ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Post Reply
Hollyq
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:51 pm
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Hollyq » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:08 am

Hi,
I got my passport (timeline below) but am waiting for my children’s (applied through their fathers citizenship because I wasn’t on the register when they were born). I can see from other posts that they’re by no means near the front of the queue (and I’m happy to be patient) but I’ve seen a few posts about parents being asked to resubmit their children’s photos and I’m just curious if anyone knows if there’s an age limit/guidance on this? Ie are they only asking babies that would now be toddlers etc? My children were 5 and 8 so although they’ve changed they’d still be recognisable.

My timeline (team 12);
Application : 01/11/2019
Conf docs received: 03/12/2019
Conf of address: 22/12/2020
Congratulations: 20/04/2021
Cert received: 23/4/2021
Passport application: 14/05/2021
Passport received: 02/07/2021

Children:
Application: 10/12/2020
Conf docs received: 02/01/2021
Nothing since

Thanks and good luck everyone. I think this process is a test - being irish means never being in a rush to do anything 😂

Flatcap_Julius
BANNED
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:23 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Flatcap_Julius » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:14 am

Hollyq wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:08 am
Hi,
I got my passport (timeline below) but am waiting for my children’s (applied through their fathers citizenship because I wasn’t on the register when they were born). I can see from other posts that they’re by no means near the front of the queue (and I’m happy to be patient) but I’ve seen a few posts about parents being asked to resubmit their children’s photos and I’m just curious if anyone knows if there’s an age limit/guidance on this? Ie are they only asking babies that would now be toddlers etc? My children were 5 and 8 so although they’ve changed they’d still be recognisable.

My timeline (team 12);
Application : 01/11/2019
Conf docs received: 03/12/2019
Conf of address: 22/12/2020
Congratulations: 20/04/2021
Cert received: 23/4/2021
Passport application: 14/05/2021
Passport received: 02/07/2021

Children:
Application: 10/12/2020
Conf docs received: 02/01/2021
Nothing since

Thanks and good luck everyone. I think this process is a test - being irish means never being in a rush to do anything 😂
Congrats Hollyq, I bet it was fab to receive the Irish passport with a golden harp on it. Can't wait until that day comes for me! Seems like in most cases it's taking about 18 months. My British one ran out and that is taking 10 weeks as opposed to the usual 3 - but I can live with that. I guess all one can do is apply and wait - although I have been huffing and puffing a bit. I guess everything's all rather up in the air at present. Reading the posts on here helps to know how it's going for others.

Hollyq
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:51 pm
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Hollyq » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:04 am

Hollyq wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:08 am
Hi,
I got my passport (timeline below) but am waiting for my children’s (applied through their fathers citizenship because I wasn’t on the register when they were born). I can see from other posts that they’re by no means near the front of the queue (and I’m happy to be patient) but I’ve seen a few posts about parents being asked to resubmit their children’s photos and I’m just curious if anyone knows if there’s an age limit/guidance on this? Ie are they only asking babies that would now be toddlers etc? My children were 5 and 8 so although they’ve changed they’d still be recognisable.

My timeline (team 12);
Application : 01/11/2019
Conf docs received: 03/12/2019
Conf of address: 22/12/2020
Congratulations: 20/04/2021
Cert received: 23/4/2021
Passport application: 14/05/2021
Passport received: 02/07/2021

Children:
Application: 10/12/2020
Conf docs received: 02/01/2021
Nothing since

Thanks and good luck everyone. I think this process is a test - being irish means never being in a rush to do anything 😂
Just realised I put the wrong years on the children’s timeline! Should have been 2019 and 2020 respectively. 🤣

EmmaKate
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:34 pm
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by EmmaKate » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:57 pm

Congrats Hollyq, I bet it was fab to receive the Irish passport with a golden harp on it. Can't wait until that day comes for me! Seems like in most cases it's taking about 18 months. My British one ran out and that is taking 10 weeks as opposed to the usual 3 - but I can live with that. I guess all one can do is apply and wait - although I have been huffing and puffing a bit. I guess everything's all rather up in the air at present. Reading the posts on here helps to know how it's going for others.
[/quote]

For info, UK passport applications on-line are actually taking 3-4 weeks at present, paper apps 4-5 weeks. Passport Office is warning up to 10 weeks as they expect demand to rise as people begin travelling again.
My cousin works at DFAT in Balbriggan (not on FBR though) and he tells me the vast majority of staff are still seconded to covid-related roles in other parts of the civil service. Staff have all been working throughout the pandemic, just not in their usual roles.
Despite having a bit of inside info through family, I think I'm probably the longest-serving FBR waitee now at 28 months 🤣 It's for my kids though and they're in no rush. Such is life!

