ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Emma Williams
Newly Registered
Wales

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Emma Williams » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:42 pm

Hi,

I received a phone call this morning from Dublin asking for me to confirm my address, but I have not received an email.
Has anyone else just received a phone call, or should I be on the look-out for an email also?\

Thanks!

Mandino55
Canada

Post by Mandino55 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:08 pm

Emma Williams wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:42 pm
Hi,

I received a phone call this morning from Dublin asking for me to confirm my address, but I have not received an email.
Has anyone else just received a phone call, or should I be on the look-out for an email also?\

Thanks!
I saw in past posts that some people got phone calls and others emails. Believe they try calling then send an email if you don't pick up.

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:46 pm

Emma Williams wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!
Really? In which country do you live? There must be a reason they called you, maybe because the email went to spam and they havent got a reply?

Fbrlad
Aruba

Emma Williams wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!
Really? In which country do you live? There must be a reason they called you, maybe because the email went to spam and they havent got a reply?

Fbrlad
Aruba

Whats your time by the way?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:48 pm

Fbrlad wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:46 pm
User applied in April last year if you searched their previous posts in this topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BrexitEscapee
- thin ice -

Post by BrexitEscapee » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:20 pm

brianteur wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:55 pm
...I'm assuming we're out of luck if we're unable to locate a birth certificate or baptismal record? Has anyone else been in a similar situation? We've been trying for a year now, but no dice and I don't know what to do next.
I was in a similar position, and I resolved it by (1) finding his church baptism register entry (from 1885), (2) sending this, along with all the other relevant evidence, to the parish priest who I'd already spoken with by phone and (3) when he produced a new baptism certificate, I used that to make a 'late registration of birth' with the General Register Office. Once this is done, you can then apply for a copy of his civil birth certificate.

Before you do any of the above, you'll need to contact the General Records Office and pay them (20 euros I think) to do an official search for his civil birth certificate. If they don't find it, they'll give you a certificate to say so, which you'll need to use later in your 'late registration of birth.'

So your first problem is finding his baptism register entry. I found mine by searching through the archived Parish Records at the National Library of Ireland here: https://registers.nli.ie I wasn't certain what parish he would have been baptised in, but I made an educated guess, based on where he was born, and then spent ages going through all those records until I eventually found him. Don't forget - these Catholic registers often use latinised versions of names, so for example, James will be written as Jacobus. Do some Googling to find out what your Grandfather's latinised name would be.

Your next problem would be finding a priest to make up a new baptism certificate. I would contact the Diocesan office, explain the situation and ask if they can help - e.g. by telling you if the church still exists, and who the current priest is. With the Register Entry, you should be able to convince them to write out a new certificate.

Good luck.

ExpatPat
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ExpatPat » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:20 pm

I just discovered this forum! Lots of great info here - thanks everyone for sharing! Anyone know what the holiday schedule is for the FBR team in Balbriggan? Are they processing during the week after Christmas or are they closing thru Jan 2nd? I checked the DFA site but didn't see any holiday schedule.

bobrayner
Newly Registered

Post by bobrayner » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:41 am

saddleback wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:15 pm
ChicagoGirl wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:33 pm
I am not going to add my timeline, as I just applied (sigh, let the long journey begin) - but I am curious, there are so many FBR applicants. Is this all in efforts to actually live in Ireland? Or is it mostly due to Brexit?
I would say 80% of the applicants are British, some of them, uniquely, are the die-hard Brexiteers. Mr Paisley of DUP in Northern Ireland who is by no means sympathetic to the Irish cause, on the record has obtained an Irish passport for EU travel/residence purposes. Just like Mr Paisley, rather a few applicants represent an interesting fusion of pragmatism and the counter-weighting world view I should say.
Saddleback is wise.

Personally, I'm a UK national and I would like to continue easily working across the EU post-Brexit. (There is some demand for my work in Dublin but also in Paris, Frankfurt, &c and - setting aside language and a few minor local quirks - they're all relatively easy if you have an EU passport). It doesn't make sense to spend years filling in forms and paying fees just to sidestep a little paperwork for a holiday in Spain. The tradeöff is more worthwhile for people who have bigger or more complex cross-border activities, although not necessarily in Ireland itself. Quite a few Britons working in Brussels applied for FBR immediately after the Brexit referendum.

msry5cw2
Newly Registered

Post by msry5cw2 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:08 pm

Hi there - very exciting email this morning asking for 4 x colour photos of my son (application submitted July 2019). I assume this is because they are out of date now (he was 3 months old at the time). Does anybody know if i need to get this recertified as true likeness? The email does not specify but I don't want to send them without being certified if this will just delay the process and obviously its impossible to speak to anybody officially.

