Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

156Nathan
Newly Registered

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by 156Nathan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:28 pm

Hi guys, a little update for you.

I am at Passport stage, however, I was browsing the Irish passport Twitter page and someone enquired about a Medical Doctor being a witness for the FBR. I used a medical doctor to witness my application last year and this was fine, however they have stated that a Medical Doctor is now NOT permitted to witness a FBR application.

In regards to my Passport progress, my application was put into the tracker on December 19th 2018, with an estimated issue date of Feb 1st, however, it’s still at processing stage so there must be a major backlog with those. This Friday I will be at 8 weeks waiting time.

spiderplants
Newly Registered

Post by spiderplants » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:04 pm

Aussie_MJ wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:55 am
Michael123 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:17 pm
How are you still waiting since July?!?!

Applications from 8/2 have been processed, delivered and pending in the passport system already. Im 8/21 and there was a post that an application from Sept was already processed!!

Wtf is going on here??
I applied on 04/09/18 and called last week and was told it will likely be at least another two to three months. Very frustrating as this will take me over the initial 6 month timeline provided.

You're before me but same month so that is frustrating. I'll feel better when I start to see good news from some of the August applicants - will feel things are moving then.

However, out of curiosity, I looked back at some of the posts from 2017 and a 7 month wait was pretty standard even then. It just feels like no-one has posted a timeline from start to finish for quite a while.

Michael123
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:08 am

upliam wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:52 pm
sean015 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:39 pm
Passport Update:

As of today, I am now in the tracking system and it says:

"The estimated* issue date for your Passport is: 20/03/2019."

So it seems that the 8 weeks they told me as to when I should receive it may be pretty accurate.
Sean,
When I did my passport application in the summer of 2018 the original date provided in the Passport Tracker was the Exact Date my application was approved. No Delays.
I hope you have the same experience with your passport application!
(I am on this forum because I have 2 FBR's pending for my sons. The applications were received in Dublin on August 22nd...still waiting)
Liam, are you aware that you need to be a citizen before the birth of your child for the child to be eligible?

khiggs67
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by khiggs67 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:52 am

So I've had no luck contacting GRO. Can they do searches to see if my Grandfather was registered in FBR? I have no proof to submit

mayorob
Newly Registered

Post by mayorob » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:51 am

Does anyone have any indication as to how strict they are regarding witnesses? I'm struggling a little to find somebody appropriate.

I work for a bank in the Digital department - could I ask my boss to witness my application? He's technically a manager in a bank, even if he's not a 'bank manager' of a branch. Do you think that would suffice? Or even one of the assistant managers?

Similarly, they mention a police officer as an example. I assume someone who works as a case handler in the police wouldn't suffice?

Aussie_MJ
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Aussie_MJ » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:25 am

spiderplants wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:04 pm
Aussie_MJ wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:55 am
Michael123 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:17 pm
How are you still waiting since July?!?!

Applications from 8/2 have been processed, delivered and pending in the passport system already. Im 8/21 and there was a post that an application from Sept was already processed!!

Wtf is going on here??
I applied on 04/09/18 and called last week and was told it will likely be at least another two to three months. Very frustrating as this will take me over the initial 6 month timeline provided.

You're before me but same month so that is frustrating. I'll feel better when I start to see good news from some of the August applicants - will feel things are moving then.

However, out of curiosity, I looked back at some of the posts from 2017 and a 7 month wait was pretty standard even then. It just feels like no-one has posted a timeline from start to finish for quite a while.
I am on a webchat to them now and they have told me they are processing July applications...they seem to have gone backwards as when I called them on 3rd January they were processing August. Really doesn't seem to be any logic to how they are moving through the queue.

His direct quote ''There would be a select few from start of August been processed but the majority of applications been checked at present would be July, we would also be still checking applications for each month of the year. It depends on the complexity of each application, if one person does not send in one document that would delay the process further. If we received yours in September it would be at least 6 months from then therefore it would be at least March before you get it. But as stated it could be longer.'"