Flatcap_Julius
BANNED
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:23 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Flatcap_Julius » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:45 am

EmmaKate wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:57 pm
Congrats Hollyq, I bet it was fab to receive the Irish passport with a golden harp on it. Can't wait until that day comes for me! Seems like in most cases it's taking about 18 months. My British one ran out and that is taking 10 weeks as opposed to the usual 3 - but I can live with that. I guess all one can do is apply and wait - although I have been huffing and puffing a bit. I guess everything's all rather up in the air at present. Reading the posts on here helps to know how it's going for others.
For info, UK passport applications on-line are actually taking 3-4 weeks at present, paper apps 4-5 weeks. Passport Office is warning up to 10 weeks as they expect demand to rise as people begin travelling again.
My cousin works at DFAT in Balbriggan (not on FBR though) and he tells me the vast majority of staff are still seconded to covid-related roles in other parts of the civil service. Staff have all been working throughout the pandemic, just not in their usual roles.
Despite having a bit of inside info through family, I think I'm probably the longest-serving FBR waitee now at 28 months 🤣 It's for my kids though and they're in no rush. Such is life!
[/quote]
EmmaKate wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:57 pm
Congrats Hollyq, I bet it was fab to receive the Irish passport with a golden harp on it. Can't wait until that day comes for me! Seems like in most cases it's taking about 18 months. My British one ran out and that is taking 10 weeks as opposed to the usual 3 - but I can live with that. I guess all one can do is apply and wait - although I have been huffing and puffing a bit. I guess everything's all rather up in the air at present. Reading the posts on here helps to know how it's going for others.
Heya EmmaKate,

Thanks for the interesting info on the UK and Irish side of things. I guess at least the British one will let me go somewhere while I'm waiting for the Irish one to come through. I want an Irish passport with a golden harp on it, though! I will be a bit ashamed to show the blue British one, if I'm honest. I suppose at least the British one has an online tracker and they send email and text updates. I am pretty sure the Irish passport application is trackable too. It's just the FBR citizenship application where the communication is poor. Sorry you've been kept waiting for so long - 28 months! Hopefully they will get back onto FBR once COVID has released its iron grip on the world.

chelsearob77
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:56 pm
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by chelsearob77 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:09 pm

Flatcap_Julius wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:45 am
EmmaKate wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:57 pm
Congrats Hollyq, I bet it was fab to receive the Irish passport with a golden harp on it. Can't wait until that day comes for me! Seems like in most cases it's taking about 18 months. My British one ran out and that is taking 10 weeks as opposed to the usual 3 - but I can live with that. I guess all one can do is apply and wait - although I have been huffing and puffing a bit. I guess everything's all rather up in the air at present. Reading the posts on here helps to know how it's going for others.
For info, UK passport applications on-line are actually taking 3-4 weeks at present, paper apps 4-5 weeks. Passport Office is warning up to 10 weeks as they expect demand to rise as people begin travelling again.
My cousin works at DFAT in Balbriggan (not on FBR though) and he tells me the vast majority of staff are still seconded to covid-related roles in other parts of the civil service. Staff have all been working throughout the pandemic, just not in their usual roles.
Despite having a bit of inside info through family, I think I'm probably the longest-serving FBR waitee now at 28 months 🤣 It's for my kids though and they're in no rush. Such is life!
EmmaKate wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:57 pm
Congrats Hollyq, I bet it was fab to receive the Irish passport with a golden harp on it. Can't wait until that day comes for me! Seems like in most cases it's taking about 18 months. My British one ran out and that is taking 10 weeks as opposed to the usual 3 - but I can live with that. I guess all one can do is apply and wait - although I have been huffing and puffing a bit. I guess everything's all rather up in the air at present. Reading the posts on here helps to know how it's going for others.
Heya EmmaKate,

Thanks for the interesting info on the UK and Irish side of things. I guess at least the British one will let me go somewhere while I'm waiting for the Irish one to come through. I want an Irish passport with a golden harp on it, though! I will be a bit ashamed to show the blue British one, if I'm honest. I suppose at least the British one has an online tracker and they send email and text updates. I am pretty sure the Irish passport application is trackable too. It's just the FBR citizenship application where the communication is poor. Sorry you've been kept waiting for so long - 28 months! Hopefully they will get back onto FBR once COVID has released its iron grip on the world.
[/quote]

What is there to be ashamed about having a British passport?