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:12 pm

A previous applicant had same request for his daughter and he submitted them without certification. Not sure if they were accepted but never update us here

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:48 pm
Fbrlad wrote:
User applied in April last year if you searched their previous posts in this topic.
Reading through long thread(and not being able to view their posts via profile like what you have done) makes it a mission impossible :-)

The call does seem to be connected to her being an april applicant (fbr is processing for july-oct now), so seems they sent her an email and she never responded (spam?) hence they called her.

msry5cw2
Newly Registered

Post by msry5cw2 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:15 pm

yeah i would assume (hope) if they needed to be certified they would specify this in the request.
it literally just says "4 up to date colour photographs of XXX"

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:18 pm

msry5cw2 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:15 pm
yeah i would assume (hope) if they needed to be certified they would specify this in the request.
it literally just says "4 up to date colour photographs of XXX"
Congrats and we keep our fingers crossed for you. I applied around your time (first week of July) but never got through until now. What date they confirmed receiving it? At my time documents had to be submitted to the embassy not to dublin which caused major delays

msry5cw2
Newly Registered

Post by msry5cw2 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:42 pm

i applied on 09/07/19 and they confirmed application/receipt on 12/08/19 and this is the first I have heard since then today.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:02 pm

Just had a confirmation of address for my son’s application
Timeline

Application sent :07/07/2019
Documents received :05/09/2019
Address confirmation :16/12/2020
Added to FBR : pending
Certificate printed : pending

Hopefully they will send it out before Xmas holidays

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:17 pm

Congrats both of you! Im same in same week.. inwill sit tight now and keep my fingers crossed to get mine too.

Dunlin3: how old your son was at application time? Just to see if age determines the photo need

Emma Williams
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Emma Williams » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:04 pm

Fbrlad wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:14 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:48 pm
Fbrlad wrote:
Reading through long thread(and not being able to view their posts via profile like what you have done) makes it a mission impossible :-)

The call does seem to be connected to her being an april applicant (fbr is processing for july-oct now), so seems they sent her an email and she never responded (spam?) hence they called her.
I was a July 2019 applicant

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:49 pm

That day finally arrived. I received the confirm return mail address e-mail yesterday Dec 15 2020. I'm a June 27th 2019 application .Will update when " added to the FBR\ docs mailed back" e-mail arrives.
Good luck to all still waiting. A p8nt was drunk 😀

A grateful jgclancy

FlyingMum

Post by FlyingMum » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:01 pm

My son applied on 10 July 2019

Congratulations email received 18:30 on Monday 14 December. Advised by FBR that certificate, documentation and passport application being sent by registered, signed for post. Hopefully, any day now!

jamiepompey
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jamiepompey » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:06 pm

jgclancy wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:49 pm
That day finally arrived. I received the confirm return mail address e-mail yesterday Dec 15 2020. I'm a June 27th 2019 application .Will update when " added to the FBR\ docs mailed back" e-mail arrives.

A grateful jgclancy
Congrats Clancy! I've been keeping an eye out for your application. Hopefully not long now until you have the piece of paper in your hands. I only had mine in my possession for about three hours before it was mailed straight back to Ireland for the passport application.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:08 pm

Did you receive any address confirmation e mail before the congratulations e mail. I have also received an email today and wondering if they update you once you are added to the register.
Someone mentioned that they give tracking number but I guess not everyone receive that e mail.

obrienlj
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by obrienlj » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:11 pm

AntrimGrandchild wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:58 pm
obrienlj wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:26 pm
I received the please confirm address email months ago. Do most people get a response back right away after confirming?
Hi! I just posted a recent message about this. I received a please confirm email and no follow up in October. I got a web chat representative online about two weeks later and she said that I had been added to the FBR already. Response e-mails should be soon after, but I am guessing COVID through everything off. I am guessing you never received your certificate or documents either?? Yikes!
Good news for probably the both of us, I just received an email this morning that says a certificate has been printed and posted to my address. You probably will receive the same email soon too. Unless they are just giving special treatment to Dominicans, which I doubt lol.!

ct101
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by ct101 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:37 pm

Has anyone received a tracking number with their email letting them know that the certificate has been posted?

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:17 pm

jamiepompey wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:06 pm
jgclancy wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:49 pm

A grateful jgclancy
Congrats Clancy! I've been keeping an eye out for your application. Hopefully not long now until you have the piece of paper in your hands. I only had mine in my possession for about three hours before it was mailed straight back to Ireland for the passport application.
Thanks! - yes, I'll have to give it up and send in for passport too. No hurry but I'll be happy when it is complete. Then hopefully things with turn around with covid & make travel possible.
jgclancy