ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU3 application for Non EU spouse of UK citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mrworld9

EU3 application for Non EU spouse of UK citizen

Post by mrworld9 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:36 pm

Hi guys,

I need a bit of help on clarifying my situation if someone could help please.

My wife and daughter are on EUFAM 4 which is due to expire on July 11, 2021. I applied for their EU Replacement cards a couple of months ago and they now have the new EU Residence Card based of the Withdrawal Agreement.

Though I have also sent their EU3 application to the immigration department early this month (about 5 months to expiration of the stay), I'm not sure if they need to fulfil the 1825/1826 days residency condition to get approval for EU3 Stamp. I'm also thinking of applying for naturalisation for them in the next few weeks but when I calculate their reckonable residence using the Residency calculator, I'm getting less than 1825/1826 days.

In a nutshell, would their EU3 application be affected in any way because of this? Is there any other way to extend/renew their EUFAM 4 stamp? Can I go ahead and apply for naturalisation for them anyways?

I'd appreciate your thoughts and advice please. Thank you.
Life is a journey.........

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: EU3 application for Non EU spouse of UK citizen

Post by littlerr » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:51 pm

You need to have a full 5-years of residence before you can apply for either EU3 or citizenship, although in reality EU3 is more lenient.

Usually for a straightforward application, a person would have got a temporary 6-12 months Stamp 4 first, before getting a 5-year Stamp 4EUFAM. Therefore, by the time they apply for EU3, which is 6 months before their Stamp 4EUFAM expires, they would already have 5 years of residency.

Due to COVID-19 their processing speed is really slow, so there's no harm sending EU3 application in a bit earlier. How many days would you have by the time you send in the EU3 application?

For citizenship applications, it is very strict. The applicant must have full 5 years of reckonable residences before their witness can sign the application form.

Applying for EU3 and citizenship are two completely different matters and they won't impact each other.

mrworld9

Post by mrworld9 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:54 pm

Thanks a million for the reply. Much appreciated.

Here are the details....my wife and daughter joined me in Ireland on September 01, 2015 and we sent in the EUFAM application the very next day. The first stamp on my wife's passport was dated 7th December 2015 with permission to remain in Ireland until 17th April, 2016. My daughter's passport was not stamped at that point as I believe she was covered by her mom's stamp.

After approval, the 2nd stamp was dated 25th July, 2016 for both my wife and daughter which will be expiring on July 11, 2021. To answer your question, I submitted their EU3 applications on March 10, 2021- about 4 months (124 days to be precise) to the expiration of their EUFAM stamp. I would have been cool with extending the EUFAM permit (Now IRP) but I couldn't find any information about extension and I thought I should just apply for EU3 before it was too late. If anyone has any information on extension of EUFAM permit, please share.

As for citizenship, I think I'd wait until I'm certain they have meet the conditions for reckonable residence before applying. I'm just hoping that their EU3 application is approved before the current stamp expires.

Once again, thanks for the reply @littlerr.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:23 pm

mrworld9 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:54 pm
Thanks a million for the reply. Much appreciated.

Here are the details....my wife and daughter joined me in Ireland on September 01, 2015 and we sent in the EUFAM application the very next day. The first stamp on my wife's passport was dated 7th December 2015 with permission to remain in Ireland until 17th April, 2016. My daughter's passport was not stamped at that point as I believe she was covered by her mom's stamp.

After approval, the 2nd stamp was dated 25th July, 2016 for both my wife and daughter which will be expiring on July 11, 2021. To answer your question, I submitted their EU3 applications on March 10, 2021- about 4 months (124 days to be precise) to the expiration of their EUFAM stamp. I would have been cool with extending the EUFAM permit (Now IRP) but I couldn't find any information about extension and I thought I should just apply for EU3 before it was too late. If anyone has any information on extension of EUFAM permit, please share.

As for citizenship, I think I'd wait until I'm certain they have meet the conditions for reckonable residence before applying. I'm just hoping that their EU3 application is approved before the current stamp expires.

Once again, thanks for the reply @littlerr.
Though we all hope we get our EU3 sooner, it is highly unlikely that you will get your approval before July as I know people who applied last year are still waiting the approval.

You may want to post your time line here:

ireland/eu3-timeline-for-non-eu-family- ... 14921.html

As you have already applied for EU3, the only way you are likely to get an extension is if or when INIS sends you Stamp 4 extension.

But luckily all the permissions have been extended till September 20, 2021. It covers EUFAM too (I have exchanged our EUFAM for a Stamp 4 TEU card as Stamp 4 EUFAM is longer valid after Brexit coz we are British sponsors. So it covers Stamp4 TEU too)

Read the following topic in the link:

Notice 2 | Minister announces further temporary extension of immigration permissions
26 March 2021

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Home

Please note that expiry of the Stamp doesn't matter when your application is reviewed by INIS as your are legally allowed to remain in the country during this time.

Hope it helps!

mrworld9

Post by mrworld9 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:56 am

It sure helps. Thanks and God bless.