Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Locked
Bluegill
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:02 pm
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by Bluegill » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:50 pm

My application was received January 16th. Straight forward application with no complexities. I double triple quadruple checked to make sure I included everything I needed.

2 months have already flown by because I didn’t really think much of it until this morning. From looking through these posts some of you post multiple times a day. Of course it’s going to feel like it’s taking forever. Ever heard the expression a watched kettle never boils?

I suggest the rest of you people do the same. Go about your lives and in no time you’ll be Irish!

zippy12
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:10 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by zippy12 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:36 pm

danmur wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:36 pm
Hello zippy,

Checked today and it said printing and my issue date is this Monday 11th March! I’m not too sure how much longer this process should take - did you have any luck?

Hi danmur,
I'm delighted to say that my passport arrived this morning! When my passport had reached "dispatched" status on 6/3/19, I was given an ANPOST tracking number. However, this was never recognised by the ANPOST website tracking service. As it would have been handed to Royal Mail at some point, I even tried putting the tracking number into their system, but it wasn't recognised there either.

All was revealed when the postie delivered it this morning, and I saw that it had a sticker on the mailing bag which read "No signature required" So not a very secure service!
Hopefully yours won't be too far behind.
Best wishes,
zippy

zippy12
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:10 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by zippy12 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:00 pm

zippy12 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:10 pm

Hi James,

I have some more news .... my passport arrived this morning! The tracking number I was given was not recognised on either ANPOST or Royal Mail. So my final timeline is:

Application sent via Passport Express - 21/1/19
Received by them 25/1/19
Processing 5/2/19 - 3/3/19 - estimated issue date - 15/2/19
Printing - 4/3/19
Dispatched - 6/3/19
Arrived - 11/3/19.

It arrived in a mailing bag with a sticker which reads "No signature required"
Hopefully yours will be with you soon
Best wishes,
Zippy

james_mcfc
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:32 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by james_mcfc » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:06 pm

Fantastic news Zippy! Mine was dispatched on Friday so hopefully have it either tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm having the same problem re the An Post tracking number, clearly it's a common issue.

Thanks and enjoy your passport!

brawn401
Newbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:54 am
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by brawn401 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:02 pm

Hi all. Question re FBR delivery. Does anyone know what postal service is used to deliver the package of original certificates and newly printed FBR back to you? Is it Royal Mail / an post or another courier like fedex?
Cheers!

james_mcfc
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:32 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by james_mcfc » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:02 pm

brawn401 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:02 pm
Hi all. Question re FBR delivery. Does anyone know what postal service is used to deliver the package of original certificates and newly printed FBR back to you? Is it Royal Mail / an post or another courier like fedex?
Cheers!
I received mine through Royal Mail Special Delivery; I think my FBR certificate was posted to the London Embassy then posted onto me from there, though I think I received mine before the processes changed so might not be accurate any longer.

Michael123
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:43 pm
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by Michael123 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:10 pm

Bluegill wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:50 pm
My application was received January 16th. Straight forward application with no complexities. I double triple quadruple checked to make sure I included everything I needed.

2 months have already flown by because I didn’t really think much of it until this morning. From looking through these posts some of you post multiple times a day. Of course it’s going to feel like it’s taking forever. Ever heard the expression a watched kettle never boils?

I suggest the rest of you people do the same. Go about your lives and in no time you’ll be Irish!
I have heard “a watched clock doesn’t move”.


I understand your point and I had been as such during the initial process. For me, Its not when it arrives but not knowing when it will- it what is getting to me.

tomocrowley
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:45 am

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by tomocrowley » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:48 am

Hi all, (hopefully) quick question:

I'm planning on registering on the FBR. It says that I need a 'notarised' copy of my passport, but lists a number of entities who can do it that aren't Notary Publics. Does it need to be actually notarised, or can it just be certified by a bank/post office/etc.?

Thanks all!

tomocrowley
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:45 am

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by tomocrowley » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:59 pm

tomocrowley wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:48 am
Hi all, (hopefully) quick question:

I'm planning on registering on the FBR. It says that I need a 'notarised' copy of my passport, but lists a number of entities who can do it that aren't Notary Publics. Does it need to be actually notarised, or can it just be certified by a bank/post office/etc.?

Thanks all!
Never mind. It actually said 'certified/notarised'. Answered my own question...

Mori68
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:18 pm
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by Mori68 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:25 pm

First time post

Submitted application to London embassy on November 4th. Delivery via Royal Mail confirmed 4th November.

Received this email from DFAT today:

“Your application and supporting documentation for your application for Foreign Birth Registration has now been received. Applications can take up to 6 months to process and we will be in touch with you should we require any additional documentation or clarifications.”

Does that mean six months from now, or November??

accountname
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:23 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by accountname » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:36 pm

Mori68 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:25 pm
Does that mean six months from now, or November??
Ah, I'm not the only one then!

Michael123
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:43 pm
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by Michael123 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:58 pm

Mori68 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:25 pm
First time post

Submitted application to London embassy on November 4th. Delivery via Royal Mail confirmed 4th November.

Received this email from DFAT today:

“Your application and supporting documentation for your application for Foreign Birth Registration has now been received. Applications can take up to 6 months to process and we will be in touch with you should we require any additional documentation or clarifications.”

Does that mean six months from now, or November??
From now. Basiclly take todays date, add 6 months and then you can continue to wait... Im at 7 next week.

danmur
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:59 am

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by danmur » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:01 pm

zippy12 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:36 pm
danmur wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:36 pm
Hello zippy,

Checked today and it said printing and my issue date is this Monday 11th March! I’m not too sure how much longer this process should take - did you have any luck?

