ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 application and doctor's letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jega
Newly Registered
Argentina

EU1 application and doctor's letter

Post by jega » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:08 pm

Hi everyone!
I've been reading this forum for a long time, and a want to thank you all for the information. Without it, my application would have been a complete failure.

I want to share with you what I did and my current situation.
I'm an Argentinian citizen married with an Italian citizen. We both were living in Argentina and moved to Ireland on the 01/11/2018 weeks ago.
I applied for my residency card on the 20/11/2018 through the sufficient founds route. I summit the following documents:
*Passports - Color photocopies
*Marriage certificate - Color photocopies
*Two passport photos of each of us
*A land lord letter with a bill attached.
*A letter explaining why I could register the tenancy on the tenancy board
*A payment statement from the department of social protection
*A bank statement from Argentina in the EU citizen name with the founds
*A travel assistance medical coverage (This was wrong)

I managed to get my PPS number before sending the form by saying I was going to work as a freelancer. They asked me to get there with my diploma an a TR1. We did that for me and my wife.
With the PPSN we were able to get online the payment statement from the department of social protection, which by the way can be use as a proof to open a bank account in the bank of ireland (For EU citizens).

I put all documents into a folder in order and then label each of them. So that way it would be easy for the person reviewing it to see that it was all there.

Today (29/11/2018) I got two letters from INIS, one granting me a temporary stamp form until the 19/05/2019 and the other one asking for more information.
The additional information they asked was:
a) Comprehensive health insurance (Travel assistance coverage is not sufficient).
b) A bank statement showing full name and address for applicant and EU citizen or letter form your doctor confirming you are a patient and quoting your address.

Point a) was easy to solve, but point b) looks challenging. I tried to open a bank account in my name buy they told me that because I have to leave the country in march (that is the date in my passport) they wouldn't open it. I going to try again tomorrow.
I was wondering if any of you know anything about the second alternative (doctor's letter). Can I go to hospital a get it? Is there a procedure for it?

Thank you very much for your time

Kindest Regards

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Re: EU1 application and doctor's letter

Post by Iggy4 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:52 am

Try to register at any doctor, its free of charge so you dont nee to worry, of course near where you live.

jega
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by jega » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:59 am

Well, finally I was able to get the bank statements. So i think for the time I'm okey. Thanks very much for your response.

To anyone that is struggling to open a bank account, I think that the best way is to get a PPSN saying you want to work as self employed and then with your PPSN create an account in revenue. Revenue will send you a letter with a temporary password. Using that letter you can open an account in AIB Bank regardless of your nationality an visa status. The rest of the banks rejected my applications.

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:03 am

Hi and thanks for the information.

Can I ask what is A letter explaining why I could register the tenancy on the tenancy board?

Thanks