Larran2019
Newly Registered

Post by Larran2019 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:27 am

Wow, there's a lot of people in the same boat!

I sent my FBR off on December 4th 2018 and I'm slightly concerned as I have had no email receipt or any kind of confirmation from them. I sent it next day recorded delivery so I can see that it was received. Should I be worried? It seems like everybody else has had an email in the next day or two.

I've tried calling the Embassy today but their phone line isn't even accepting calls, saying that due to a high volume of calls they cannot accept any calls at the moment and then it cuts off. I can't use the webchat that you get directed to from the new 'Customer Service Hub' page as I need to have a passport application number to proceed.. which I don't have :|

Thanks in advance for any help!

Larran2019
Newly Registered

Post by Larran2019 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:14 am

Larran2019 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:27 am
Wow, there's a lot of people in the same boat!

I sent my FBR off on December 4th 2018 and I'm slightly concerned as I have had no email receipt or any kind of confirmation from them. I sent it next day recorded delivery so I can see that it was received. Should I be worried? It seems like everybody else has had an email in the next day or two.

I've tried calling the Embassy today but their phone line isn't even accepting calls, saying that due to a high volume of calls they cannot accept any calls at the moment and then it cuts off. I can't use the webchat that you get directed to from the new 'Customer Service Hub' page as I need to have a passport application number to proceed.. which I don't have :|

Thanks in advance for any help!
Update: I managed to get on chat and I've just been told this: All applications submitted to our Embassy in London between August and December are now being processed in our new processing office in Balbriggan - that office are in the process of opening envelopes and sending receipt confirmation emails to applicants, you should receive a receipt confirmation e-mail in the next few weeks to confirm your application has been received and is in a queue for processing

kathleen18
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by kathleen18 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Hello All
A query about the actual form that is issued when one is put onto the foreign birth register.
I was delighted to become an Irish Citizen in May 2018 and to be sent a Certified True Copy of my entry in the Foreign Birth Register. It is printed in black ink on white paper, with a faint background of a harp and the word 'copy ' many times also as a faint background
Towards the end of 2018 I applied for an Irish passport. The passport office have sent the FB reg cert back to me as they say that I've photocopied it and that it should have been issued on coloured paper. I have certainly not photocopied this cert. I would be interested to hear from anyone else on this forum who has got their Foreign Birth Registration- what does the actual document look like?
thanks
Kathleen

james_mcfc
Newly Registered

Post by james_mcfc » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:15 pm

kathleen18 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:17 pm
Hello All
A query about the actual form that is issued when one is put onto the foreign birth register.
I was delighted to become an Irish Citizen in May 2018 and to be sent a Certified True Copy of my entry in the Foreign Birth Register. It is printed in black ink on white paper, with a faint background of a harp and the word 'copy ' many times also as a faint background
Towards the end of 2018 I applied for an Irish passport. The passport office have sent the FB reg cert back to me as they say that I've photocopied it and that it should have been issued on coloured paper. I have certainly not photocopied this cert. I would be interested to hear from anyone else on this forum who has got their Foreign Birth Registration- what does the actual document look like?
thanks
Kathleen
HI, I definitely received one matching the passport office’s description - it was on blueish green paper with the harp embossed in shiny gold. I’d get in touch with the FBR office and ask them about it if I were you.

An update on my passport situation while I’m here - I sent it through the Passport Express service in Liverpool last Wednesday (6th) and the tracking has updated today to show it being received today, with an estimated issue date for the passport of 8th March (my birthday; would be a nice present! :D )

Michael123
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:33 pm

Can someone post the webchat address or link for the FBR? I found the passport webchat but my FBR application number wont work there.