Woody TS
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:53 am

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Woody TS » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:27 pm


Flatcap_Julius
BANNED
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:23 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Flatcap_Julius » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:05 pm

Thanks Woody. I'm glad that questions about FBR are being raised in the Oireachtas. As usual the reply from SC is not particularly helpful. He says: "In situations where the completion of registrations potentially impact on the rights of a person, it will consider urgent requests to expedite registered applications on a case by case basis". Such applicants are advised on the Department’s website to make contact with the Passport Service through the WebChat service." The fact is that the only right they seem concerned with is the right to pass on hereditary citizenship. The not processing of the FBR affects many other rights, for example in my case, my right to go and live in my cottage for more than 90 days in every 180, my right to work in Luxembourg etc, yet the DFA are not concerned with such things. The service on the live chats is virtually nonexistent. They are about as approachable as a house on fire, and as helpful as a bunch of amoebas.

Woody TS
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:53 am

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Woody TS » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:51 pm

Yes it is such a frustrating situation. It is impacting my opportunity of working and living abroad too. I have emailed the head of the foreign birth registration to ask on an update on the situation. I am not sure if I will hear a reply. I sent my application last year with very important documents but haven't heard anything since.

Mr_Knight
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:55 pm
Mood:

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Mr_Knight » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:52 pm

chelsearob77 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:09 pm
What is there to be ashamed about having a British passport?
I know right? Besides there are plenty of websites that provide leather Irish passport covers that people could put over their British passports if they are that concerned. Seems like a real rigmarole just for the aesthetics of the physical passport.

tommlennon
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:47 pm
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by tommlennon » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:57 pm

Updating for those tracking dates and a question about passport application process..

- Oct 24 2019 - email notification, FBR application received
- Jun 14 2021- email; confirmation of address request
- Jun 28 2021- Congrats. FBR Certificate will be sent post...signature required.
- Jul 16 2021 - Certificate received via US Post (no signature required).

Q: So my next step is applying for an Irish passport. I have my cert. number and can get digital photos prepared. Can I use my FBR cert number to apply for the passport online? Is that the best route? Any advice to avoid delays?

Thanks!

BigDaddy100
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:42 am
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by BigDaddy100 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:29 pm

tommlennon wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:57 pm
Updating for those tracking dates and a question about passport application process..

- Oct 24 2019 - email notification, FBR application received
- Jun 14 2021- email; confirmation of address request
- Jun 28 2021- Congrats. FBR Certificate will be sent post...signature required.
- Jul 16 2021 - Certificate received via US Post (no signature required).

Q: So my next step is applying for an Irish passport. I have my cert. number and can get digital photos prepared. Can I use my FBR cert number to apply for the passport online? Is that the best route? Any advice to avoid delays?

Thanks!
The DFA site doesn't mention an application number for online passport applications. Maybe a number is generated during the online process (when I applied the paper app was the only option).

Other than lockdowns, most delays are due to documentation issues. You'll still need to submit supporting docs (including your new FBR cert). Assuming you're in the U.S., here is the list:

If you are resident in Northern Ireland or abroad, submit your:
  • Foreign Birth Registration certificate
  • Your Full civil birth certificate (version that includes the name(s) of the parent(s).
  • Your Civil marriage certificate (if requesting the passport in your married name).
  • Proof of address.
  • Copy of your Public Services Card if resident in Ireland
  • If resident outside of Ireland submit:
    • Original passport from another country, national ID card, social security card or a certified (by a solicitor or notary public) copy of your driver’s license
    • Proof of name.

Best of luck. :)

MikeyMike
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:20 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by MikeyMike » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:35 pm

tommlennon wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:57 pm
Updating for those tracking dates and a question about passport application process..

- Oct 24 2019 - email notification, FBR application received
- Jun 14 2021- email; confirmation of address request
- Jun 28 2021- Congrats. FBR Certificate will be sent post...signature required.
- Jul 16 2021 - Certificate received via US Post (no signature required).

