ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Freedom of movement

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shark123
Newly Registered

Freedom of movement

Post by shark123 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:48 pm

Hi Guys
I have a UK passport if i bring my parents from Pakistan to Ireland can they claim benefits if i am working in Ireland.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Freedom of movement

Post by littlerr » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:02 pm

In short, a big NO.

First of all, your question is too vague to be answered. What benefit do you want to claim? How do you plan to bring your parents over? On what basis? Are they your dependant or not? Who are going to support their stays in Ireland?

The purpose of Freedom of Movement directive is so that an EU person can visit and work in another country freely. It’s not for someone’s relatives that have never worked in that country to claim benefits.

If your parents are dependant on you, you need to prove that you support them financially every month, and this support is sufficient so that they do not become a burden of this country.

If your parents are not dependant on you, you cannot exercise free movement, and they would need to apply for visa on their own merit, which also includes a clause that they must be able to support themselves financially.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Re: Freedom of movement

Post by Finepaddy » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:47 pm

Yes u can apply but only under FIS or u can show that they are working part time.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen: