ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FBR 2 part question about notary and witness

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bluegill
United States of America

FBR 2 part question about notary and witness

Post by Bluegill » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:16 am

Ok so I think this is my last few questions. Thank you all who have helped so far!

1) The notary just has to notarized a copy of my and my father’s passport photo page correct? So I’ll just make a copy of them in front of notary, then they will notarized them?

2) My witness is a friend who is also a lawyer. What does he need to put on the back of the photos exactly?

Any other tips would be great.

Bonus question. 3) for my proof of residency, I used an electric bill and bank statement. Will these suffice? They both have my name and current address.

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Re: FBR 2 part question about notary and witness

Post by PasadenaTom » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:47 am

Bluegill wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:16 am
Ok so I think this is my last few questions. Thank you all who have helped so far!

1) The notary just has to notarized a copy of my and my father’s passport photo page correct? So I’ll just make a copy of them in front of notary, then they will notarized them?

2) My witness is a friend who is also a lawyer. What does he need to put on the back of the photos exactly?

Any other tips would be great.

Bonus question. 3) for my proof of residency, I used an electric bill and bank statement. Will these suffice? They both have my name and current address.
1) I think the purpose of a notarized copy is to prove to DFA that there is a real government-issued passport, without having to send the document itself. It probably doesn't matter if you make a copy in the presence of the notary or in advance. But they will need to see the original so that they can confirm that the copy is not a forgery or altered in any way.

2) The witness must sign and date the photographs.

3) Those should be fine. I used a cable TV bill and a bill for my car's lease payment.