Q: So my next step is applying for an Irish passport. I have my cert. number and can get digital photos prepared. Can I use my FBR cert number to apply for the passport online? Is that the best route? Any advice to avoid delays?

Thanks!
Sorry if this sounds harsh but if you got through FBR you can figure out the passport process. There is ample documentation on the web: https://www.dfa.ie/passports. If you're in eligible country, you start the process online and will be told which documents have to be mailed in, e.g. FBR certificate, birth certificate, photo ID etc. Good luck!

cullan123
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:59 am

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by cullan123 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:12 am

Hi,
Hoping someone can help with this,
I'm applying for FBR on behalf of my son on the basis of my father being born in Ireland.
However, he is unable to get current state-issued ID: he's never had a passport, is too young to get a drivers license and apparently the government scrapped ID cards in 2011.
I have seen people talk about CitizenCard which could be an option, has anyone had any success with using CitizenCard instead of state-issued ID?
Another thing I saw was getting a letter from a professional (his teacher) to confirm identity, address, and DOB, has anyone had any success with doing this?
Really struggling as getting in contact with the FBR is impossible.

Many Thanks.

brainiacghost
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:32 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by brainiacghost » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:42 am

He can get a passport, surely?

cullan123
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:59 am

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by cullan123 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:04 am

It's a last resort, it will cost another £50 and could take up to 10 weeks so hoping there is an easier option.

Flatcap_Julius
BANNED
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:23 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Flatcap_Julius » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:14 am

I got my passport today - my British one - so no golden harp on it :cry: exactly 2 weeks after applying. Damn good service though - ultra efficient and hassle-free. I suppose I'll be able to use it to go somewhere - anywhere - just want to start travelling again. It just goes to show how different things are one you're a citizen of a particular country. Roll on that day when the Irish passport comes

Mr_Knight
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:55 pm
Mood:

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Mr_Knight » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:02 am

cullan123 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:12 am
Hi,
Hoping someone can help with this,
I'm applying for FBR on behalf of my son on the basis of my father being born in Ireland.
However, he is unable to get current state-issued ID: he's never had a passport, is too young to get a drivers license and apparently the government scrapped ID cards in 2011.
I have seen people talk about CitizenCard which could be an option, has anyone had any success with using CitizenCard instead of state-issued ID?
Another thing I saw was getting a letter from a professional (his teacher) to confirm identity, address, and DOB, has anyone had any success with doing this?
Really struggling as getting in contact with the FBR is impossible.

Many Thanks.
You could use a solicitor/commissioner of oaths to witness your sworn legal statment as to the identity of an individual. I hear thats how gypsy/travellers that dont have birth certificates can be issued with Passports. It's between 10-30 quid I believe.

anthonydoh
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:54 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by anthonydoh » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:46 pm

Applications submitted online: 29 May 2019
Email acknowledging receipt of documents (Balbriggan): 31 May 2019
Request for updated photos: 19 Oct 2020
Confirmation of address email: 11 July 2021
Congrats email: NONE
FBR certificates received: 21 July 2021

Finally at the end of this process after 774 days, or just under 2 years and 2 months.

I had followed up in late May with our elected representatives and again in early July through the DFA. I don't know if that had any impact.

The applications were for my children. Now for the passport process. Hopefully it takes weeks instead of years this time.

Flatcap_Julius
BANNED
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:23 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Flatcap_Julius » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:11 pm

anthonydoh wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:46 pm
Applications submitted online: 29 May 2019
Email acknowledging receipt of documents (Balbriggan): 31 May 2019
Request for updated photos: 19 Oct 2020
Confirmation of address email: 11 July 2021
Congrats email: NONE
FBR certificates received: 21 July 2021

Finally at the end of this process after 774 days, or just under 2 years and 2 months.

I had followed up in late May with our elected representatives and again in early July through the DFA. I don't know if that had any impact.

The applications were for my children. Now for the passport process. Hopefully it takes weeks instead of years this time.
Congrats Anthony, that was a long old process. I still can't fathom out why there is some disparity in the processing timescales. Some people applied at around the same date and had their FBR within 18 months. It can't be anything to do with childbirth - because that would presumably need to be processed within 9 months. I don't mind too much about the delays as I understand that there are many things going on in the world - it's the almost total lack of communication that gets me. I am beginning to understand how asylum-seekers must feel now. From what I understand, the Irish passport application process is pretty good - with updates a bit like the UK one. I got my UK passport in 2 weeks - probably because nobody wants them anymore LOL!

anthonydoh
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:54 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by anthonydoh » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:10 am

Thanks. I don't think we'll ever get to the bottom of the disparity in processing times. It wasn't a particular rush for me but I did get fed up waiting as it approached the second anniversary of the applications. Really glad to get this over with.