Fanikhan15
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Fanikhan15 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:40 pm

Michael123 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:33 pm
Can someone post the webchat address or link for the FBR? I found the passport webchat but my FBR application number wont work there.
https://passporttracking.dfa.ie/

click on chat now image

Fanikhan15
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Fanikhan15 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:44 pm

Mak2386 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:34 pm
Fanikhan15 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:27 pm
Aizaz wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:28 am
Fanikhan15 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:14 pm

Any update for your application Bluemoon?
Hi Fani how long u been applied for ,, as bluemoon application delayed I am disappointed but any suggestion from you ? I have no idea what to do as I have applied for around year.... bluemoon must get feedback but why they just delaying only ours application very unprofessional tactics ....
Nearly 14 months they like to delay our applications ..wait n see
Guys,
I got my all documents back along with rejection letter.
IN LETTER, they have not mentioned any reason but this line " Application has been rejected because of insufficient documents" ,,
Whatever document they have asked, i have been provided in all original. Seems like the case of discrimination. I have had hired the very famous laywer from Ireland to file a case on them . As per lawyer, they dont have any reason for rejection as all documents are aligned and mark completed.
Will keep you posted guys....
Hi Mak2386 , any update ?

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Post by PasadenaTom » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:15 pm

Michael123 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:33 pm
https://www.dfa.ie/about-us/contact-us/ ... tizenship/

Koolboy
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Koolboy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:30 pm

Micheal
You don't need to put your fbr number in passport reference no. Just leave it blank and you will go through the chat window.

Michael123
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:03 pm

Thanks!

Just called, was told not to expect anything until June!!! My application was recieved in August!! Thats 10 months!!

upliam
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by upliam » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:09 pm

Michael123 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:08 am
upliam wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:52 pm
sean015 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:39 pm
Passport Update:

As of today, I am now in the tracking system and it says:

"The estimated* issue date for your Passport is: 20/03/2019."

So it seems that the 8 weeks they told me as to when I should receive it may be pretty accurate.
Sean,
When I did my passport application in the summer of 2018 the original date provided in the Passport Tracker was the Exact Date my application was approved. No Delays.
I hope you have the same experience with your passport application!
(I am on this forum because I have 2 FBR's pending for my sons. The applications were received in Dublin on August 22nd...still waiting)
Liam, are you aware that you need to be a citizen before the birth of your child for the child to be eligible?
Michael,
You are correct, but my children are applying for FBR through their Grandfather who was born in Donegal. Should be the same as most of the others on this forum. So hopefully their will not be any issues.

Liam

spiderplants
Newly Registered

Post by spiderplants » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:10 pm

Michael123 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:03 pm
Thanks!

Just called, was told not to expect anything until June!!! My application was recieved in August!! Thats 10 months!!
Hi Michael

Was that about your application in particular or a general comment about timelines for August applicants onwards in general? That's very disheartening. You're my barometer for progress. I keep logging on to see if your FBR has been approved yet :D

azth20
Newly Registered

Post by azth20 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:12 pm

Hello,
I have been reading these posts with interest and I just wanted to add my own FBR journey.
Application received: 10/07/18
Email request for 2x further pieces of documentation: 22/11/18
Email to confirm documents recived and application put forward for approval: 10/12/18
Email:
I have received your documentation, thank you for sending this to me.
Your application has been put forward for approval.
This is the final stage in the process but due to a high volume of applications it will take a number of weeks before it reaches completion.

I emailed and spoke with an online chat today to ask for an update but they said due to the high volume of applications etc. etc.

I’m at 7 months. Fingers crossed!

Michael123
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:20 pm

Anouska wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:12 pm
Hello,
I have been reading these posts with interest and I just wanted to add my own FBR journey.
Application received: 10/07/18
Email request for 2x further pieces of documentation: 22/11/18
Email to confirm documents recived and application put forward for approval: 10/12/18
Email:
I have received your documentation, thank you for sending this to me.
Your application has been put forward for approval.
This is the final stage in the process but due to a high volume of applications it will take a number of weeks before it reaches completion.

I emailed and spoke with an online chat today to ask for an update but they said due to the high volume of applications etc. etc.

I’m at 7 months. Fingers crossed!

^^^^^^ 50% of all applications are incomplete! I bet this is why the wait is so long, theh have to contact every person with a incomplete application and waste more time, so the people who read and follow the instructions have to pay for the mistakes of people who cant follow instructions.