Hi danmur,
I'm delighted to say that my passport arrived this morning! When my passport had reached "dispatched" status on 6/3/19, I was given an ANPOST tracking number. However, this was never recognised by the ANPOST website tracking service. As it would have been handed to Royal Mail at some point, I even tried putting the tracking number into their system, but it wasn't recognised there either.

All was revealed when the postie delivered it this morning, and I saw that it had a sticker on the mailing bag which read "No signature required" So not a very secure service!
Hopefully yours won't be too far behind.
Best wishes,
zippy
[/quote

Dispatched today 👍🏻👍🏻 Hopefully get it before Friday!!

Malahide
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:01 pm
United States of America

irregular names

Post by Malahide » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:11 pm

I'm applying for FBRs for my two children based on my mother being born in Ireland. I submitted the forms, etc., in October and got word that everything had been received.

Here's my question: how many of you had irregularities in how names were spelled? My mom was born in 1938 and her handwritten birth certificate has her last name starting with "Mac" and her middle name as "Brigi??". (The last letter is illegible - d or t?) Subsequent documentation (Irish passport/US marriage certificate) for her has "Mc" instead of "Mac" and a "d" on her middle name. I filled out forms as best I could according to the documentation.

Is this standard fare that won't throw the staff at DFA? Or should I expect to provide clarification? I don't know how I would do that...

Michael123
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:43 pm
United States of America

Re: irregular names

Post by Michael123 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:28 pm

Malahide wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:11 pm
I'm applying for FBRs for my two children based on my mother being born in Ireland. I submitted the forms, etc., in October and got word that everything had been received.

Here's my question: how many of you had irregularities in how names were spelled? My mom was born in 1938 and her handwritten birth certificate has her last name starting with "Mac" and her middle name as "Brigi??". (The last letter is illegible - d or t?) Subsequent documentation (Irish passport/US marriage certificate) for her has "Mc" instead of "Mac" and a "d" on her middle name. I filled out forms as best I could according to the documentation.

Is this standard fare that won't throw the staff at DFA? Or should I expect to provide clarification? I don't know how I would do that...
You can enter the correct middle name in the online application before sending it.

Michael123
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:43 pm
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by Michael123 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:29 pm

Has anyone received the new designed FBR certificate that was mentioned previously?

Mori68
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:18 pm
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by Mori68 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:27 pm

Michael123 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:58 pm
Mori68 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:25 pm
First time post

Submitted application to London embassy on November 4th. Delivery via Royal Mail confirmed 4th November.

Received this email from DFAT today:

“Your application and supporting documentation for your application for Foreign Birth Registration has now been received. Applications can take up to 6 months to process and we will be in touch with you should we require any additional documentation or clarifications.”

Does that mean six months from now, or November??
From now. Basiclly take todays date, add 6 months and then you can continue to wait... Im at 7 next week.
So you reckon ten months plus, from my submission date? That’s a pain.

Michael123
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:43 pm
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by Michael123 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:20 pm

Mori68 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:27 pm
[quote=Michael123 post_id=<a href="tel:1754363">1754363</a> time=<a href="tel:1552409915">1552409915</a> user_id=201133]
[quote=Mori68 post_id=<a href="tel:1754280">1754280</a> time=<a href="tel:1552400727">1552400727</a> user_id=214369]
First time post

Submitted application to London embassy on November 4th. Delivery via Royal Mail confirmed 4th November.

Received this email from DFAT today:

“Your application and supporting documentation for your application for Foreign Birth Registration has now been received. Applications can take up to 6 months to process and we will be in touch with you should we require any additional documentation or clarifications.”

Does that mean six months from now, or November??
From now. Basiclly take todays date, add 6 months and then you can continue to wait... Im at 7 next week.
[/quote]

So you reckon ten months plus, from my submission date? That’s a pain.
[/quote]

I applied in August, the time was about 4 months and DFA was quoting 6.. last inquiry, I was told Aug or Sept, thats 12-13 but I think they might be randomly picking numbers as all the times that others post are all inconsistent. I hope to have it by the time my youngest son gratuates from college, he is now 12 years old

james_mcfc
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:32 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by james_mcfc » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:41 pm

So it seems my journey is at an end as today my Irish passport arrived!

For those wondering I thought it might be useful to give my full timeline from start to finish.

17/07/2018 Application submitted online (No. ***424)
25/07/2018 Documents received by London Embassy
16/11/2018 Response received to my email to the FBR team stating application had been put forward for approval
27/11/2018 Application approved and entered into FBR
22/01/2019 FBR certificate received with returned supporting documents.
06/02/2019 Passport application submitted using the Passport Express service in Liverpool
13/02/2019 Application received in Dublin and appeared on tracker as ‘processing’
07/03/2019 Passport printed
08/03/2019 Passport posted
12/03/2019 Passport received

So overall it was a little under 8 months for me from submitting the FBR application to having the passport in hand. It was definitely sped up by using Passport Express so if anyone can get to Liverpool or Glasgow to use it, it’s highly recommended and worth the £10 extra it costs.

So that’ll be all from me, good luck to everyone waiting!

upliam
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:13 pm
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by upliam » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:04 pm

james_mcfc wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:41 pm
So it seems my journey is at an end as today my Irish passport arrived!

Overall it was a little under 8 months for me from submitting the FBR application to having the passport in hand. It was definitely sped up by using Passport Express so if anyone can get to Liverpool or Glasgow to use it, it’s highly recommended and worth the £10 extra it costs.
CONGRATULATIONS James!! Good Luck to You!!

Locked
cron