Flatcap_Julius
BANNED
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:23 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Flatcap_Julius » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:32 am

I was just flipping through my new (UK) passport and at the back there is printed a map of the UK isles, however according to this map, the Republic of Ireland appears not to exist!!!!! I would have thought they would at least outline the whole island of Ireland and then shade in the Northern Ireland bit (which is part of the UK - administratively at least). Not having the Republic of Ireland outlined / depicted seems strange and, in my opinion, very rude of the UK Government! There's no golden harp on the cover, of course. Instead it has what looks like a thistle and a rose and something else I can't quite make out in a raised / embossed texture.

V3rvangen
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:01 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by V3rvangen » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:55 am

Flatcap_Julius wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:32 am
I was just flipping through my new (UK) passport and at the back there is printed a map of the UK isles, however according to this map, the Republic of Ireland appears not to exist!!!!! I would have thought they would at least outline the whole island of Ireland and then shade in the Northern Ireland bit (which is part of the UK - administratively at least). Not having the Republic of Ireland outlined / depicted seems strange and, in my opinion, very rude of the UK Government! There's no golden harp on the cover, of course. Instead it has what looks like a thistle and a rose and something else I can't quite make out in a raised / embossed texture.
I would think including an image of the Republic of Ireland on a UK passport would be ridiculously provocative, given the history. But even ignoring the history, why would it make sense to include another country on a UK passport? If the French passport had the same design with a map of its territory, would it have to include the entirety of South America because that's where French Guiana is located?

Also, would recommend not referring to Ireland as being part of the 'UK isles'.

Rocky101
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:30 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Rocky101 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:31 pm

I also think its distasteful comparing yourself to an asylum seeker! You are also living in a safe country and don't have to flee in fear of your life! There is no comparison! ou are living in Britain, with a British passport, that many of the asylum seeker you are comparing yourself to are dying (literally!) to get.

Like it or not you are in a queue that everyone else has had to wait in through no fault of our own. in the mean time, you can still travel, have running water, food and safety! The only thing you can't do is work in the EU without a visa, but in my opinion you shouldn't have accepted a job knowing you were not eligible to work at!
Flatcap_Julius wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:11 pm
anthonydoh wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:46 pm
Applications submitted online: 29 May 2019
Email acknowledging receipt of documents (Balbriggan): 31 May 2019
Request for updated photos: 19 Oct 2020
Confirmation of address email: 11 July 2021
Congrats email: NONE
FBR certificates received: 21 July 2021

Finally at the end of this process after 774 days, or just under 2 years and 2 months.

I had followed up in late May with our elected representatives and again in early July through the DFA. I don't know if that had any impact.

The applications were for my children. Now for the passport process. Hopefully it takes weeks instead of years this time.
Congrats Anthony, that was a long old process. I still can't fathom out why there is some disparity in the processing timescales. Some people applied at around the same date and had their FBR within 18 months. It can't be anything to do with childbirth - because that would presumably need to be processed within 9 months. I don't mind too much about the delays as I understand that there are many things going on in the world - it's the almost total lack of communication that gets me. I am beginning to understand how asylum-seekers must feel now. From what I understand, the Irish passport application process is pretty good - with updates a bit like the UK one. I got my UK passport in 2 weeks - probably because nobody wants them anymore LOL!

MikeyMike
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:20 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by MikeyMike » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:15 pm

Flatcap_Julius wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:32 am
I was just flipping through my new (UK) passport and at the back there is printed a map of the UK isles, however according to this map, the Republic of Ireland appears not to exist!!!!! I would have thought they would at least outline the whole island of Ireland and then shade in the Northern Ireland bit (which is part of the UK - administratively at least). Not having the Republic of Ireland outlined / depicted seems strange and, in my opinion, very rude of the UK Government! There's no golden harp on the cover, of course. Instead it has what looks like a thistle and a rose and something else I can't quite make out in a raised / embossed texture.
This is a support thread for those going through the FRB process, not a soapbox for you to air your many grievances. Most of your posts have been off-topic and some have been downright inflammatory. I suggest you take a hike.

Post Reply
cron