.

(4) What, as exactly as possible, did the UK embassy say? Did they write you a letter or tell you verbally? Did they inform you of your appeal options? We are still waiting for a desission from the UK embassy. We applied for the Family permit last Wednesday and we think that we could get every day an answer from them (even they say it could take up to 15 working days...). We let you know when we get new informations.

Next to it I would be happy if someone could tell his/her experiance with the EEA family permit application and the way how it works in NI with the residence/work permit.

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:34 pm

Next to it I would be happy if someone could tell his/her experiance with the EEA family permit application and the way how it works in NI with the residence/work permit.
You might want to start a new thread for this so we don't hijack Directive/2004/38/EC's thread :wink: There are a few of us in NI on a family permit.