ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration - change of address

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RiverNomad
Newly Registered

Foreign Birth Registration - change of address

Post by RiverNomad » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:38 pm

Hello,
Four months ago I sent off an application for FBR. As part of the application they required a few utility bills to show proof of address in the UK. I have not yet received anything back. My problem now is that within the next month I will be selling my house and emigrating to Spain and I fear the papers will not arrive back on time. I am not sure whether to inform the embassy in London (through whom I applied) or try to get the papers signed for and sent on by the new owners of my house. My fear is I do not yet have any utility bills or other proof of residence for my new house (in my wife's name) and I am worried my papers could end up in limbo somewhere if I try to notify the embassy of my new address.

Any advice?

Thanks

Adrian

mattskilondon
Newly Registered

Re: Foreign Birth Registration - change of address

Post by mattskilondon » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:34 am

Hi Adrian
I think it would be worth contacting them, I'm sure this happens all the time that people move between the point of application and the point of receiving citizenship, even to other countries. In my experience they are very helpful with queries. Having said that they should notify you by email once it's been approved, and give you a window for return of documents (in my case 2-3 weeks) so if you can manage around that then that's also an option.
Good luck!
Matt

RiverNomad
Newly Registered

Post by RiverNomad » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:33 pm

Thanks a lot Matt. Does the FBR certificate come together with the returned documents?

Adrian

mattskilondon
Newly Registered

Post by mattskilondon » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:09 am

No worries!

I’m currently waiting for my citizenship certificate and identity docs, should be up to another couple of weeks. But yes the approval email says that everything will be posted out together, by registered mail.

Matt

RiverNomad
Newly Registered

Post by RiverNomad » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:50 pm

Thanks Matt,

If you receive any more email or text notifications about your delivery could you please let me know? (I am thinking I may be able to come back to the UK as soon as I receive such a notification myself).

Adrian

mattskilondon
Newly Registered

Post by mattskilondon » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:45 pm

Hi Adrian

I received my FBR certificate and all my original documentation in the post today! I didn't get any further updates or notifications about when I could expect the delivery, other than the initial email I had from the DFA. That email stated 2-3 weeks, but it only took 10 days. The certificate says I was put onto the register on the 18 July, the day I received the email. It was all sent registered from Dublin, and I had to sign for it.

I hope that helps in some way.

It feels great when you finally get there!

Matt