ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FBR Documents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RossM88
Newly Registered

FBR Documents

Post by RossM88 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:31 pm

Hello, total newbie here and I've tried searching but have struggled to find the answer.

I'm looking to register onto the FBR through my grandmother who was born in Ireland in 1930's

She passed away a few years ago and my family aren't that 'close' so to speak so although I believe my aunt would have these documents, I'm unsure if she would (and quite understandably as it was her mother) want to hand out these documents in case they get lost.

Is there;

A) a way to get certified copies of these documents if I got all the relevant details and;
B) Would these be accepted for registration - I'm confused by their use of the word 'original'

meself2
Ireland

Re: FBR Documents

Post by meself2 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:42 pm

RossM88 wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:31 pm
Is there;

A) a way to get certified copies of these documents if I got all the relevant details and;
B) Would these be accepted for registration - I'm confused by their use of the word 'original'
You can try to get them from authorities related to these documents, eg GRO in case of Republic of Ireland or GRONI from NI.
As far as I understand the process, if you got the certified copies from them, it counts as original.

FBR folks will give some more detail.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Burtonian
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Burtonian » Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:33 pm

I second meself2’s advice.

“Original” birth/marriage/death certificates for FBR have specific requirements. You will want to order new certificates in the form required by the FBR authorities to count as an original.

For your grandmother’s birth certificate, if it is Republic of Ireland, on gov.ie there is a downloadable application form with online/email submission and payment instructions. Marriage and death records are available as well. Request the long form certificate, which they will mail to you and you will submit with your FBR application. This is easy if you have the details.

For any foreign records there are special requirements for acceptance by the DFA/FBR authorities. That can vary by source country and often includes the apostille form of certificate.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:17 am

RossM88 wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:31 pm
Hello, total newbie here and I've tried searching but have struggled to find the answer.

I'm looking to register onto the FBR through my grandmother who was born in Ireland in 1930's

She passed away a few years ago and my family aren't that 'close' so to speak so although I believe my aunt would have these documents, I'm unsure if she would (and quite understandably as it was her mother) want to hand out these documents in case they get lost.

Is there;

A) Yes, you can order the documents from the Irish gov. Website is:

https://www2.hse.ie/services/births-dea ... rtificate/

B) Original just means it's a certified copy from the government. Original as in not a photo copy, not as in the original certificate issues when your grandparent was born.

RossM88
Newly Registered

Post by RossM88 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:09 pm

Thanks for everyone's input - I thought that would be the case but wanted to get some clarification.

I spoke to my aunt who has the actual originals so I think it should be relatively easy to order some considering I'll have all the details.

Thanks again.